magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:49 PM

I've been thinking. If Nintendo could lower the price of the Wii U by cutting BC, would you be okay with that? Or at the least, have it sold along the other bundles? I'd say yes. I have no intention of letting go my Wii since it has BC with GameCube games and controllers.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#2 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

probably will happens sometime in its lifecycle

#3 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:15 PM

It's built into the system fundamentally. There is no removing it.

It would literally save no money and decrease the value at the same time.

The wii u simply needs great wii u games. They are coming. Just late.

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:55 AM

Thats impossible, it would cost more money to remove. An entire cpu/gpu redesign.

Wii never removed bc, it removed gamecube ports and memory slots, and used a cheaper nonmodular disc drive, to save a couple bucks on 'unnecessary' physical components.

Wii u HAS no physical components dedicated to bc.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 The Halbird

The Halbird

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Ace Combat,

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:02 AM

Removing backward compatibility would be a bad thing IMHO, Especially if someone does not have a lot of money to spend on video games but does have a few good triple A Wii titles. The price cut from making a BC less console would probably not lower the cost of the system like time would anyways assuming it would lover the price of the system at all.

#6 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:27 AM

Y, removing backwords compatability would not remove any hardware componits, and do nothing to lower the cost of the consul, if anything features for GC backwords compatability should be added.

#7 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:32 AM

If the Wii U cpu and gpu is based off of the Wii's, then it might have gamecube compatibility internally. I don't know if theu just have to add the ports and compatible disk drive though.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#8 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

backwards compatibility  is  built into the wii u design,  parts that run the virtual wii are also used to run the wii u. There is nothing you can take out without having to  add something new in  to compensate. It already is the lowest per dollar that you will get,  doing this will only RAISE the price.

#9 cupoftea

cupoftea

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:01 PM

lol what are you on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this isnt ps3 sony are the idiot derp zhits not nintendo

wiiu gpu runs/emulates wii code and the expresso easy acts a s a broadway THERE IS NOTHING TO REMOVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

#10 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:51 AM

lol what are you on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this isnt ps3 sony are the idiot derp zhits not nintendo

wiiu gpu runs/emulates wii code and the expresso easy acts a s a broadway THERE IS NOTHING TO REMOVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

it does not emulate it accually.

#11 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

Thats impossible, it would cost more money to remove. An entire cpu/gpu redesign.Wii never removed bc, it removed gamecube ports and memory slots, and used a cheaper nonmodular disc drive, to save a couple bucks on 'unnecessary' physical components.Wii u HAS no physical components dedicated to bc.

Wrong. The low cost Wii Mini Red system does not play GameCube games as they removed that capability.

http://www.nintendo....iew-726559.html

#12 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

It's built into the system fundamentally. There is no removing it.
It would literally save no money and decrease the value at the same time.
The wii u simply needs great wii u games. They are coming. Just late.

As said.

Also you can't just remove it. Is not tack on like the playstation. It's build into the core. That's one of the reasons why you can use the wiimotes on alot of wii u games,
If thewii u wants to get sells they need some killer games and suppose from 3rd party.
Everyone hates buying the wii u version to get rip off by it being worse then the ps3/x360 one and missing stuff.

The wii u 3rd party games need to be the same if not better then the other ver out there. I should be on par with the ps4 and x1 ver.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#13 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:15 AM

Wrong. The low cost Wii Mini Red system does not play GameCube games as they removed that capability.

http://www.nintendo....iew-726559.html

They only removed the controller ports. It's still possible to run GameCube games through homebrew.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#14 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:15 AM

They only removed the controller ports. It's still possible to run GameCube games through homebrew.

Like I said the new red Wii's do not play GameCube games. It says so on the page I linked to. Home brew is not relevant to this discussion as it involves modifying the Wii and most people should not want to or would not feel comfortable doing so. Besides the point I was making was that Nintendo did remove backward compatibility from the latest Wii.

#15 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

Like I said the new red Wii's do not play GameCube games. It says so on the page I linked to. Home brew is not relevant to this discussion as it involves modifying the Wii and most people should not want to or would not feel comfortable doing so. Besides the point I was making was that Nintendo did remove backward compatibility from the latest Wii.

There's a difference between hardware and software.

The Wii lost BC because it was more expensive to include the ports for gc controllers and memory cards. But it would cost more to redesign the cpu to remove BC support from it. So technically you possibly could take a Wii Mini, solder the ports onto it, and reflash it to make it support gc games.

On the Wii U there's nothing to remove. The SD card is useful, Wii U games use the Wii remotes, and the disk is the same size. Theoretically they could save a pittance by locking the disk drive to Wii U disks, but I think the savings would be slim if anything. And Nintendo does NOT have heating issues, so there's n incentive to redesign the cpu. They can use the old ones forever, renegotiating lower costs as time goes on.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!