Photo

Swaggle me eyes! possible good news (AKA Platinum 2nd party and W101 sequel)

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

Nintendo should buy them and one more company and make Platinum do hack n slash action games make Retro do FPS/ Action games and make the other one do RPGS or sandbox games.

#42 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

Sorry. That was my fault. I am a horrible person and useless member of any community. I will try better with my title.

I obviously meant "swoogle me eyes". Sorry.

And I apologize as well. I had not known this topic already existed. 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#43 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:55 PM

But the post I made in this thread's kind of about Japan. And since Platinum is Japanese, that's the region that matters most.
Since it's the only country we have numbers of since it's the only one it's released in (it didn't make top 20 in the uk, but no numbers yet).
Historically, NoE haven't been very good at giving the internet sales numbers.
It's not out in America yet, or maybe it is I haven't been paying attention to their release dates.

I know Japanese love their eShop, but 5,000 is terribly low even understanding that.
I for one expected a lot more than 5,000 disc sales of the game, so it's obviously been more of a miss than I expected myself there.
I haven't seen many Nintendo adverts here at all, can't talk about w101 getting less of something I've not seen much of then.

That's what most Japanese game commercials are like.
Also due to cultural differences, what might not look appealing to you might look very appealing to them.

Apparantly not the case here.

But its not just the japanese trailers either, the euro ones i saw were just as bad. They are just bad commercials that dont convey the game at all.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#44 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:10 PM

I think promoting the game like a week before the release with a nintendo direct (which is still a very niche event mostly watched by nintendo fans alone) is to blame as well; first party games got tons of commercials, but nintendo barely makes commercials for its 3rd party exclusives, that's the truth; they dont know yet how to take advantage of them.

The trailers, while somewhat funny and attractive, lack the selling point of how do you play, how is it unique, why do you as a wii u owner (or someone who doesnt have one yet) should but it. A lot of people dont know what the game is about and are just like "omg too much on the screen derp"

NoA should start promoting this game like there's no tomorrow right now before it lands on this side of the ocean.

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#45 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:17 PM

Apparantly not the case here.

But its not just the japanese trailers either, the euro ones i saw were just as bad. They are just bad commercials that dont convey the game at all.

I haven't seen any.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#46 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:05 PM

Inb4 The Wonderful 102... lelz
No sig.

#47 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:48 AM

Nintendo doesn't need a studio that makes top-selling games, they already make top-selling games (Zelda, Mario, DK). They need a studio that makes really good games, so that people who aren't necessarily interested in Z-M-DK will also buy their consoles. So far, most people that bought the WiiU are the Z-M-DK people, so it is to be expected that something different wouldn't sell. And W101 is a great game (judging from the demo) that doesn't sell very well (according to the Japanese sales figures). Even though it would be better if it sold well, it's still a great game.

#48 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:50 AM

Nintendo should buy them and one more company and make Platinum do hack n slash action games make Retro do FPS/ Action games and make the other one do RPGS or sandbox games.

The 'other one' is called monolith soft.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#49 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:27 AM

Nintendo doesn't need a studio that makes top-selling games, they already make top-selling games (Zelda, Mario, DK). They need a studio that makes really good games, so that people who aren't necessarily interested in Z-M-DK will also buy their consoles. So far, most people that bought the WiiU are the Z-M-DK people, so it is to be expected that something different wouldn't sell. And W101 is a great game (judging from the demo) that doesn't sell very well (according to the Japanese sales figures). Even though it would be better if it sold well, it's still a great game.

I agree with your assessment.

I am one of the few who bought the Wii U because I believed the BS about the Wii U coming back to the hardcore. That was obviously a big fat lie. But time will tell. Let those games come.

One of the problems around launch was that games like W101 were supposed to come out in December. I believe
Lego city undercover was also a launch Window game. Let's not forget Rayman.

Any way. No new games certainly did not help the Wii U.

#50 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

Well, Platinum has said they're up for it. Now all Nintendo has to do is shell out some cash. Personally I hope they do. 

The 'other one' is called monolith soft.

Does Monolith Soft do Sandbox games well? I know they helped with Animal Crossing: New Leaf, but have they done others like it in their past? It's just that I've never heard of them working on sandbox games before.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#51 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:12 AM

Well, Platinum has said they're up for it. Now all Nintendo has to do is shell out some cash. Personally I hope they do. 

Does Monolith Soft do Sandbox games well? I know they helped with Animal Crossing: New Leaf, but have they done others like it in their past? It's just that I've never heard of them working on sandbox games before.

I think a lot of people are confused as to what makes an open world/free roam game a 'sandbox' game... As usual thanks to being 'taught wrong' by the incompetent 'gamz jernaliz'.

In order to be a true sandbox game, the player has to have tools to modify the world themselves and create how they play.

Thats why it was named sandbox, because, like making a sandcastle, players can build their world and modify how they play. In fact, its pretty much the only way to play. Sandbox games are more of a 'world toy' to play with than an actual game.

Minecraft is the most obvious, truest, and purest and most literal example of a sandbox game.

A very different type of sandbox game would be EVE online.

In that sense, many games, including gta as the most famous example, have been erroneously labeled 'sand box' by the media over the years, when they are really just 'free range' games with a narrative.

Going by What the media has erroneously been calling sandbox games, xenoblade was a damn good one. And X is shaping up to be an amazing one.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#52 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:22 PM

I'm not sure Nintendo would agree anytime soon, or at least not before Bayo 2 releases. If this game fails commercially, then I don't see what Nintendo can draw out of this deal. Not saying Platinum games are terrible but maybe they should try to break their curse somehow.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!