Photo

Do you think that the ps360 could run X without any scalebacks at all?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

I don't know what reso this runs at or what fps but I don't think ps360 could run it at the same world scale, size and graphical quality any higher than a sub 720p upped to 720 and only 30fps.

Of course this is just based on my thoughts of the wii u's power compared to ps360 there's no tech knowledge going on here haha.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#2 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

No, it can't.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#3 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

Depends on what engine it uses and if Xeno is going back to multi. 

#4 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

Dude, we've seen a guy walking and some mechs and some dinosaur monsters. We'll see when we actually know something about the game.

#5 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

A world that you can fly around in without any loading times with that much detail in the models, textures, draw distance, etc. is not possible on the PS360.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#6 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:15 PM

A world that you can fly around in without any loading times with that much detail in the models, textures, draw distance, etc. is not possible on the PS360.

No load times? Even when entering cities?

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

it probably could be.
And it'd have good online too.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

Yes. The only load screen is after the title screen. Everything is smooth and load-free.

The only two games on PS360 that I can think of that are coming close to what this is doing (large world with no loading times) are Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 and Metal Gear Solid 5, both of which are going to be at 720p at 30 FPS. MGS5 was confirmed to look like it did at E3, but at a lower resolution and frame rate, while PS4/X1 will be running it at 1080P at 60FPS, and X looks better than both of those games.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue

#9 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:55 PM

no way to know yet we haven't seen how big the world is yet but from what I've seen I think it could of course with a few tweaks to the engine and of course changing the game to 720p if it's running at 1080p

#10 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

Well what I've seen it certainly looks good but in no way that much superior than a 360 game IMO.

#11 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:53 PM

No.

You never played xenoblade? Its like an enhanced xenoblade, there is no loading, even when entering cities. You can see the entire city from cliffs miles away, jump off the cliff, hundreds of feet down to the water, swim to shore, walk into the city, and look back up at the cliff you were at, no loading screen.

Xenoblade only had loading screens between different areas, each of which were huge.

During the iwata direct, they specifically stated that loading was completely gone, and it was now a completely seamless world.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#12 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

The only way I could see X running on a PS360 is if they lowered the poly count on everything, lowered the texture quality, made the draw distance worse , dumbed down the AI, reduced the lighting effects, added load times at any point they can, and limited how you fly in the mechs. All at upscaled 720p and 30 FPS.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 22 August 2013 - 05:59 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#13 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:59 PM

Nop. GG Microsoft.

#14 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

The only way I could see X running on a PS360 is if they lowered the poly count on everything, lowered the texture quality, made the draw distance worse , dumbed down the AI, reduced the lighting effects, added load times at any point they can, and limited how you fly in the mechs. All at upscaled 720p and 30 FPS.

GTA 5 is all I have to say the game world is huge the graphics are better than X (although I like the art style of X better) you really overestimate the WiiU's power and severely underestimate what last gen systems can do 

edit: also MGS5 that game looks incredible 

Edited by nbond3040, 22 August 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#15 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

GTA 5 is all I have to say the game world is huge the graphics are better than X (although I like the art style of X better) you really overestimate the WiiU's power and severely underestimate what last gen systems can do

GTA5 does not look better than X. The character models in that game don't look that great, and textures look a lot worse than they do in X. The best looking part of that game is the lighting.

MGS 5 does look incredible, and there aren't any load times in that game either, but that is because they are masked behind in-game cutscenes when you call your helicopter to take you from one major location to another, similar to the launch stars in the Mario Galaxy games. In X, you pilot the mech where ever you want it to go in real time.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 23 August 2013 - 11:49 AM.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

GTA 5 is all I have to say the game world is huge the graphics are better than X (although I like the art style of X better) you really overestimate the WiiU's power and severely underestimate what last gen systems can do 

Actual Gta5 looks nowhere near as good as X, its not art style, it just blows it away, in gta, small rocks are just textures on the ground, in x they are polygons. In gta5, a sunglasses display is just a trapezoid with sunglasses drawn on as a texture, in X, walls with intricate details are actually done with polygons instead of normal maps,gta5's character models are horrible, X has more polygons in the main characters unnecessarily detailed boots, gta has a very narrow fov, like all ps360 games, X has a very wide fov and all weve seen of X is beta.

RSG_GTAV_Screenshot_030.jpg

It really doesnt hold up under scrutiny.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 richyque

richyque

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

Bro, the last of us and beyond two souls obliterates x and anything else the Weak U currently has and will have.

#18 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

Bro, the last of us and beyond two souls obliterates x and anything else the Weak U currently has and will have.

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

i'd love to ask why are you on a wiiu page if you think so, but i'll let you do your trolling peacefully and wait for the results.

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#19 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

i'd love to ask why are you on a wiiu page if you think so, but i'll let you do your trolling peacefully and wait for the results.

I'd like to know too. It'd be like going to Ford to get your car serviced and telling everyone in the waiting room how GMC is superior.

In the end all of these endless arguments about how other systems compare doesn't really matter that much, and is kind of offensive because you're basically saying that the decisions I backed with my money were poor decisions. And I know for a fact that they are not.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#20 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

So two games released at the end of a console's life look better than a game that will be released early on in another console's life?

image.png

Edited by Gaymer, 22 August 2013 - 10:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!