• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

I read on this forum how apparently Sega used psychology t make Nintendo look like it's for kids, and I thought of an advertisement that may counteract that:

The purpose of the advertisement would be to show that Nintendo is and always has been for all ages.

First part: have a 6 yo young boy-like Mii be playing on a NES, a variation of Mario bros themesong is playing

Second: Mii now looks a little older (maybe 11ish), is now playing a SNES and theme song is maybe more like Super Metroid

third: Mii now looks  like a teen (with the spiky hair or something), playing a N64 and theme song is maybe Super Mario 64

fourth: mii now looks like a young adult, and is playing a gamecube with a girl Mii that loos similar age. maybe Wind Waker (I know it's single player)

fifth: Miis are playing with one or two 5 yo looking Miis, theme song is either Mario party or Mario galaxy

sixth: Miis all look a little older. All Miis are playing Wii U, with another 6 yo Mii holding the Gamepad. maybe a remix of Mario Bros is playing?

closing scene would either list all consoles (or the name of each console is listed in it's scene) with a closing remark of something like "Nintendo: it's for life"

I know it sounds a bit corny, but I think there could be something there.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#2 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:49 PM

POPULAR

Needs more dubstep.

#3 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:54 PM

Needs more dubstep.

THANK YOU!
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#4 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

I think that the older kid playing should be playing a 3rd party game like ZombiU or something idk. Maybe The Wonderful 101.

It would be a good way to advertise all the new games in one ad.

#5 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

I like this idea.

It makes me think about how i NEVER OWNED A SODDING GAMECUBE

DASHKLDJASLDJALDSKJl

86c.gif

#6 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:35 PM

Needs 3rd party "mature" games

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

Would never happen, not hipster enough.

Also, seems like it wouldn't fit in 30 seconds and still get the message across.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

Would never happen, not hipster enough.

Also, seems like it wouldn't fit in 30 seconds and still get the message across.

Each part only needs to be about 3-5 seconds long to be processed, though admittedly the song would have to be more seamless.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#9 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:50 PM

Can the Song be "Cats in the Cradle"?

But seriously. Seems a bit to cerebral. To many steps to keep track of. Most peoples reaction would be like Krusty the Clown after seeing Worker and Parasite. "What the hell was THAT!?"

Now go YouTube worker and parasite.

Plus part of Nintendo's problem is they are stuck in the past. Where are the new IPs? They don't need to glamorize 25 year old franchises. Rehash stuff as always, sure. But don't bank on it.

Edited by Dharmanator, 21 August 2013 - 10:54 PM.

#10 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:32 PM

I think that's some great thinking. Would make a great, easily understood and feel-good vibe while also being perfect for commercial length timing.

#11 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:59 AM

You mean something like this, but with Miis?

This was sent for the Wii U video challenge Nintendo did a while back. They got famous Youtubers to make videos promoting the system, and the winners went to Sundance Film Festival to participate in a 48 hour video challenge.

This one was not chosen

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 22 August 2013 - 04:02 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#12 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:
    Golden Sun and Touhou universe

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:25 AM

Needs no dubstep.

Fixed.
WiiU NNID : Lebon14, Friend invites will be ignored. I must know you first.
Rocketman, your rocketman
Fly with me, to the moon, to the stars my heart
Rocketman, your rocketman
Take you higher
♫ - "Rocketman" by Mega NRG Man (Super Eurobeat 217)

#13 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

how about a advert like this with the last frame having text overlay-ed, "enhanced for the the next-gen, only on WiiU"

#14 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

You mean something like this, but with Miis?

https://m.youtube.co...v-google&tab=w1

This was sent for the Wii U video challenge Nintendo did a while back. They got famous Youtubers to make videos promoting the system, and the winners went to Sundance Film Festival to participate in a 48 hour video challenge.

This one was not chosen

The Link only takes me to the main youtube page...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#15 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:03 PM

The Link only takes me to the main youtube page...

Sorry about that, the link is fixed. There was an update to the Android version of Youtube, and part of it made it impossible to copy the URL of the video.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue

#16 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:21 PM

Sorry about that, the link is fixed. There was an update to the Android version of Youtube, and part of it made it impossible to copy the URL of the video.

Oh...

Why didn't you just comment to it on your computer?

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#17 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

Oh...

Why didn't you just comment to it on your computer?

I'm ususally away from my computer, as I don't have my own. I'm on my phone 99% of the time I'm on this site.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#18 Nintyfan

Nintyfan

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Fandom:
    Many things.

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

'Wii want U to play'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users