#1 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

If the Wonderful 101 sells go south could this break up the relationship Nintendo and Platinum have?

1. Nintendo only shipped 30 thousand copies in Japan... This game should be selling over 500 thousand in japan easy. That is a very bad sign.

2.If TW101 sales dont go anywhere I could see the game going to Xbox One or PS4 as a Directors cut in the future... Unless Nintendo owns the rights. Its not that far fetched. Lets say people who have an Xbox or PS4 want to play TW101 but dont have a Wii U. If this happened many will go get it due to how good Nintendo fans said it was or just in spite of Nintendo losing exclusive rights.

And with the Directors Cut tag that would mean enhanced controls added content and more features. 

3.If Platinum gets mad enough Bayonetta 2 could lose its exclusive rights and be announced at next E3 that it will be multi plat-form

its not to late for this to happen considering that Bayonetta 2 is no where near the release.

Nintendo has to get their 3rd party games to sell better or they wont be getting any support period Splinter Cells community only has 3000 people in it right now and that is a flat out joke considering how beastly good it is. *If you haven't got Blacklist yet do it its amazing*

Gamepad integration automatically upgrades every game and that is why I chose to get all of Ubisofts titles on this console. 

I guess it might really be true that people get Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games but I would love to have my cake and eat it to.

*Rant Over* 

Thoughts?

#2 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

3.If Platinum gets mad enough Bayonetta 2 could lose its exclusive rights and be announced at next E3 that it will be multi plat-form

its not to late for this to happen considering that Bayonetta 2 is no where near the release.

How can it go multiplatform if Nintendo is funding the game?

#3 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

W101 is really a niche game, so I wouldn't expect it to be a system seller or a even a massive seller on it's own (especially with a low install base). 

#4 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

Nintendo could cut funding on Bayonetta 2 if they tried to do that, and we all know Sega won't fund it. I see it as Nintendo being weary that's all.

#5 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:33 PM

I doubt Platinum games will fall out with Nintendo over their game not selling well enough. It would be Platinum's fault any if the game doesn't sell well, releasing it on a system that doesn't have a massive install base. 

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#6 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

I doubt Platinum games will fall out with Nintendo over their game not selling well enough. It would be Platinum's fault any if the game doesn't sell well, releasing it on a system that doesn't have a massive install base. 

not everyone that owns a wiiu may want w101 though ?

#7 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

I would think that a good portion of owners would want it- isn't this part of the reason you buy a system, for it's exclusives?  I would guess that around 10 percent of Wii U owners would buy it.  That would put sales at 360k..... 

#8 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:56 PM

I don't think it will sully relations ships between platinum and ninty.

Even if it doesn't get the best sales I doubt it will ever see release on another console (I'm actually pretty sure ninty own tw101 ip so they just got platinum to dev it for them.... sorta like rare and donkey kong)

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

Have you seen the eshop sales in Japan?
They can always ship more discs if they sell out.
As we all know, withholding stock is a great way to generate more hype.

"oh no it's sold out everywhere! it must be awesome!!"
*buys on eshop*

Edited by Nollog, 22 August 2013 - 03:59 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

Aren't you aware that digital copys sell more than physical? Its been happening all year, and Nintendo is aware of it. Especially the 3DS games.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#11 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

Oh, look, another "rant". 

This is only, like, the fourth one this week.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#12 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:21 PM

i doubt low sales affect the relationship between platinum and ninty; platinum's titles are hardly best sellers, which is sad cause they are great.

Bayonetta 2 wont go multi-plattform for reasons we already (should) know.

As stated before, it could work as a marketing strategy to generate hype/rise the digital downloads. Also a lot of wii u owners are still on the fence because of lolreviews and whatnot.

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#13 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:27 AM

So?

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#14 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

So?

Nintendo is the trademark owner (Intellectual Property for those who are PC) of The Wonderful 101.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#15 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:51 AM

If the Wonderful 101 sells go south could this break up the relationship Nintendo and Platinum have?

1. Nintendo only shipped 30 thousand copies in Japan... This game should be selling over 500 thousand in japan easy. That is a very bad sign.

2.If TW101 sales dont go anywhere I could see the game going to Xbox One or PS4 as a Directors cut in the future... Unless Nintendo owns the rights. Its not that far fetched. Lets say people who have an Xbox or PS4 want to play TW101 but dont have a Wii U. If this happened many will go get it due to how good Nintendo fans said it was or just in spite of Nintendo losing exclusive rights.
And with the Directors Cut tag that would mean enhanced controls added content and more features.

Nintendo has to get their 3rd party games to sell better or they wont be getting any support period Splinter Cells community only has 3000 people in it right now and that is a flat out joke considering how beastly good it is. *If you haven't got Blacklist yet do it its amazing*
Gamepad integration automatically upgrades every game and that is why I chose to get all of Ubisofts titles on this console.

I guess it might really be true that people get Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games but I would love to have my cake and eat it to.

*Rant Over*

Thoughts?

These games are only getting made because Nintendo is publishing them. Bayonetta 2 would be multiplatform but no one was interested in publishing so Nintendo picked it up.

#16 wombateer

wombateer

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • NNID:wombateer
  • Fandom:
    Splinter Cell.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:13 AM

These games are only getting made because Nintendo is publishing them. Bayonetta 2 would be multiplatform but no one was interested in publishing so Nintendo picked it up.

Indeed, Bayonetta 2 would not exist (according to Platinum) if Nintendo had not stepped in, if I recall. So personally I would un-rant and calm down.

If Bayonetta turns out to be mediocre, then what?  

#17 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:33 AM

Nintendo is the trademark owner (Intellectual Property for those who are PC) of The Wonderful 101.

That's not Nintendo's fault if everybody doesn't want TW101.

#18 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:23 AM

First dominoe has fell tw101 selling poorly in japan.

#19 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

First dominoe has fell tw101 selling poorly in japan.

Ha, its impossible to sell well. If japan sold every single copy in the country, theyd have 0.03 million units sold.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#20 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

Ihis game is quirky as all get-out.

It's weird, it's crazy, it bucks any and all gaming trends.

And it ridiculously fun.

And very well crafted.

And offers tight, precise gameplay controls, while appearing to be a wild free for all.

In short, they nailed it with this one.

But it was never going to be a system seller.  Or a gigantic sales buster.

It was going to make a mark.  And it was going to offer gamers tons of fun.

There could be many reasons why Nintendo produced only a certain number of physical media for Japan:

1) Number of consoles installed in the country - then sales projections based on percentage.

2) Create a "cult" following by artificially limiting availability - thus having people craving anything Platinum related - ie: pent up demand for Bayonetta 2... (and yes, I am aware of the demographic differences).

3) An internally identified trend toward digital downloads versus physical media - and in Japan, that would seem the most likely.

With the eShop, why buy discs unless you really want to have the media? That would also address the loading discrepancies seen in games like Splinter Cell (compared to the PS3 which had the game installed on hard drive). 

Lots of possible reasons why Nintendo made this decision. 

We don't know what those reasons are.  

But you can bet they aren't going to shoot themselves in the foot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!