#1 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

http://www.computera...-claims-report/

This is reported on other sites too.

30, 000 shipped in the homeland. That is not good. Maybe they are expecting 100, 000 downloads.

Let's hope sales after the first few weeks show this was an error in judgment.

Edited by Dharmanator, 21 August 2013 - 02:00 PM.

#2 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:28 PM

how many for the UK ?

#3 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

It wont sell well. Rayman Legends and GTA come out close to it.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#4 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

I expect little to no sales maybe im wrong. Who knows.

#5 Bowser Jr

Bowser Jr

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, and Sonic

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

it will probably fail since every copy would be stuck on the shelves due to GTA fans overcrowding every store on September 17, 2013 for GTA V for Xbox 360. 

#6 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:59 PM

Well the game looked fun but the demo was very tiresome very boring after a few try's. still it sucks simply because I want Nintendo to succeed.

#7 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

Oops. Posted this in the wrong location. I reposted in games and software.

But I guess this game does need help. That count?

But I did have high hopes for this.

#8 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

Who can blame em, its close to GTAV's launch. There is no denying that it won't sell over 30k. They made the right choice.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

Oops. Posted this in the wrong location. I reposted in games and software.

But I guess this game does need help. That count?

But I did have high hopes for this.

Oh, that's why.
Also, *in (correcting myself)

It wont sell well. Rayman Legends and GTA come out close to it.

GTA isn't out anywhere near september in Japan, and never sells well there.

No idea about rayman, but probably the same story.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:40 PM

This cant be right I swore I imported at least 50K copies Ill be so mad if im short on launch.

#11 Reversal

Reversal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

Sucks that Japan won't have too many copies of the game. But then again, this isn't really the type of game that appeals to them as they prefer games that are made in their own country.

#12 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:45 PM

Sucks that Japan won't have too many copies of the game. But then again, this isn't really the type of game that appeals to them as they prefer games that are made in their own country.

Platinum Games are japanese.

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#13 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

I played the demo and I really tried to get into it but I couldn't. 

The story isn't very interesting, the fixed camera angle is terrible, and the environment and music is very stale. The characters are actually pretty cool and so are the bosses.

This is just my personal opinion but I really wish Nintendo as much success as possible. I really do hope this game sells anyway because I know some people like it. 

Edited by EvilMoogle, 21 August 2013 - 09:19 PM.

#14 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

I played the demo and I really tried to get into it but I couldn't. 

The story isn't very interesting, the fixed camera angle is terrible, and the environment and music is very stale. The characters are actually pretty cool and so are the bosses.

This is just my personal opinion but I really wish Nintendo as much success as possible. I really do hope this game sells anyway because I know some people like it. 

yeah it seems like its becoming a niche game...

Or at least with very mixed opinions, and im not talking about reviewers, but average gamers who have tried it.

I hope it sells well too, but the gtaV threat is huge.

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#15 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

Or at least with very mixed opinions, and im not talking about reviewers, but average gamers who have tried it.

People will choose what they like and we must accept that. The only problem for sales is the fact the game has not got any  exposure on TV. I'm not trying bring anyone hopes up but I think this can knock out 1 million sales before Feb 2014.  Did you read the Blistered Thumbs review yet?

Edited by The Green Ranger, 21 August 2013 - 10:01 PM.

#16 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

I don't think it will reach 1m anytime soon, I remember Kid Icarus: Uprising hardly managed to do it more than a year after its release.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#17 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

I don't think it will reach 1m anytime soon, I remember Kid Icarus: Uprising hardly managed to do it more than a year after its release.

While that is true, you have to remember the upcoming Christmas period and January sales time are coming. Holidays and events such as these can change sales. Kid Icarus was different tho. Uprising was a great game but it was out of the blue. People have known about Wonderful 101 for some time.  We just have to wait for the result then. 

#18 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

While that is true, you have to remember the upcoming Christmas period and January sales time are coming. Holidays and events such as these can change sales. Kid Icarus was different tho. Uprising was a great game but it was out of the blue. People have known about Wonderful 101 for some time.  We just have to wait for the result then. 

Uprising came out last year but it was advertised even before the launch of the 3DS (I think it was shown first at E3 2010). But you're right about the holiday part.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#19 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

Honestly I don't see GTA V as a threat because it's not a Wii U game, and it doesn't target the same audience.

People will choose what they like and we must accept that. The only problem for sales is the fact the game has not got any  exposure on TV. I'm not trying bring anyone hopes up but I think this can knock out 1 million sales before Feb 2014.  Did you read the Blistered Thumbs review yet?

I think word of mouth is the strongest way to advertise video games and online advertising. TV advertisement's influence has decreased over the years while online advertisement has seen a steady increase every single year. Most gamers just use Netflix or other online sources to watch most of their shows and movies. Unless your game has a huge following already established like Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty, or Assassins Creed there isn't really much of a benefit to advertising on TV.

#20 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

Honestly I don't see GTA V as a threat because it's not a Wii U game, and it doesn't target the same audience.

I think word of mouth is the strongest way to advertise video games and online advertising. TV advertisement's influence has decreased over the years while online advertisement has seen a steady increase every single year. Most gamers just use Netflix or other online sources to watch most of their shows and movies. Unless your game has a huge following already established like Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty, or Assassins Creed there isn't really much of a benefit to advertising on TV.

True but TV is still the largest form of entertainment and this has proven to be a valuable asset to companies. We just have to watch from now until Christmas. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!