• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#21 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:08 PM

Not expecting much. They probably delayed it due to making games or business stuff that took too long. Chances are it will probably be just faster load times and minor bug fixes.

#22 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:25 PM

I hope they add a whole lot of the stuff that the Xbox One and PS4 UIs will have at launch.

I also want things like the friend list added to the home menu, and making Miiverse accessible in a kind of preview on the home menu, too.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#23 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:
    Golden Sun and Touhou universe

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:45 PM

Don't forget that there's still NID and Miiverse to come to the 3DS still. I wonder when we'll have those. Otherwise, more OS speed will be welcome. It's still pretty slow but much better than before the spring update. That's all I ask really. Oh and, games.
WiiU NNID : Lebon14, Friend invites will be ignored. I must know you first.
Rocketman, your rocketman
Fly with me, to the moon, to the stars my heart
Rocketman, your rocketman
Take you higher
♫ - "Rocketman" by Mega NRG Man (Super Eurobeat 217)

#24 wombateer

wombateer

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • NNID:wombateer
  • Fandom:
    Splinter Cell.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:16 AM

More speed, more apps, more features.

#25 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:29 AM

I'm surprised people expect so much from this.

Personally I expect the os to sped up 

and have the use of folders implemented.

I'd be shocked to see them change the design of the os or add achievements

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#26 The Halbird

The Halbird

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Ace Combat,

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:54 AM

Things I'd want most in an update:

Statistics folder, achievements, or perhaps another ambassador program.

Truth is, I really don't care, but it would be nice.

#27 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:55 AM

I want folders

This. All I want!

Btw guys. Not sure if this is a (dumb)question for this topic but:

Is it possible Nintendo could update Wii mode and let the Wii games render at 720p/1080p in a way?

Or is it just not possible because of the hardware, etc?

Edited by namkotje, 26 August 2013 - 03:55 AM.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#28 Bowser Jr

Bowser Jr

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, and Sonic

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:17 AM

I expect faster loading times, and dlc for Pikmin 3 and any other Wii U games we have. 

Edited by Bowser Jr, 26 August 2013 - 04:17 AM.

#29 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:37 AM

I hope we get achievements. But I'm not expecting it. 

All I expect is a faster OS.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#30 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:52 AM

I'm surprised people expect so much from this.

Personally I expect the os to sped up 
and have the use of folders implemented.

I'd be shocked to see them change the design of the os or add achievements

Yeah, it won't happen and there's also nothing wrong with the design of their os, it's a hell of a lot better than anything i've seen being suggested by anyone on the internet ever.
The console already has achievements, and a place for you to post about it to everyone else who owns the console, miiverse.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#31 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:05 AM

Nollog, on 26 Aug 2013 - 2:52 PM, said:

Yeah, it won't happen and there's also nothing wrong with the design of their os, it's a hell of a lot better than anything i've seen being suggested by anyone on the internet ever.
The console already has achievements, and a place for you to post about it to everyone else who owns the console, miiverse.

I think what everyone really wants is a unified achivement system, which is defenitely not what we have right now.

Sharing accomplishments on Miiverse is fun and all, but a unfied system, ala Trophies/Achivements, would be much welcome in the community.

Even the StreetPass Plaza on 3DS has achievements, but what's the point if it's only that game and you can't share it with anyone?

Edited by Arkhandar, 26 August 2013 - 05:26 PM.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#32 Nintyfan

Nintyfan

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Fandom:
    Many things.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

Allow cross buying games from 3DS or Wii U meaning both the eShops will be unified into one, an account based system for games instead of it being saved onto the system, a more streamline and modern UI, better OS (make use of that 1GB RAM Nintendo), being able to cross party chat with friends and invite them to play online multiplayer games (they can call it Group Chat or Mii Chat or whatever),being able to add wallpaper in the home menu (parallax effect would work great with the Gamepad), better notification system when a friend is online, folders, Gamecube games added to the Wii U eShop, universal system achievement/trophy system, better eShop design/layout (too dull and not very appealing).

Edited by Nintyfan, 26 August 2013 - 09:36 AM.

#33 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

I don't know for sure, but here's my wishlist:
Improve the account and eShop so I can transfer my purchases to a different console if needed. And all of my Wii Shop games, too.

Develop emulators for older consoles (including Gamecube) so that their entire collection is available through the eShop. Once they build the emulator they just have to test the game and patch if bugs are found. I think it shouldn't take this long to get each game individually ported.

Allow game "sharing" so I can visit my friend's house and download/play my game on his system

Make it easier to share game saves, so I can bring my game disk to a friends house and continue where I left off.

Make Wii Mode games directly accessible from the main menu so I can skip having to boot into Wii mode.

Maybe also allow Wii Mode to have it's own default resolution, or improve Hdmi communication so that I don't get crap if I go to Wii Mode without stiing my system to 480p first

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#34 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

I know I shouldn't expect more than a speed boost, but I kinda do... Think about it. Why would they need to delay the update if not to add more stuff? I highly doubt it's taken them that long to boost the speed.

Either way, only time will tell, so... Yeah.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#35 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

What was the reason again it got delayed? They can alteast give us more features. :P

Anyone knows if this is possible btw?

Is it possible Nintendo could update Wii mode and let the Wii games render at 720p/1080p in a way?

Edited by namkotje, 26 August 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#36 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:55 PM

Faster load times in games. Waiting for a door to open in Zombi U was annoying as hell.

Signature_DK.png

#37 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

[UPDATE] - Moved requests to the first post. It will be updated as more requests come in. Thank you  :)

Well, I wouldn't say it's impossible.. but to do so would require Nintendo to develop a variant of an emulator and it would also require Wii code to go through Wii U Mode, which is exactly what Nintendo wants to avoid. Doing so, it would open a huge gate for homebrew developement in Wii U Mode which unfortunately leads to piracy.

So no, it's not technacly impossible but I doubt Nintendo would develop such a feature, which is a shame really. But hey, at least we know it's not Nintendo's fault.. so we have that :)

Edited by Arkhandar, 27 August 2013 - 04:57 PM.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#38 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:47 PM

So I've been around many forums and have seen a lot about this in the Miiverse.. and I think I finally managed to get everyone's (realistic) wishlist in one place only. So here goes:

Now that I look at it, we should probably post this on the Miiverse X)

What do you guys think? It will be fun to see which of these gets fixed in the upcoming update. :D

Well, I wouldn't say it's impossible.. but to do so would require Nintendo to develop a variant of an emulator and it would also require Wii code to go through Wii U Mode, which is exactly what Nintendo wants to avoid. Doing so, it would open a huge gate for homebrew developement in Wii U Mode which unfortunately leads to piracy.

So no, it's not technacly impossible but I doubt Nintendo would develop such a feature, which is a shame really. But hey, at least we know it's not Nintendo's fault.. so we have that :)

I think that covers it. I don't agree that all are necessary, but all the changes I want are listed.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#39 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:34 AM

Thanks for the awnser! To bad, could have been such great feature. :P

#40 Uldkraemmeren

Uldkraemmeren

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:18 AM

The only thing I really need is an update so the disc does not spin constantly regardless of being in use or not. As a side bonus I would like the option to install games on the USB memory to cut down loading times.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U, Summer, Update, Fall, System update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!