Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:02 AM

http://playeressence...nt-or-next-gen/

Well that's interesting, I guess we'll see something similar with watchdogs as well then.

I'm sorta disappointed that the current gen multiplat titles will be lacking slightly for wii u.

I'm glad that the wii u version of watch dogs will be better than ps3 though as I don't intendo on getting a ps4 or xb1 by the time watchdogs is out but I do already have a wii u

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#2 Nintyfan

Nintyfan

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Fandom:
    Many things.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:06 AM

I think he's just saying it's not being made as a PS/360 port and it's being made as an Xbox One/PS4 port and is just being handled on its own, because it has to be. Not that it isn't either generation. However, I do agree with that concept, even if that's not what he meant.

It IS the next generation Nintendo system, and is existing with the upcoming PS4 and Xbox One, but it's more or less an in-between gen console in terms of power and graphics but very next gen in terms of what it can do and how it's designed, with lots of last gen games on it. It's a weird thing.

Edited by Nintyfan, 28 August 2013 - 07:17 AM.

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:19 AM

absolutely best case scenario. Surprised and pleased

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:23 AM

I could be looking into this too much but I don't care. I'm looking. For the quote but there was a developer about a month ago that said WiiU architecture is different from ps360 and xb1ps4. There could be something too this but in reality the WiiU is a middle of the class console power wise. Can't put it with ps360 it more powerful yet it's not as powerful as ps4xb1. But I know for a fact Wii U has enough power and features to run any modern engine.... Maybe Crytek knows that better than anyone.

Edited by GAMER1984, 28 August 2013 - 07:25 AM.

#5 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:06 AM

It's a bridge to next gen I kinda always saw it that way. It can do more than a ps3 but not as much as a ps4.

#6 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

Think of it like this: PS360 will be at Low Settings, Wii U will be at Medium, and PS4/Xbox 1 will be at High.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#7 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:55 PM

Think of it like this: PS360 will be at Low Settings, Wii U will be at Medium, and PS4/Xbox 1 will be at High.

Not necessarily.

The Wii Us strengths play out differently.

For example, the texture resolution on Wii u will be just as good as ps4.

Geometry should be there too.

But Wii u will have to load more. And there can be more scripted ai activity at once on ps4 IF the developers really push that.

I think what is being referred to is the fact that the Wii u will be using its own engine. Not the x86 engine for pc and optimized for ps4/x1. Not the old clock cycle dependent engines on ps3/360. But a version of the engine meant to utilize the Wii u like it should.

This automatically means, it won't be a ps4 game. And it won't be a 360 game either.

But time will reveal what was meant by this. Looking forward to it.

If Nintendo can make the Wii u graphics look insane (do, mk8, 3d world, etc.), then third parties with giant dev teams can do even more with a dedicated Wii u engine designed to actually utilize the hardware's unique next gen design.

It's still treyarch though...
So ... ???

The blops2 port on U was visually slightly sharper than old gen consoles, but frame rate wasn't as good in areas. This was due to the fact that they ran old school code on the new design.

Either they still suck at porting to Wii u (highly unlikely), or they've been hard at work for the last year utilizing the Nintendo dev tools and are utilizing all cores of the CPU properly and opening the throttle some more on the gpu.

Ghosts looks pretty impressive from the pc footage. Hopefully, they really go for it with the Wii u version and EARN sales.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 28 August 2013 - 09:08 PM.

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:27 AM

Not necessarily.

But Wii u will have to load more. And there can be more scripted ai activity at once on ps4 IF the developers really push that.

I think what is being referred to is the fact that the Wii u will be using its own engine. Not the x86 engine for pc and optimized for ps4/x1. Not the old clock cycle dependent engines on ps3/360. But a version of the engine meant to utilize the Wii u like it should.

This automatically means, it won't be a ps4 game. And it won't be a 360 game either.

If Nintendo can make the Wii u graphics look insane (do, mk8, 3d world, etc.), then third parties with giant dev teams can do even more with a dedicated Wii u engine designed to actually utilize the hardware's unique next gen design.

So ... ???

The blops2 port on U was visually slightly sharper than old gen consoles, but frame rate wasn't as good in areas. This was due to the fact that they ran old school code on the new design.

Either they still suck at porting to Wii u (highly unlikely), or they've been hard at work for the last year utilizing the Nintendo dev tools and are utilizing all cores of the CPU properly and opening the throttle some more on the gpu.

Ghosts looks pretty impressive from the pc footage. Hopefully, they really go for it with the Wii u version and EARN sales.

Maybe for this title, as even on ps4 iw has admitted it wont look that much better than ps360....

But ps4 has so much more ram, and a more powerful gpu, it can easily outclass wii u texture res without breaking a sweat, similarly, ps4 can outclass wii u in geometry by around a 4x ballpark, just looking at flop throughput. So we cant really expect wii u to match ps4 in those areas. But If wii u leverages its power in a smart game design, like say an enclosed area (metroid, chronicles of riddick, doom etc), or a 'trick'/'fake' open area (think the last of us) it can make up a lot of that ground thanks to it actually being a good deal more capable than ps360 and diminishing returns.

What this seems to be saying, is that treyarch is not making a wii u port, unless they are lying, they are stating they are making an original ground up of version for wii u, instead of porting from a vastly different architecture with ps360, or downscaling and porting from ps4/xbone/pc.

If this is legit, and treyarch is really dedicating a real team to do this, its the absolute best case scenario, for both performance and graphics. Now its all up to whether its a good cod entry or not.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 kokkeman

kokkeman

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:59 AM

Lets hope 3arc take this serious and personal and suprise the world with a jawdropping Wii U version of Ghosts.

#10 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

From what iv'e seen of Ghosts on Xbone it don't look that sharp on the graphics front. Even the much hyped Titanfall has low specs needed to run on pc.  Pretty sure Ghosts will look just as good on WiiU as it's not a big leap over the old 360 version.

Watchdogs with all it's Ai should be very good on WiiU compared with PS360 versions and not far behind the Xbone.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#11 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:36 AM

From what iv'e seen of Ghosts on Xbone it don't look that sharp on the graphics front. Even the much hyped Titanfall has low specs needed to run on pc.  Pretty sure Ghosts will look just as good on WiiU as it's not a big leap over the old 360 version.
Watchdogs with all it's Ai should be very good on WiiU compared with PS360 versions and not far behind the Xbone.

Having played Call Of Duty Ghosts on the Xbox One I wasn't that impressed with it from a graphical stand point. It really didn't look that much better then similar games on the PS3 and Xbox 360.

#12 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:08 AM

Not necessarily.

So ... ???

The only time I ever had frame rate issues was during some of those later cutscenes where you hang around with wheel chair bound Mason around a graveyard, of course i updated as soon as i got it. The WiiU had a clear lead in visuals against the PS3/360 version, I do hope they have a good time handling the port.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#13 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:59 AM

Well, it seems like the best case scenario. Let's hope it is!

Bring the noise.

#14 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:30 AM

lol

so the WiiU is seven & a half generation then ?

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:46 AM

lol

so the WiiU is seven & a half generation then ?

Generations are a measure of time and numerical succession, and not 'power levels' so its impossible to have a 7.5 gen system.

But halfway between ps360 and xbone/ps4 would seem to be a fairly apt description of wii u's horsepower.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:29 AM

Generations are a measure of time and numerical succession, and not 'power levels' so its impossible to have a 7.5 gen system.

But halfway between ps360 and xbone/ps4 would seem to be a fairly apt description of wii u's horsepower.

well i dunno :unsure:

#17 The Halbird

The Halbird

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Ace Combat,

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:08 AM

I'm pretty sure that Infinity Ward would say that my Gaming PC is not next gen, even if I where to add a $300 graphics card to it. But that's aside the point. 

If you want my honest opinion, if games get too much more graphically powerful, then I may have to quit buying new games since I've noticed that some of the more graphically intense games strain my eyes. So even if what Infinity ward says is true, I'm not going to whine over the fact.

#18 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:27 AM

I'm pretty sure that Infinity Ward would say that my Gaming PC is not next gen, even if I where to add a $300 graphics card to it. But that's aside the point. 

If you want my honest opinion, if games get too much more graphically powerful, then I may have to quit buying new games since I've noticed that some of the more graphically intense games strain my eyes. So even if what Infinity ward says is true, I'm not going to whine over the fact.

I don't think games can look much better.

I mean, look at The Last Of Us on the PS3. That game actually looks better than any next generation games so far (apart from resolution and fps), if they could do that on the PS3, then they could easily do what the PS4 and One are doing on the Wii U.

Right? 

Right???

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#19 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

I'm hoping it will have a happy medium, better than current gen, not as good as PS4, because no-matter what you have to agree Wii U will NEVER look as good as a PS4 game at maximum performance on each console.

#20 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

Betting that has part to do with frame and res, people just arnt used to it, i never noticed sube 20 fps till i started high end pc, but it still takes single didgets to take me out of a game.

I did play cod tdm on my pc and died a bunch because the enemy team was us, saw that and didnt shoot at first because of it. Its all a matter of getting used to it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!