30 replies to this topic

#21 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:42 AM

Bad parenting.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#22 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:30 AM

Didn't set phasers to stun.

#23 The Halbird

The Halbird

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Ace Combat,

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:55 AM

I think it's a parental failure on both parts. The kid should not have had access to a gun or GTA. Now I'm not saying kids can't play games or watch shows with guns in and of themselves, but if they are allowed to do so, it should only be allowed if the Game or show isn't going over the top in terms of violence.One of the ememies in the original Spyro the dragon had primitive type of gun, while in one of the Digimon seasons, Bealzomon used guns, yet both where designed for usage by a kid audience via ratings (Not saying older people couldn't enjoy Spyro or Digimon). 

Edited by The Halbird, 26 August 2013 - 08:24 AM.

#24 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:18 AM

horsing rockstar, bastards destroying my children's lives and turning them into horsing monsters.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#25 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

An 8-year-old boy who police say deliberately shot and killed his 87-year-old grandmother will be allowed to live with his parents but must go to counseling, a Louisiana judge ruled on Monday.

The boy, whose name is not released because he is a juvenile, shot his paternal grandmother, Marie Smothers, in the back of the head on Thursday, authorities said.

The 8-year-old lived at Smothers' Slaughter, La., home during the week while his parents were in school, according to East Feliciana Parish District Attorney Samuel D’Aquilla.

Although police are investigating the shooting as a homicide, the boy will not be charged because under Louisiana state law, children under the age of 10 are considered “immune from criminal responsibility,” D'Aquilla said.

Judge William Carmichael ruled that the child would be placed in his parents’ custody because it is a “safe environment,” D’Aquilla said. “I guess they may be able to supervise him better than a 90-year-old,” he added.

D’Aquilla said investigators have found that someone called 911 from Smothers' home a week before the shooting occurred and “said something to the extent that 'someone was shot.'”

He said that voice analysis of that phone call would factor into the ongoing investigation of the murder.

According to a statement by the East Feliciana Parish Sheriff's Office, investigators believe the young boy intentionally shot Smothers, even though the child claimed it was an accident.

The sheriff’s office determined that he had been “playing a video game, 'Grand Theft Auto IV,' a realistic game that … awards points to players for killing people, just minutes before the homicide occurred."

I can only imagine how up in arms politicians will get.

Source: http://usnews.nbcnew...th-parents?lite

Signature_DK.png

#26 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

http://www.examiner....roll-and-racism

'Older Americans revolted against rock n roll claiming it was too black or too risqué. People worried about the music corrupting the youth'

Nice to know the ancient tradition of irrational scape-goating isnt going anywhere.

If they didnt have a witch to hunt they might have to ask hard questions, like, why was an 8 year old playing m-rated games? What other in appropriate material was he exposed too? Why did he have access to a gun and ammunition? Why wasnt he living with his parents?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#27 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

http://www.examiner....roll-and-racism

'Older Americans revolted against rock n roll claiming it was too black or too risqué. People worried about the music corrupting the youth'

Nice to know the ancient tradition of irrational scape-goating isnt going anywhere.

Trends come and go but ignorance never dies.

Signature_DK.png

#28 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

inb4 america is corrupt ban guns

#29 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

I would give that kid ear piercings then put him in a closet then put ropes through his ears and nail the rooms to the ceiling then close the closet door and lock it and leave him there for 24 hours with just a juice box. >: D

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#30 stardust

stardust

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

why is there two topics about the same subject here?

http://thewiiu.com/t...playing-gta-iv/

#31 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

Its a sad story, but the kid obviously has deeper issues, and why is an 8 year old playing gta? Over here you have to be over 15 to buy gta 4 and gta 5 is now 18.

Edited by cannonshane, 27 August 2013 - 06:48 PM.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!