Photo

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze box art revealed!

donkey kong box art diddy kong dixie kong HYPE

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

totes duh man but I was hopgn 5 pepsiman

tumblr_m72l4sqamd1rucppno1_400.jpglet's stop before the thread derails

PEPSIMAN

The Choice of a Next Generation

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#42 ugguy

ugguy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • NNID:uglyguy

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

Looking at the Kong's fur it's such a shame that we may never see Kemlings or even King K Rool with scaly HD skin...

#43 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

Looking at the Kong's fur it's such a shame that we may never see Kemlings or even King K Rool with scaly HD skin...

It's either that... or Micro$oft are holding the KREMLINGS for ransom?!  Nah...

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#44 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

Still don't see whay people are making something of the fur... Not that impressive to me... Maybe I have to see game in motion on my TV

#45 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

Still don't see whay people are making something of the fur... Not that impressive to me... Maybe I have to see game in motion on my TV

It's impressive because DK has never had fur before, he's only ever had a jagged brown layer which was supposed to be his fur. 

Edited by Hunter, 08 September 2013 - 11:34 PM.

#46 Klobb

Klobb

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi and Durant

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

Funny how the boxart doesn't have all four playable characters. :/ Whoever the fourth one is anyway.

If you think Smogon ban stuff

"Just because they can't beat it"

You clearly don't play OU

You clearly have no knowledge of the metagame

And you clearly don't deserve to have an opinion.

#47 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:15 AM

It's impressive because DK has never had fur before, he's only ever had a jagged brown layer which was supposed to be his fur. 

oh thats why? i think if they are going to go with realistic fur they should have made the character models more realistic as well.

#48 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

donkey-kong-jungle-beat-2005011204371614

donkey-kong-jungle-beat-playtest-2004121

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#49 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:17 AM

donkey-kong-jungle-beat-2005011204371614

donkey-kong-jungle-beat-playtest-2004121

I never played jungle beat so I never knew what it looked like, I didn't know they gave him real fur. This is interesting since Iwata said because it was HD they could give DK fur. I guess he was talking SD fur to HD fur.

Anyway, HD fur looks waaay better obviously.

#50 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

I never played jungle beat so I never knew what it looked like, I didn't know they gave him real fur. This is interesting since Iwata said because it was HD they could give DK fur. I guess he was talking SD fur to HD fur.

Anyway, HD fur looks waaay better obviously.

Im pretty sure they are just mimicking the marketing bs about resolution that has brainwashed the ps/xbox generation with nonsensical bs in order to appeal to them.

It doesnt make sense because they dont believe it/know they are spouting bs.

'Fur' has nothing to do with 'hd' or what resolution the image is rendered at.

Its just polygons and a semi transparent texture. Has nothing to do whatsoever with the resolution of the graphics.

You make a cone like shape out of polygons around the object you wish to be 'furry' You then draw hairs for the texture, and have the untextured parts of the cone be completely transparant. Ends up looking like a cone or 'shell' by itself. Copy it and Cover the entirety of the object and it quickly starts to resemble fur. You have hair fit for a real time environment. The method has seen several variations, stacked horizantally its called 'shell' fur (jungle beat, sf adventures, realistic okami model, sotc), vertically its 'fins' (mario galaxy fur), but they all sprout from the same concept; and a mixture of techniques looks quite nice.

www.catalinzima.com/tutorials/fur-rendering/

Before the nonsensical magic of the power 'hd' the girnolis and marketing departments started saying made everything possible, it was erroneously referred to as 'fur shading' by gamz gernolizt despite just being polygons and textures and having nothing to do with shaders. It was the big buzzword back then. 'shaders'

At first devs attempted to educate.... But gamers insisted on believing in magic . So....

When it comes time to pitch your product 'shell texturing' just doesnt have that buzzword magic. It will be ignored if its straight forward and honest.

forum.unity3d.com/threads/184856-furFX-Physics-based-Fur-Shaders

So embrace the nonsense!!!

Now its 'hd'. 'By the power of hd!!!' 'made possible by the power of hd'.

Its just transparent polygons with hairs drawn on. Nothing to do with hd. But having more powerful processors does enable more layers of those polygons for a denser more realistic appearence. But nothing to do with being rendered at a certain resolution.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#51 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

i will be king of this kong!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: donkey kong, box art, diddy kong, dixie kong, HYPE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!