63 replies to this topic

#1 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

http://uk.ign.com/ar...rful-101-review

Oh dear, the lesbian from IGN doesn't rate it highly. That must mean it's terrible.... :rolleyes:

Edited by Forza Juventus, 18 August 2013 - 02:45 PM.

#2 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:50 PM

psh, everyone knows women can't play video games.

#3 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:51 PM

Everything she said I can't really disagree with based on the demo. Mastering the Bayonetta controls is much easier then the Wonderful101.

Edited by Colinx, 18 August 2013 - 02:52 PM.

2lvmghw.png

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

wtf? The score and written review.... match each other?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

I'm still picking this up and will actually read the manual unlike this "reviewer". I learned how to play in the demo within 10 minutes or so without it.

I have always said that intelligent people who go on to write articles (such as the incompetent IGN staff) or become doctors are actually some of the dumbest people on earth.

#6 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

I miss Audrey and Rich. They would've given it a 9 or 10. WTF Keza? A game from the Clover team and you give it JUST an 8?!

Edited by Stromdeath, 18 August 2013 - 03:04 PM.

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

#7 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:05 PM

3Dude: Reviews don't matter! 

Sidenote- reviews are popping up:

http://www.theguardi...deo-game-review

http://www.gamespot....review-6413062/

http://www.eurogamer...rful-101-review

http://n4g.com/news/...w-nintendo-life

http://www.gamesrada...ful-101-review/

http://www.blistered...ful-101-review/

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=655023

Edited by Smoke Meth HAIL SATAN, 18 August 2013 - 03:10 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

I'm still picking this up and will actually read the manual unlike this "reviewer". I learned how to play in the demo within 10 minutes or so without it.

I have always said that intelligent people who go on to write articles (such as the incompetent IGN staff) or become doctors are actually some of the dumbest people on earth.

Well, while I do disagree with how she interpereted most of the things she experienced, (having to earn the entire moveset is a maaaaajor plus for me, losing yourself is user error and can be rectified with 'y', getting hit from off screen 'stinger' moves cued me in to this being actually being a purposefully employed tactic by enemy ai, something i now relish countering and kick myself for missing and ruining my pure platinum) I actually experienced these myself, which is light years beyond typical ign reviews full of fictitious mis interpereted nonsense.

And on top of that, by some miracle, the written review actually matches the score given, making this the best ign review i have read in ages, regaurdless of score.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:09 PM

3Dude: Reviews don't matter! 

As much as i want to agree, It's not true, people choose if they should buy a game or not on reviews. I don't listen to reviews so they don't matter to me, but they matter to the majority of the public out there.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#10 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

As much as i want to agree, It's not true, people choose if they should buy a game or not on reviews. I don't listen to reviews so they don't matter to me, but they matter to the majority of the public out there.

Most people nowadays rely on reviews. This isn't the 90s. It's getting mixed reception; hit or miss. There's also a lot of them complaining about the controls. 

Edited by Smoke Meth HAIL SATAN, 18 August 2013 - 03:18 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#11 erics

erics

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

I don't like this woman's style. She constantly comes off as someone who needs to assert her 'intelligence.' Her opinion obviously shouldn't and doesn't matter to me, but I know a lot of you guys were looking forward to this title.

Edited by erics, 18 August 2013 - 03:22 PM.

New Super Mario Bros. U, ZombiU, Darksiders II, Lego City Undercover, Little Inferno, New Super Luigi U, Earthbound, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101...

#12 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

Are the controls genuinely that bad? I haven't played the demo myself... from the sounds of the review, she was just a bit rubbish at the game.

To be fair though, Kid Icarus got unfairly treated due to its control scheme, which I loved.

I still really want The Wonderful 101, a lot.

Bring the noise.

#13 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

Are the controls genuinely that bad? I haven't played the demo myself... from the sounds of the review, she was just a bit rubbish at the game.

To be fair though, Kid Icarus got unfairly treated due to its control scheme, which I loved.

I still really want The Wonderful 101, a lot.

The controls are a tad hard to get used to.  At least in my experience, but I wasn't the only one. Multiple users here wasn't fond of the controls either. 

Edited by Smoke Meth HAIL SATAN, 18 August 2013 - 03:23 PM.

#14 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

POPULAR

Isn't this the same lady that gave Xenoblade Chronicles a 7/10 in graphics because it wasn't on par with an Xbox 360 game graphically?

http://www.ign.com/a...ronicles-review

...yeah. Yeah it is. Take the review with a few dozen grains of salt, everybody.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#15 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:25 PM

Isn't this the same lady that gave Xenoblade Chronicles a 7/10 in graphics because it wasn't on par with an Xbox 360 game graphically?

http://www.ign.com/a...ronicles-review

...yeah. Yeah it is. Take the review with a few dozen grains of salt, everybody.

Not the point. There's still multiple reviewers giving scores that aren't so nice, while there's reviewers giving it good scores. 

#16 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

The controls are a tad hard to get used to.  At least in my experience, but I wasn't the only one. Multiple users here wasn't fond of the controls either. 

To be honest though, I was more worried that the game would be easy, IGNs review has kind of made me want the game even more.

Bring the noise.

#17 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:28 PM

7.4 isn't even a bad score. The internet is getting their panties in a bunch again. 

#18 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:29 PM

Great scores in general. It's a game you love it or hate it anyway. :)

Why reading reviews when you can just download the demo and see it for yourself?

Edited by namkotje, 18 August 2013 - 03:30 PM.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#19 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

Great scores in general. It's a game you love it or hate it anyway. :)

Why reading reviews when you can just download the demo and see it for yourself?

Yeah ^

Just because I didn't like it doesn't mean you won't, Monk. 

#20 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

Some reviewers get all high and mighty. They think they have power to let their words manifest into peoples minds whatever they write, and in a way they do. They don't realize that sometimes all they are doing is nitpicking and being overly critical.

The game has had some decent scores so far and some bad ones. I can't wait to play it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!