I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:35 PM

He's right.

From what I've seen the Xbocks One and PS4 have very little to offer that looks better than the Wii U (and last gen...) apart from flashier graphics (not even a massive jump, tbh).

Edited by R00bot, 29 August 2013 - 10:35 PM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#22 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:31 PM

I just find his answer to be rather funny considering the wiius launch line up was rather weak and pretty much as bad if not worse than the ps4/1. Now it was smart of him to specify that wiiu current line up is better but idk when someone who is fat makes fun of someone else for being fat is just wrong you know lol I feel the same applies to this.

Not that making fun of someone is good but you guys get what I'm saying lol.

#23 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:44 PM

I just find his answer to be rather funny considering the wiius launch line up was rather weak and pretty much as bad if not worse than the ps4/1. Now it was smart of him to specify that wiiu current line up is better but idk when someone who is fat makes fun of someone else for being fat is just wrong you know lol I feel the same applies to this.

Not that making fun of someone is good but you guys get what I'm saying lol.

No, not really. He's not making fun of them for having a bad launch line-up. He's saying, since they have a "meh" launch line-up, just as the WiiU had (which he didn't say of course, but could have said), it's better to buy a Wii U who has some great games. That is actually the whole point - the launch line-up matters if you're buying the console at launch, not if you buy it a year later.

That cloud/TVii statement is just weird though.

#24 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:55 PM

Well I guess not making fun but pointing the finger at something that applies to you. Even ifhe's avoiding Nintendos launch titles and focusing on the current games being released its still a head scratcher to hear someone just ignore the fact that they're still in a funk due to that but hey he is right about Nintendo having a better line up coming up compared to Sonys and Microsofts I just find it funny that he actually said "meh".

Edited by LinkKennedy, 29 August 2013 - 11:57 PM.

#25 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:26 AM

Well I guess not making fun but pointing the finger at something that applies to you. Even ifhe's avoiding Nintendos launch titles and focusing on the current games being released its still a head scratcher to hear someone just ignore the fact that they're still in a funk due to that but hey he is right about Nintendo having a better line up coming up compared to Sonys and Microsofts I just find it funny that he actually said "meh".

It is meh. And why would he start talking about, "Oh our launch line up was just as bad as the PS4's and Xbone's." That would be extremely stupid since 

1(and listen carefully because it's been said like ten times now) It. Is. NOT. Part of the equation any more.

2) It in no way applies to what he's talking about, which is how these two consoles compare to the Wii U at their launch.

Do you guys really expect him to start bashing on nintendo's past year rather than use the opportunity to show people that the Wii U is, unquestionably, the best deal of the three consoles?

I feel like people aren't reading the whole thread before posting.

I hate when people do that :(

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#26 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

I did read all the thread and its a funny one lol it's obvious that he won't throw Nintendo under a bus but that's not the point at all I think it's funny that he went out of his way to answer a question that clearly would have had the response I think most people had and that is to laugh at Nintendo since they had a bad start. Again I think we all under stand the oh it's the current line up vs their launch line up but it's just ironic that he dissed or responded with a "meh" to a launch line up when Nintendo just had a real tough time selling systems due to that.

#27 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

I did read all the thread and its a funny one lol it's obvious that he won't throw Nintendo under a bus but that's not the point at all I think it's funny that he went out of his way to answer a question that clearly would have had the response I think most people had and that is to laugh at Nintendo since they had a bad start. Again I think we all under stand the oh it's the current line up vs their launch line up but it's just ironic that he dissed or responded with a "meh" to a launch line up when Nintendo just had a real tough time selling systems due to that.

You're still completely missing the point. Whether or not Wii U launch was meh does not change the fact that the PS4 and Xbone IS meh.

Also, he did NOT go out of the way. The question was, "what are the incentives for consumers to choose Nintendo, especially since their home console is $100 cheaper than its closest competitor."

One of the incentives is the fact that the Xbone and PS4's launch line up is meh compared to what the Wii U has and is going to have.

He answered the question.

He was right.

You are wrong.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#28 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

I'm not wrong we all get what he is saying and my point is that it's just classic irony that he chose "meh" as to their competitors line up when they weren't very good either. whether the line up is bad for ps4/1 that's actually still up for debate unlike Nintendo launch which made it even more funny.

#29 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

right at launch, with the games comming after it should be a decent line up for a while. good will probly be 2 years in.

#30 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

I'm not wrong we all get what he is saying and my point is that it's just classic irony that he chose "meh" as to their competitors line up when they weren't very good either. whether the line up is bad for ps4/1 that's actually still up for debate unlike Nintendo launch which made it even more funny.

The line-up is pretty meh though because not only is every third party game except Dead Rising 3 on other systems including current gen, but with the exception of Watch Dogs, all of the third partg games come out later. You have racing sims on both, Ryse and Knack both look bad, so that leaves you with Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, and Killzone Shadow Fall. Unless you want those exclusive games, you have no reason to upgrade. The Wii U's launch was bad, but so was every system since the Dreamcast, and after the hype of a new system dies down, the PS4 amd Xbox 1 will have their post-launch droughts while the Wii U is getting system sellers like Mario Kart amd Smash Bros.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#31 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

your right about that 4 sure.

#32 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

your right about that 4 sure.

That's what I was saying, but would add tah in other words, we DO know the lineup is meh, it's not really up for debate. Debating it would be just like debating Wii U's launch line as good vs. bad.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#33 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:56 AM

The launch titles for the Xbox 1 and PS4 are meh though. Most, if not all of the 3rd party games are going to be on both systems, PC, Wii U, and PS360. The most anticipated games on both systems (Titanfall and Infamous) are going to be launch window. When it comes to exclusives you have Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Forza, and Ryse for Xbox 1, and the PS4 has Drive Club, Knack, and Killzone. You have a racing sim on both, and Ryse and Knack both look bad. Compared to the Wii U's lineup of exclusives this fall, they are lacking. Yes, the Wii U's launch was bad, but every console aimed at gamers had a bad launch since the Dreamcast. And when they have a drought after launch window, which every console does, the Wii U will have games like Mario Kart, Bayonetta 2, X, Smash Bros, and anything else Nintendo hasn't announced.

Absolute rubbish. Having played most of the launch games for PS4 and Xbox One including Forza, Ryse Son Of Rome, Killer Instinct, Drive Club, Knack, Rezogun amongst others I can say they are all pretty impressive. Knack is a great platform game. Forza and DriveClub are both great racing games. Killer Instinct does justice to the original game. Ryse Son Of Rome has come a long way and as a third person action hack and slash game its great. Rezogun is a great spiritual sequal to Super Stardust. I didn't get to play Dead Rising but watched it being played by one of the developers and is definitely a great addition to the franchise. Overallall from my experience playing the various games I would say the Xbox One and PS4 launches are going to be far better then that of the Wii U. Also with more games coming out later like Titanfall and Infamous Second Son the future looks pretty good for both consoles.

#34 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:05 AM

I completely agree with Reggie, the only games that appeal to me on the Xbox One and PS4 are also gonna be on the Wii U: Assassin's Creed IV and Watch_Dogs.

And am I the only one who thinks the Wii U launch games were actually very good? I own 14 games on the Wii U (shared with my brother), have had it since Christmas and have never not had anything to play.

Bring the noise.

#35 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:57 AM

having played most of the launch games for PS4 and Xbox One including Forza, Ryse Son Of Rome, Killer Instinct, Drive Club, Knack, Rezogun amongst others I can say they are all pretty impressive. Knack is a great platform game. Forza and DriveClub are both great racing games. Killer Instinct does justice to the original game. Ryse Son Of Rome has come a long way and as a third person action hack and slash game its great. Rezogun is a great spiritual sequal to Super Stardust. I didn't get to play Dead Rising but watched it being played by one of the developers and is definitely a great addition to the franchise. Overallall from my experience playing the various games I would say the Xbox One and PS4 launches are going to be far better then that of the Wii U. Also with more games coming out later like Titanfall and Infamous Second Son the future looks pretty good for both consoles.

I'm not saying that Forza and Driveclub are bad, but it doesn't differentiate the two systems. I don't want to play a game full of quick-time events, and Knack looks really boring to me. If they have a demo at a retailer when it launches I'll try it out, but it did not convince me to get a PS4. Titanfall is coming out on PC and 360, so you still don't have a reason to upgrade. Infamous does look good, but that comes out in March, which will be a break in the post-launch drought that every console has.

The future for all 3 consoles look bright: Final Fantasy 14 and Kingdom Hearts 3 look good, as well as Bayonetta 2 and X. But those titles are going to be a year or two after the launch of the 8th gen systems.

Out of curiosity, where did you play the PS4 and Xbox 1? E3?

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#36 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:26 AM

Big words coming from a company that still can't convince me to buy a Wii U post-launch, because their library was not only "meh" at launch, but is still going to be "meh" for the foreseeable future.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#37 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:16 AM

Well if Wind Waker HD doesn't make you tingle then you're not a true Nintendo gamer anyways.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#38 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:01 AM

Well if Wind Waker HD doesn't make you tingle then you're not a true Nintendo gamer anyways.

I suppose if being a "true Nintendo gamer" means you'll fork over $50 for an unnecessary (WW aged well graphically) remastered port of a 10 year old game you already own and can play easily on the Wii.

Edited by Envy, 31 August 2013 - 08:04 AM.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#39 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

I suppose if being a "true Nintendo gamer" means you'll fork over $50 for an unnecessary (WW aged well graphically) remastered port of a 10 year old game you already own and can play easily on the Wii.

It's the same as buying a "Digitally Remastered" Disney classic on Bluray. Sure, you can watch your old VHS tapes, but it's a completely different experience.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#40 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

It's the same as buying a "Digitally Remastered" Disney classic on Bluray. Sure, you can watch your old VHS tapes, but it's a completely different experience.

But tell me, would you buy a Blu-Ray player to watch a "digitally remastered" Disney classic, when you already have it readily available (on DVD, since that's much more comparable)? Would saying "No" mean that you're no longer a "true Disney fan"?

-

woodwinds3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!