stevenk

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • NNID:stevenke1
  • Fandom:
    pokemon cod mario zelda metroid

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

we all know the wii u is getting a price cut for 50$ and many early buyers of the wii u  feel cheated  because nintendo faild to supply us with a decent amount of games. i feel nintendo should offer a wii u ambassador program. what do you guys think?

Edited by stevenk, 29 August 2013 - 05:49 AM.

#2 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

I think there is a thread already about this. I'm OK as I got the Basic, but I wouldn't mind a free game...

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#3 Kardibask

Kardibask

Ninj

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • NNID:Kardibask
  • Fandom:
    Marvel, DC Comics

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

Well we already get the Deluxe Digital Promotion, but a free game would be nice.

e674231265.jpg

#4 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:06 PM

yeah seriously "ONE" free game would be great for me... im not talking a 5 dollar virtual console game.... give us a retail 60 dollar game voucher in e-shop account to download whatever game we want coming this fall. I dont think its fair and its not our fault that they screwed up the launch. now im not saying they deserve all of the negative press and sentiment they have been getting but yes they screwed up big time with this launch.  give me a retail game. i think they should offer something like get 1 of 3 free games and include Mario 3d world, donkey kong country returns, and call of duty ghost.

#5 Ruuffur

Ruuffur

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:42 PM

If we had games since launch an ambassador wouldn't be necessary, but if they give us 1 retail game or 3-4 Virtual Console games I would be content. perhaps something like the same on the 3DS, where we got games that wasn't on the Eshop at the time so we don't have to worry about getting games we already bought.

#6 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:46 PM

Support.

A free game would be nice, no? After wrangling that Wii U out of an angry soccer mom's hands that fine boxing day morning, i feel a bit cheated

86c.gif

#7 flowerlandfilms

flowerlandfilms

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:51 PM

I payed full retail price at midnight on day 1 to get the Premium Pack, and I payed more [$430] because I am in Australia.
And I don't feel even remotely cheated.
I don't deserve anything from Nintendo other than what I payed for.

#8 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:53 PM

If we had games since launch an ambassador wouldn't be necessary, but if they give us 1 retail game or 3-4 Virtual Console games I would be content. perhaps something like the same on the 3DS, where we got games that wasn't on the Eshop at the time so we don't have to worry about getting games we already bought.

nope virtual console games wouldnt cut it because believe me they wont be any games we really want... or a game i already have downloaded on my 3ds from the virtual console. i want a retail game.

#9 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:55 PM

2 or 3 Gamecube and/or N64 games would suffice for me.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#10 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:19 PM

i would be ok with gamecube virtual console games and im talking good games. the gamecubes library is so overlooked for it awesomness... samething will happen to Wii U when this gen is over....

#11 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:34 PM

we all know the wii u is getting a price cut for 50$ and many early buyers of the wii u feel cheated because nintendo faild to supply as with a decent amount of games. i feel nintendo should offer a wii u ambassador program. what do you guys think?

I honestly can't tell if this is a joke or not.

The last launch I can remember that had actual decent games was the Dreamcast.

To expect anything more then a shiny new toy and some mediocre launch games really is pretty silly.

Though I must admit I was expecting w101 back in December and pikmin 3 in the launch window.

Oh well. The price you pay.

#12 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:53 PM

I honestly can't tell if this is a joke or not.

The last launch I can remember that had actual decent games was the Dreamcast.

To expect anything more then a shiny new toy and some mediocre launch games really is pretty silly.

Though I must admit I was expecting w101 back in December and pikmin 3 in the launch window.

Oh well. The price you pay.

Exactly. How self entitled do you have to be to expect something for being among the early adopters? This is the risk you take, the system has been out 9-10 months. No one forced you to buy it.
Especially to those moaning about the lack of games. They don't hide what games are coming out.

#13 GreenPenInk

GreenPenInk

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:56 PM

For the most part no.   I feel slightly bad for anyone who bought a Wii U about a month ago and can't return it to stores and wait for the price drop/bundles if that's what they want to do.  Even in my case though having bought it in June I feel like I got well worth the $50 out of it since then and would rather keep mine than sell it/rebuy it at a lower price in a month even if I could recoup the entire cost.  I am a huge Zelda fan and the design on the gamepad is nice but something about a solid sleek system where everything matches is more appealing to me.

zeldasig.jpg

#14 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:28 AM

C'mon people you saw this coming didn't you? There was no way it would hold up with other next gen consoles at that price. Right now it's 200 bucks in advantage of the Xbox 1 and 100 for the PS4. This WILL give them a step up. Also bundling it with Zelda is a very good idea. 50 isn't that much of a cut to complain.. the 3DS, which is a HANDHELD dropped 80.

No sig.

#15 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:13 AM

C'mon people you saw this coming didn't you? There was no way it would hold up with other next gen consoles at that price. Right now it's 200 bucks in advantage of the Xbox 1 and 100 for the PS4. This WILL give them a step up. Also bundling it with Zelda is a very good idea. 50 isn't that much of a cut to complain.. the 3DS, which is a HANDHELD dropped 80.

i think its a little bit more than that. Nintendo promised "we learned our lesson from 3ds launch"... and they repeat it with Wii U or even dare i say did worse. not only that but their was a promise of Wii U being a console for the core.... how is that working out? Again i have a Wii U and its the only console i will own this gen same as last gen Wii, before that Gamecube, and that N64. i love nintendo and want them to succeed.... but they messed up big time and in reality its NOJ fault they dont understand the western audience and gamers and its biting them in the A$$... and it seems they arent trying to do much to change that. i was looking at this video from gaming analyst he said if he was nintendo he would have got on his knees and begged take two/rockstar to put GTA V on Wii U.... its EASILY the biggest game releasing this year. i know nintendo is a proud company and they should be they accomplished a lot over the last 30 years but sometimes to have to fold a bit and say hey 3rd party publisher/dev we need to make this happen what do we have to do.

#16 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:20 AM

i think its a little bit more than that. Nintendo promised "we learned our lesson from 3ds launch"... and they repeat it with Wii U or even dare i say did worse. not only that but their was a promise of Wii U being a console for the core.... how is that working out? Again i have a Wii U and its the only console i will own this gen same as last gen Wii, before that Gamecube, and that N64. i love nintendo and want them to succeed.... but they messed up big time and in reality its NOJ fault they dont understand the western audience and gamers and its biting them in the A$$... and it seems they arent trying to do much to change that. i was looking at this video from gaming analyst he said if he was nintendo he would have got on his knees and begged take two/rockstar to put GTA V on Wii U.... its EASILY the biggest game releasing this year. i know nintendo is a proud company and they should be they accomplished a lot over the last 30 years but sometimes to have to fold a bit and say hey 3rd party publisher/dev we need to make this happen what do we have to do.

GTA on Wii U would have made barely any difference. If you play games like that you'll likely have an Xbox and play it on that anyway.

Nintendo need exclusive games that make their platform attractive.

#17 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:28 AM

Prepare to be disappointed: It's not going to happen. 

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#18 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:27 AM

GTA on Wii U would have made barely any difference. If you play games like that you'll likely have an Xbox and play it on that anyway.

Nintendo need exclusive games that make their platform attractive.

i just disagree.... i mean marketing a console or selling people on the fact that this console is a core console yes at least GTA V could show the consumer you are taking the western market and core market seriously. like i can give you direct quotes from Iwata saying they will focus on the core gamer with Wii U. again i love my Wii U and going to enjoy the great library of games coming to it. i just get disturbed a little by how nintendo faithful( im one of them) are against holding them accountable for a horrible launch, non exsistent marketing, and non ability to convey what the Wii U is capable of.  

Edited by GAMER1984, 29 August 2013 - 02:35 AM.

#19 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:46 AM

I feel people are really making way too big a deal of all of this. Sure some free games would be nice but that won't really help make customers happy. I own and love my console to death, It saddens me that people just have to complain and say that Nintendo is robbing them of there money, Nintendo are trying pretty darn hard to get everything sorted out and i feel satisfied with what they have to offer, so instead of complaining about what Nintendo hasn't done YET...lets look at what good has come to the WiiU, and it's fair to say that the WiiU has a lot of love to give.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#20 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:52 AM

The deluxe/premium digital promotion and the 30 cents virtual console games were the ambassador program. They don't owe us anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!