• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:46 AM

Don't worry. Not that kinda in game loading, he means the loading to get the level ready. But those load screens do take there time, other than that great game just beat it yesterday. also not sure about igns supposed frame rate issue beat the the game, no issues.

They were talking about cut scenes which after a couple missions I noticed once briefly. Like I said the screen tearing they mentioned on 360 and PS3 is far worse, which you can very obviously see just from watching a couple of YouTube videos.

#42 GreenPenInk

GreenPenInk

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

How often do you load in this game? Once per mission?

zeldasig.jpg

#43 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:44 AM

How often do you load in this game? Once per mission?

It loads initially on the plane which is like the hub, and then it loads the mission and then you are set until the mission is done.

So although loading is bad it's infrequent enough not to ruin the game.

#44 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:40 AM

They were talking about cut scenes which after a couple missions I noticed once briefly. Like I said the screen tearing they mentioned on 360 and PS3 is far worse, which you can very obviously see just from watching a couple of YouTube videos.

I know they were talking about the cut screens but honestly never noticed any, played through the whole game. Only thing I haven't touched is online and side missions.

#45 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:58 AM

From DF:

http://www.eurogamer...cklist-face-off

Wii U port seems to be rushed, really.

Edited by namkotje, 27 August 2013 - 04:58 AM.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#46 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:54 AM

From DF:

http://www.eurogamer...cklist-face-off

Wii U port seems to be rushed, really.

Its a port with minimal investment, but at least its respectable.  Lets face it, so far Publishers feel pretty justified in their decision to limit the investment in Wii U ports thus far.  The payback hasnt been very good.  Its obvious that these games are highly optimized at this point for the 360, and not for Wii U.  I can still appreciate that Ubisoft at least gave gamers the option to buy this game on Wii U.  Its far from being a bad version, and the framerate would have held up better if they had allowed screen tearing.  The 360/PS3 wouldnt have done any better if they didnt sacrifice screen tearing.  Do you want 30fps with lots of torn screens or 20 fps with no screen tearing?  Its a bummer that we even have to choose, but thats the way it is these days in the console gaming world.  I think developers need to learn how to optimize games a bit better for high framerates.   

#47 GreenPenInk

GreenPenInk

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:27 PM

It loads initially on the plane which is like the hub, and then it loads the mission and then you are set until the mission is done.

So although loading is bad it's infrequent enough not to ruin the game.

Thanks.

For someone who is itching to play a shooter and doesn't want to get one on the PC.  Will this game scratch that itch or should I wait for CoD: Ghosts?

edit:  Like if I played, I would want to be a sniper rather than the guy slitting throats, but I would slit throats when necessary.

Edited by GreenPenInk, 28 August 2013 - 04:30 PM.

zeldasig.jpg

#48 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:40 PM

Thanks.

For someone who is itching to play a shooter and doesn't want to get one on the PC. Will this game scratch that itch or should I wait for CoD: Ghosts?

edit: Like if I played, I would want to be a sniper rather than the guy slitting throats, but I would slit throats when necessary.

You can play it as a shooter, although its no COD. You can stay in the shadows taking people out though if that's your thing. That's the 'panther' style of play.

#49 GreenPenInk

GreenPenInk

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:52 PM

You can play it as a shooter, although its no COD. You can stay in the shadows taking people out though if that's your thing. That's the 'panther' style of play.

Thanks bud.

zeldasig.jpg

#50 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:51 AM

This game is so fun i love playing Ghost Im about 10 hours in and just been messing around seeing what different ways I can do one level.

#51 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

Grrr land mines....

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#52 DizzyT

DizzyT

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • NNID:DizzyT

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:02 AM

Aside from the long loading times I think this game is great.

Some levels you just sneak around and some levels you just feel like taking your sniper out..

HavenĀ“t tried spies vs mercs yet though..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!