• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:59 AM

i just disagree.... i mean marketing a console or selling people on the fact that this console is a core console yes at least GTA V could show the consumer you are taking the western market and core market seriously. like i can give you direct quotes from Iwata saying they will focus on the core gamer with Wii U. again i love my Wii U and going to enjoy the great library of games coming to it. i just get disturbed a little by how nintendo faithful( im one of them) are against holding them accountable for a horrible launch, non exsistent marketing, and non ability to convey what the Wii U is capable of.

And what exactly is a 'core' game? Something with shooting in it? Pikmin 3 and W101 are proper games. Wii U doesn't have to have all the same games as PS3.

And I'm not sure what you are on about. I wasn't happy at all the game delays, but I don't need to be compensated for it. They don't owe me something, I bought the console and basically played Assassins Creed 3 and Lego City and not a lot else, but I knew what I was getting into.

Do you seriously believe everything a company ever says? I go off what is available to buy at that time.

#22 dustinb12

dustinb12

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    CM Punk, Zelda, Mario, Batman, ECW

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:04 AM

idk, call me humble but buying games for 30 cents was pretty sweet of them. i racked up and still haven't played them all.

Save the Deku trees!

#23 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:06 AM

I would like a free game.

I probably won't get it, but it'd be nice.

Those 30 cent VC games were pretty sweet, though.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#24 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:15 AM

I would like a free game.

I probably won't get it, but it'd be nice.

Those 30 cent VC games were pretty sweet, though.

We would all like free games, of course. But there is a difference between that and feeling entitled to them.

#25 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:19 AM

And what exactly is a 'core' game? Something with shooting in it? Pikmin 3 and W101 are proper games. Wii U doesn't have to have all the same games as PS3.

And I'm not sure what you are on about. I wasn't happy at all the game delays, but I don't need to be compensated for it. They don't owe me something, I bought the console and basically played Assassins Creed 3 and Lego City and not a lot else, but I knew what I was getting into.

Do you seriously believe everything a company ever says? I go off what is available to buy at that time.

when a company has the reputation they had coming off a console like Wii (though it selled a lot) didnt get 90% of "core" games because it couldnt run any modern engine... yes they shouldnt say our next console will be core and then dont deliver. like i said im fine with Wii U as it is im just pointing out the things that they should be held accountable on. we let them off the hook every time and just sweep their lies up under the rug. and speaking of those 30 cent games i have all of them on my 3ds.... could care less about downloading them again on my Wii U.

#26 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:19 AM

when a company has the reputation they had coming off a console like Wii (though it selled a lot) didnt get 90% of "core" games because it couldnt run any modern engine... yes they shouldnt say our next console will be core and then dont deliver. like i said im fine with Wii U as it is im just pointing out the things that they should be held accountable on. we let them off the hook every time and just sweep their lies up under the rug. and speaking of those 30 cent games i have all of them on my 3ds.... could care less about downloading them again on my Wii U.

And what exactly should we be doing? I really couldn't care less, I'm happy with the games I have and will be getting on Wii U.

I still couldn't care less what Nintendo said about 'core' (a nonsense made up term) gamers.

#27 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:33 AM

C'mon people you saw this coming didn't you? There was no way it would hold up with other next gen consoles at that price. Right now it's 200 bucks in advantage of the Xbox 1 and 100 for the PS4. This WILL give them a step up. Also bundling it with Zelda is a very good idea. 50 isn't that much of a cut to complain.. the 3DS, which is a HANDHELD dropped 80.

I did see it coming back in February. I think it was after the PS4 reveal. It was so obvious after seeing what the PS4 offered vs the Wii U.

http://thewiiu.com/t...ii-u-price-cut/

Thread kinda died for some reason....

Edited by Dharmanator, 29 August 2013 - 06:35 AM.

#28 The Halbird

The Halbird

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Ace Combat,

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:22 AM

I sure as heck don't feel cheated. Let's face it, it cost money to invent, design, test, and publish a gaming console. That cost money, which is why the console cost more at the start. Would it hurt to have an ambassador program? No, it'd be good. But to they owe us one? NO! NO! a thousand times No!

#29 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

I didn't see it coming... The price cut or the lack of games. I had never experienced a console launch before the Wii U, so I didn't expect it. Somehow it got into my head that I would buy the Wii U and I would have tons of great games to play right near the beginning. I think Nintendo actually did make it sound like there would be lots of great games from the start, but that obviously didn't work out. It wouldn't be so bad, had there been a decent amount of games I wanted to play. Even Rayman Legends coming out on time would have made me much less sad about the price cut, I think.

The price cut was probably a good idea, though unneeded, but it does seem a little unfair to the people who bought one right at the beginning, like me, who expected games, but didn't get them. I'd be just fine if they don't have an ambassador program, but a couple VC games would go a long way for me, I think.

This is kinda off-topic, but I have another thing to say... Why did they announce the price cut a month before it happens? Now nobody is gonna buy a Wii U from now until then... Eh, just a thought. xD

Edited by MatrixChicken, 29 August 2013 - 10:06 AM.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#30 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

Well its obvious maybe nintendo has stop carint to a degree and is ok just with winning runner up and having the second console in the home. Some fans seem to be ok with that so it doesn't matter much I guess.

#31 Nintyfan

Nintyfan

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Fandom:
    Many things.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

As someone who was an ambassador with the 3DS, I think the idea is stupid. Nintendo doesn't owe the consumer anything if they choose to drop the price

Edited by Nintyfan, 29 August 2013 - 11:42 AM.

#32 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

Not gonna happen. The 3DS received a price drop just a few months after it was released, that's why they gave us the ambassador program. The Wii U has almost been out for a year and they are just doing the price drop. I don't know why people feel so entitled. This is the price you pay when you buy something early. I thought people learned after the 3DS, but I guess not.

#33 Nintyfan

Nintyfan

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Fandom:
    Many things.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:49 AM

I also don't think the Wii U price cut was huge enough to justify an ambassador program. The 3DS I can see it more though,  it went from $250 to $179 so an ambasasdor program seemed very reasonable.

They aren't going to give you free games on the Wii U simply because of a game drought.

Edited by Nintyfan, 29 August 2013 - 11:51 AM.

#34 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

Don't feel bad about your first console launch. I started gaming on the Magnavox Oddessy and Oddessy 2.

Yeah. I am old. One sick. One button. All you needed in the 70's and early 80's. Bad times. J/K
  • Fig likes this

#35 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

<p>Its been confirmed there will be no ambassador program. Come on people you all saw this coming so deal with it. I don't understand why everyone feels that they deserve something! why should nintendo be the ones giving free games every time they have a price drop! I think it was a mistake they gave those free games on 3DS because now everyone is a B!tch about not getting free things on WiiU. The amount of whining and complaining is getting old.&nbsp;<br />
<a href="http://mynintendonew...gram-for-wii-u/">http://mynintendonew...gram-for-wii-u/</a></p>

Edited by meitantei_conan, 29 August 2013 - 12:32 PM.

#36 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

Well its obvious maybe nintendo has stop carint to a degree and is ok just with winning runner up and having the second console in the home. Some fans seem to be ok with that so it doesn't matter much I guess.

What the hell are you even talking about?! If they were happy to just be runner up they wouldn't be shoving games like Mario out the door and dropping the price.

And fans being happy about it? Yeah I don't care. All that concerns me is that the Wii U gets a steady stream of games. If I get games to choose from then Nintendo could never sell another Wii U for all it matters to me.

#37 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:33 PM

What the hell are you even talking about?! If they were happy to just be runner up they wouldn't be shoving games like Mario out the door and dropping the price

Well I guess some things are more obvious to some than others.

#38 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:37 PM

Well I guess some things are more obvious to some than others.

More like some people take things more personally than others.

#39 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

they are not going to be doing this program & they have always said this, i am a 3DS ambassador & the games i got were pointless anyway, a new 3DS game of my choice would of been better than the supposed cost of the free games everyone got, giving decades old NES & SNES games to people who had invested in a full 3D handheld console as compensation for Nintendo screwing up, Oooooo whoopie do, i downloaded them but have i played them well yes,  played them years ago on my NES & SNES i brought a 3DS to play NEW GAMES !

no doubt if Nintendo do do this for the WiiU they would give out the 3DS ambassador games lol

#40 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

<p>Its been confirmed there will be no ambassador program. Come on people you all saw this coming so deal with it. I don't understand why everyone feels that they deserve something! why should nintendo be the ones giving free games every time they have a price drop! I think it was a mistake they gave those free games on 3DS because now everyone is a B!tch about not getting free things on WiiU. The amount of whining and complaining is getting old.&nbsp;<br />
<a href="http://mynintendonew...gram-for-wii-u/">http://mynintendonew...gram-for-wii-u/</a></p>

sorry to rain on your parade, but  since when do customer service reps count as a source of confirmation?

she used the word "no plans" because she had not been given anything to say otherwise.

no i am not saying it will happen nor am i saying it wont. Im saying its not confirmed until it comes from the top.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!