Photo

Batman Arkham Origins Wii U version - Still worth buying?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Batman Arkham Origins Wii U version - Still worth buying? (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Batman on Wii U?

1. I'll still get it on Wii U (17 votes [77.27%])

Percentage of vote: 77.27%

2. Is it wrong that I want it for my PS3? (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Is it wrong that I want it for my 360? (3 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

4. is it wrong that I want it for my PC? (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

Are you still willing to buy the Wii U version of Origins even though its missing saaaaaaay.......40% of content that's already on the 360 and PS3 version? It looks very gimped compared to the other versions as of now. I'm getting it on my PS3 to complete my trilogy collection of Batman......The collector's edition doesn't look that half bad either. Sooooo yeah I'll get it on my Ps3 instead.

1.png

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

Its freaking Batman Arkham of course its worth it id pay 100 dollars for these games they are amazing

#3 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:18 PM

Nope.

#4 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

I think so. We could hope that they would patch it in later as dlc as they did with injustice. Hey we're always complaining about getting games. Not exactly what we imagined, but hey they answered our calls lol.

#5 GreenPenInk

GreenPenInk

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:33 PM

Can you post a link for me to the details of what we're missing? (anyone)

Edited by GreenPenInk, 27 August 2013 - 09:34 PM.

zeldasig.jpg

#6 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:43 PM

YES. 

plus my 7 year old PS3 just experienced the YLOD thing.

Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#7 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:14 PM

I believe I've made my thoughts about this game quite clear...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#8 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:50 AM

40% of the game missing? Have they stripped out the whole middle now then?

A crappy online mode is missing and the single player will be the focus for most. Ill be buying it since the Wii U features are more interesting than tacked on online.

#9 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:18 AM

40% of the game missing? Have they stripped out the whole middle now then?

A crappy online mode is missing and the single player will be the focus for most. Ill be buying it since the Wii U features are more interesting than tacked on online.

And you'll knowingly rip yourself off and support the downtrodding of other Wii U owners :(

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#10 Aplg8

Aplg8

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:02 AM

Are you still willing to buy the Wii U version of Origins even though its missing saaaaaaay.......40% of content that's already on the 360 and PS3 version? It looks very gimped compared to the other versions as of now. I'm getting it on my PS3 to complete my trilogy collection of Batman......The collector's edition doesn't look that half bad either. Sooooo yeah I'll get it on my Ps3 instead.
img]

40% of the game? People are delusional. I will get it for the wii u at some point and not on my 360. Arkham City wasn't that great as it felt more like a treasure hunt than the first one and the button mashing session were so redundantly painful I had to stop. On any system this isn't a first day buy for me.......and I'm not going to sit and cry about what the wii u game doesn't have. I respect the people's choice not to buy for that reason, I just don't want to hear you cry about it. If you don't buy the game then you have done your part and simply shut up.

Edited by Aplg8, 28 August 2013 - 04:05 AM.

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:15 AM

No, I'll get it on steam after I play the other two that I already own and haven't played yet.
I was going to get it for wii u and play the other two before, but now I have an excuse to save money and put off playing them more.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:39 AM

And you'll knowingly rip yourself off and support the downtrodding of other Wii U owners :(

Lol I would never play the online version even if it was there. I will be using the Wii U gamepad though, so for my money I will be getting more game.

And since I want more single player Batman on Wii U at some point yeah I will support this, because my opinion was already that games like this were having online tacked on needlessly.

#13 Nintyfan

Nintyfan

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Fandom:
    Many things.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

This game doesn't even need online, it is solely a single player experience. The servers aren't going to be even populated enough so that's the reason why they chose not to add online multiplayer to the Wii U version.

Edited by Nintyfan, 28 August 2013 - 07:00 AM.

#14 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:57 AM

This game doesn't even need online, it is solely a single player experience. The servers aren't going to be even populated enough so that's the reason why they chose not to add online multiplayer to the Wii U version.

Yeah exactly, online is pointless in games like this. Like I said before, if you really want the online and you're going to miss out then you have a right to be upset.

Otherwise you're just being a whiner that you're not being treated equally.

#15 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

I will get it on wii-u once they add the multiplayer, but october is so stacked with games, i dont need arkham day one.

#16 McMurphy

McMurphy

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • NNID:McMurphy
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Dragon Quest

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:07 AM

Personally, I am passing on it. I am not particularly interested in supporting ports that lack key features, such as multiplayer, simply because the company didn't wish to develop it for the Wii U.

gunslinger_nintendowiiu_banner2.png

#17 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

It's definitely worth it now. A lot of people have been say this, "if we don't get the full game like everyone else, at least make it cheaper." It was just confirmed till be $50.

#18 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:21 AM

Price and lack of online made no difference to me anyway.

My concern is the lack of Wii U footage and info. I'll be purchasing a few days after release so I can get confirmation that the frame rate runs well.

In fact ONM podcast were complaining this month that they won't be seeing the Wii U version until after release.

To me that's enough to cause concern, and I want to ensure the version is buy runs acceptably.

#19 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:53 AM

Do you know what's annoying? here in the UK the Wii U version of the game actually costs £8 more on amazon. I'll still get it regardless, but the cheaper price better actually be a real thing in the UK.

Bring the noise.

#20 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

i wouldn't buy this for my WiiU because of the multiplayer, all the WiiU games are dead online, i'll get this for my X360.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!