#1 Nintyfan

Nintyfan

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Fandom:
    Many things.

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

Saints Row IV, Splinter Cell Blacklist and Disney Infinity dominated the top three positions. Disney Infinity on the the Wii sold at 21% of sales, Wii U at 10% and 3DS at 4%. Although it should be noted that The Wonderful 101's 22nd place is that it didn't include sales directly on the Wii U eShop, which did include a 30% off promotion for those that also purchased Pikmin 3.

What a bummer. :(

Source: http://www.nintendol...l_format_charts

Edited by Nintyfan, 27 August 2013 - 09:54 AM.

#2 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

This was to be expected.

#3 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

That was expected anyway. Stil sad, since it's a great game imo.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#4 Zombies8MyDuck

Zombies8MyDuck

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Zombies8MyDuck
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

People in UK don't like super hero things as much as like America do, so I guess this was predictable.

#5 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

4ct6X.png

http://nintendoeverything.com/page/3/

The Smurfs 2 outsold The Wonderful 101. Please excuse me while I question the mentality of the people who bought Smurfs 2.

Edited by Firejonie, 27 August 2013 - 01:07 PM.

#6 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

A system that lacks a lot of hit titles is bound to have trouble breaking the charts initially.

Signature_DK.png

#7 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:19 PM

A system that lacks a lot of hit titles is bound to have trouble breaking the charts initially.

everyone was saying that W101 was the game that will save the WiiU !

not surprised, i think most have given up, also many shops in the UK don't stock WiiU games anymore so it will never get the attention from the casual buyer, if you want to buy a game for your WiiU you have to go & look for it.

#8 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

not surprised, i think most have given up, also many shops in the UK don't stock WiiU games anymore so it will never get the attention from the casual buyer, if you want to buy a game for your WiiU you have to go & look for it.

It takes multiple heavy hitters to sell a console and it's a shame W101 didn't break the mold.

Signature_DK.png

#9 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:34 PM

Let just hope more people will buy TW101 once they got their WiiU for Zelda/Donkey Kong or Mario 3DWorld.

TW101 wasn't just a system seller. Still I feel bad about it.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#10 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

As predicted and well the demo didn't really empress me.

#11 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

People in UK don't like super hero things as much as like America do, so I guess this was predictable.

That's just rubbish and not true. That said its a niche market game and this was to be expected. It was never going to be a top seller as it doesn't reach a wide enough audience.

#12 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

Bummer, I expected it but Platinum did what they can after that trailer. Like 30% of non Wii U owners were blown away by that trailer.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

I'm sorry but the first scene he showed had me in tears from the laughter.  I was not expecting that at all.

Now I continue to watch.

#15 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:48 AM

No one was saying that at all. Anyone with any sense knew it was a niche title that would sell alright but nothing major.

Also I went in 2 Game stores on the weekend and both had plenty of copies of it, as did HMV.

#16 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:50 AM

I knew it wouldnt sell but i stand behind my statements

#17 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:52 AM

To be fair there were quite a number of different major releases that would have over shadowed Wonderful 101. Not to mention that just about everyone judges a game purely on the IGN score, 7.4 isn't necessarily a bad score but I wouldn't look twice had I not seen the W101 Nintendo direct trailer. Still these sales figures don't really surprise me.

To be fair there were quite a number of different major releases that would have over shadowed Wonderful 101. Not to mention that just about everyone judges a game purely on the IGN score, 7.4 isn't necessarily a bad score but I wouldn't look twice had I not seen the W101 Nintendo direct trailer. Still these sales figures don't really surprise me.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:18 AM

Yeah, this is a repeating pattern for ign. Its quite literally the return of God Hand.

IGN simply doesnt have the skill required to accurately assess platinum/clover hardcore action games like this. Its painfully obvious just by watching vids of them playing.

They got blasted up and down out of the water and into orbit for their godhand review.

They eventually figured out they were morons who just couldnt play the game while reviewing it, and since have included god hand on every top ps2 games list.... But they never changed the score. Making god hand the only 3/10 scored game in their top 20's list.

IGN literally played a heavy role in the destruction of clover.

Theyve learned that they suck enough to never do something as stupid as the god hand review again, but not enough to admit that they just dont have the necessary skill to properly review these kinds of games.

saurlns0n.gif

Such horrible broken unreliable controls.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

Yeah, this is a repeating pattern for ign. Its quite literally the return of God Hand.

IGN simply doesnt have the skill required to accurately assess platinum/clover hardcore action games like this. Its painfully obvious just by watching vids of them playing.

They got blasted up and down out of the water and into orbit for their godhand review.

They eventually figured out they were morons who just couldnt play the game while reviewing it, and since have included god hand on every top ps2 games list.... But they never changed the score. Making god hand the only 3/10 scored game in their top 20's list.

IGN literally played a heavy role in the destruction of clover.

Theyve learned that they suck enough to never do something as stupid as the god hand review again, but not enough to admit that they just dont have the necessary skill to properly review these kinds of games.

http:///img/saurlns0n.gif

Such horrible broken unreliable controls.

I will openly admit to be awful at games, but am still shocked at how bad the IGN people are. I saw them play W101 and basically just dying several times and seemingly having no idea what they are doing.

How can you review games if you can't play them?

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

I will openly admit to be awful at games, but am still shocked at how bad the IGN people are. I saw them play W101 and basically just dying several times and seemingly having no idea what they are doing.

How can you review games if you can't play them?

You cant. You just cant.

I guess now that the boards got a band aid I can fix the gif...

saurlns0n.gif

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!