Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:15 AM

IGN

During an interview with IGN, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime defended Wii U's value proposition for consumers this Fall.

As we reported earlier, Nintendo will cut the price of Wii U by $50 in the US starting September 20. So we asked Reggie what are the incentives for consumers to choose Nintendo, especially since their home console is $100 cheaper than its closest competitor.

It’s all about the games. The competitive systems have announced their launch lineups. I’m allowed to say ‘Meh,’” Fils-Aime said. “I look at our lineup of titles and I feel good about our lineup. We’ve got Zelda. We’ve got Mario. We’ve got Donkey Kong. In addition to great titles like Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101, I feel very good about our lineup, and I feel very good about the value proposition we’re putting out there for the consumer.”

But Nintendo’s competition is also adding new technologies to the home console experience. They are introducing services like cloud gaming, cross-platfrom play between handheld and home systems, the ability to buy a single game that can be shared on a home and handheld platforms. How does Nintendo plan to compete with those services?

In response, Fils-Aime continued to hammer the point that, in the end, all the consumer cares about is great games and great experiences.

“We’ve got cloud technology that we’re delivering with Wii U. Nintendo TVii is all cloud-based technology. But the difference is, we don’t talk about the tech. We talk about the experience. We make sure that the consumer has fun with the game experiences that we provide, “ Fils-Aime told IGN.
And so I think as you compare and contrast Nintendo with other players in the space, for us it’s about games, about the fun, about the entertainment value, and not about the tech.”

I personally think he has no place to say this considering it took Nintendo almost a year to get a game worth buying on the Wii U, hell look at the atrocious 3DS launch.

#2 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

Wow seriously this guy needs a reality check big time since the Wiiu launch was nothing short of a disaster.

#3 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

POPULAR

The launch titles for the Xbox 1 and PS4 are meh though. Most, if not all of the 3rd party games are going to be on both systems, PC, Wii U, and PS360. The most anticipated games on both systems (Titanfall and Infamous) are going to be launch window. When it comes to exclusives you have Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Forza, and Ryse for Xbox 1, and the PS4 has Drive Club, Knack, and Killzone. You have a racing sim on both, and Ryse and Knack both look bad. Compared to the Wii U's lineup of exclusives this fall, they are lacking. Yes, the Wii U's launch was bad, but every console aimed at gamers had a bad launch since the Dreamcast. And when they have a drought after launch window, which every console does, the Wii U will have games like Mario Kart, Bayonetta 2, X, Smash Bros, and anything else Nintendo hasn't announced.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 29 August 2013 - 05:44 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#4 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

I guess I was ok with the 3ds and wii u launch titles honestly I don't expect much. They had better launches than the ps360 I think. And none of the new gamess really catch my eye so I guess I can say 'meh' also. haha.

Stupid Snowmads!

#5 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

I personally think he has no place to say this considering it took Nintendo almost a year to get a game worth buying on the Wii U, hell look at the atrocious 3DS launch.

He never said the Wii U launch was good, also the PS4 and Xbox One launch games are, and i quote, "Meh". He's allowed to have a opinion you know... 

The only thing wrong about this is that he's saying TVii is cloud technology... 1. TVii Isn't even out in Europe yet!!! 2. That's not the type of cloud technology he was taking about!!

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#6 Nintyfan

Nintyfan

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Fandom:
    Many things.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

All companies are going to defend themselves, I mean who would say "I think our launch lineup sucked".

Edited by Nintyfan, 29 August 2013 - 10:56 AM.

#7 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

It's all about competition, it would be a stupid move if he admitted that the Wii U launch line-up sucked. Plus, saying bad things about other competitors on the market is a strategy to draw attention. It's like a free advertisement.

Edited by TriplePower, 29 August 2013 - 11:02 AM.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#8 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

#9 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:39 AM

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#10 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

As Chrop said he never said anything about the Wii U launch lineup. He never even compared the new consoles' launch lineups to the Wii U launch lineup, he compared it to Wii U's current lineup. Maybe people should read the article before making silly comments.

Anyway I think he is right about the launch lineup being "meh", there are no games being released at launch that are hugely exciting. I also believe that with the price cut, new bundles, and upcoming games the Wii U is the most value for money. If Nintendo advertise properly this time then the average consumer will see that too.

And when they have a drought after launch window, which every console does, the Wii U will have games like Mario Kart, Bayonetta 2, X, Smash Bros, and anything else Nintendo hasn't announced.

Exactly. Even though the Wii U being released a year early meant there was game delays and months of very few good titles, it will pay off when MS Sony lose their launch hype and the release of big games starts to slow down.

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

It's a shame search isn't working...

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:15 PM

Hmmm so now Nintendo have resorted to attacking the opposition, i wonder who will have the last laugh ? 

#13 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

Hmmm so now Nintendo have resorted to attacking the opposition, i wonder who will have the last laugh ? 

He didn't attack them at all. He said he personally thought their lineup was meh. that's the only (semi-)negative comment about them he made. The rest of the time he talked about the Wii U, which is part of HIS company.

If I remember correctly, MicroSony have both attacked Nintendo and each other much more blatantly.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#14 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

He didn't attack them at all. He said he personally thought their lineup was meh. that's the only (semi-)negative comment about them he made. The rest of the time he talked about the Wii U, which is part of HIS company.

If I remember correctly, MicroSony have both attacked Nintendo and each other much more blatantly.

did he mention the WiiU's launch games that were mostly ports of twelve month old PS3/X360 games & the launch window size that was from when the console was released in November 2012 until March 2013 ?

the bosses at Nintendo are starting to lose the plot i think.

#15 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

did he mention the WiiU's launch games that were mostly ports of twelve month old PS3/X360 games & the launch window size that was from when the console was released in November 2012 until March 2013 ?

Did he mention that he wasn't comparing the PS4/Xbox 1 launch line-up to the Wii U's launch line up? No: he was comparing it to the Wii U line-up for September and beyond, in which the Wii U not only has more exclusives, but every multiplat the PS4/Xbox 1 has with the exception of EA titles and Sports games.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#16 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

"Hello I am Reggie Fils-Aime and I think that our competitor's products are fantastic but you should buy our stuff because Mario."

#17 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:24 PM

In case you didn't get it the first time, this:

Did he mention that he wasn't comparing the PS4/Xbox 1 launch line-up to the Wii U's launch line up? No: he was comparing it to the Wii U line-up for September and beyond, in which the Wii U not only has more exclusives, but every multiplat the PS4/Xbox 1 has with the exception of EA titles and Sports games.

"Hello I am Reggie Fils-Aime and I think that our competitor's products are fantastic but you should buy our stuff because Mario."

And Zelda and Smash Bros.

It's a perfectly reasonable thing to say considering the most important thing to consider when buying ANY game system the games that are coming to that system.

Look at CPU. Yeah you can have the most amazing CPU that could play anything, but the reason CPU is barely even considered when it comes to console war is because it has almost no great exclusives in comparison to a company like Nintendo.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#18 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:43 PM

And Zelda and Smash Bros.

It's a perfectly reasonable thing to say considering the most important thing to consider when buying ANY game system the games that are coming to that system.

Look at CPU. Yeah you can have the most amazing CPU that could play anything, but the reason CPU is barely even considered when it comes to console war is because it has almost no great exclusives in comparison to a company like Nintendo.

By what I said I meant what else was he supposed to say?

#19 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:47 PM

Reggie is simply pipe dreaming. I know their "go our own way" attitude is cutting edge but he needs to quit being delusional if he wan't to make the Wii U as successful as the 3DS.

Edited by SaturnDaOPGaymFreak, 29 August 2013 - 05:47 PM.

Signature_DK.png

#20 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:38 PM

Reggie is simply pipe dreaming. I know their "go our own way" attitude is cutting edge but he needs to quit being delusional if he wan't to make the Wii U as successful as the 3DS.

How is he being delusional? I think he's right. What PS4 and Xbone have lined up for launch considering how much the systems cost can't compare to what Wii U has lined up (and already has) for the amount of money it costs.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!