Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:23 AM

http://mynintendonew...ll-5000-copies/

This is terrible, this is going to ruin Platinum and Nintendo's relationship. Pray that NA sells this game.

2lvmghw.png

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:30 AM

there is already an active topic on this.

Or not, it was just this one repeated....? My bad. These boards wigging out for anyone else?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:52 AM

I think Platinum knew that it would fail, but not THAT BAD. THis is worse than the Yakuza 1+2 HD sales right?
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:56 AM

I think Platinum knew that it would fail, but not THAT BAD. THis is worse than the Yakuza 1+2 HD sales right?

Its the second coming of God Hand.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:08 AM

Why would this impact anything between Nintendo and Platinum? Their game must just be rainbow, nobody to blame for that.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

Like I said in the other W101 thread, the Japanese game charts don't include download sales, only retail sales. 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#7 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

The game sucks and people realized it. B2 will save us.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#8 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:22 AM

Wait 2 weeks after launch and pick this little gem out of the bargain bin for ten bucks :P

Playstation and Xbox users may get free and discounted games every month..... But Wii U owners get the entire consoles game catalog prices slashed since launch  B)

#9 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:26 AM

The game sucks and people realized it.

B2 will save us.

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:26 AM

[quote]
Wait 2 weeks after launch and pick this little gem out of the bargain bin for ten bucks

Playstation and Xbox users may get free and discounted games every month..... But Wii U owners get the entire consoles game catalog prices slashed since launch [/quote

This game is going to quickly dissapear, and after its tiny run is sold out/bargain binned out, its going to be the next rare, impossible to find Nintendo game selling for 90+ bucks.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:28 AM

[quote name="3Dude" post="242206" timestamp="1377707219"]

[quote]
This game is going to quickly dissapear, and after its tiny run is sold out/bargain binned out, its going to be the next rare, impossible to find Nintendo game selling for 90+ bucks.[/quote]But the game also has a digital copy, so paying over $60 for it is ridiculous.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 28 August 2013 - 08:28 AM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#12 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

But the game also has a digital copy, so paying over $60 for it is ridiculous.

Collectors dont collect digital copies.

Godhand is available on psn now, but still sells for 60+ bucks on average (open, but like new).

And for a sealed new copy, can get 140+
http://www.ebay.com/...=item1e71fc4d24

And... You can buy it on psn right now.

Demands actually increased since it became available on psn. The prices are getting higher as more people find out its actually amazing.

http://www.ebay.ca/i...D-/290918868669

IGN gave the game a 30 out of 100

http://www.ign.com/a...d-review?page=2

Because they sucked so bad at games that required a challenge, and were conditioned by revel in the beautiful sunshine easy games that made them feel awesome, while they really sucked, that they just had no clue how to play the game.

Sound familiar?

IGN's review lead the moron charge in damning this game, and the destruction of clover, 3 days after the IGN review.

Some people, got the game anyways, and found out gmze jirneoists are actually to crappy at playing hard games to review them with any measure of competence. Videos spread online like wildfire showing all the amazing things people could do in the game if they had skills.

God Hand became a highly praised cult classic, highly rated by users, and ign was mocked for their incompetence...
http://www.ebay.com/...-2006-/53330903

IGN was forced to conceed, that they indeed sucked giant hairy donkey balls at playing games, and were just too incompetent to properly review god hand, and put it in their top 100 ps2 games of all time.

http://www.ign.com/top/ps2-games/100

A valuable reminder to everyone that just because you think you are good at games, doesnt mean you are. Its probably just most modern games have no challenge and require no skill to enjoy, so that when you cme across a game thats actually hard, and your first reaction is to say the game sucks because you arent awesome at it. Look to God hand and make sure its the game, and not just you that sucks....

But.... Time passes, and people forget. And now its happening again.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#13 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

Cant wait to play i think the game is awesome

#14 stevenk

stevenk

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • NNID:stevenke1
  • Fandom:
    pokemon cod mario zelda metroid

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

no way i thought it would sell good in japan

#15 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:00 PM

So, people keep whinning that wii u has no games, yet they dont buy new games that come out? Go figure!

I just read the thread about that on neogaf and it gave me cancer and other diseases, though i admit the poor marketing had a lot to do on this, along with platinum's curse on sales and the fact that the idea of the game is not your traditional fps/action game.

maybe it might do better on this side of the world if the possitive comments on forums and other sites are an indicator (just ignore the little trolls that often come here for example) and Nintendo get their carp crap together and market the carp crap out of it.

Not sure if this will affect the relationship between p* and Ninty, but it sure is a stain on their record.

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#16 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:26 AM

So, people keep whinning that wii u has no games, yet they dont buy new games that come out? Go figure!

I just read the thread about that on neogaf and it gave me cancer and other diseases, though i admit the poor marketing had a lot to do on this, along with platinum's curse on sales and the fact that the idea of the game is not your traditional fps/action game.

maybe it might do better on this side of the world if the possitive comments on forums and other sites are an indicator (just ignore the little trolls that often come here for example) and Nintendo get their carp crap together and market the carp crap out of it.

Not sure if this will affect the relationship between p* and Ninty, but it sure is a stain on their record.

Kind of off-topic but is your sig a Wii U screenshot? Cause Bowser looks pretty damn good, especially his skin.

Also yeah, one of the highest anticipated games of the wii U... and people don't buy it :/ 

No sig.

#17 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:41 AM

I think quite a lot of people were put off by the IGN review,as i have said before 7.4 isn't necessarily a bad score but it would probably had me turn a blind eye to the game had i not seen the spectacular W101 Direct.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:01 AM

Kind of off-topic but is your sig a Wii U screenshot? Cause Bowser looks pretty damn good, especially his skin.

Also yeah, one of the highest anticipated games of the wii U... and people don't buy it :/

Thats a screen shot of bowser from smash wii u, with bayonetta foot shopped in. You can see the actual original screen on smash bros dojo.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:27 AM

What 3Dude said :3

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#20 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

Didn't they offer a digital discount for people who got Pikmin 3?

People keep throwing these sales numbers around, yet seem to forget how big digital sales are becoming.

VGChartz, for example, still has Wii U software sales about 3 million units below the official March numbers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!