Want to get your guys' thoughts on this:

http://gotgame.com/2...nintendo-wii-u/

#2 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

no, maybe xmas to see how things pan out.

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:42 AM

Personally, I would. Especially with that Wind Waker bundle and MK8/Super Mario 3D World right around the corner.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 Invertednarrow

Invertednarrow

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Fandom:
    Rayman, Legend of Zelda, Tim and Eric

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

If I didn't already have a Wii U I would get the WInd Waker HD bundle for sure!

#5 dmann

dmann

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

If I didn't already have a Wii U I would get the WInd Waker HD bundle for sure!

I know right, That design on the gamepad looks awesome.

Nintendo Network ID: dmann21
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1109-4924

#6 Invertednarrow

Invertednarrow

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Fandom:
    Rayman, Legend of Zelda, Tim and Eric

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

I know right, That design on the gamepad looks awesome.

Totally! Hyrule Historia being included digitally isn't bad either, that book is awesome.

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

Personally, I would. Especially with that Wind Waker bundle and MK8/Super Mario 3D World right around the corner.

Is mk8 right around the corner?

Whelp, looks like this will be the first console mario kart ill be buying since.... well, super mario kart.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

Totally! Hyrule Historia being included digitally isn't bad either, that book is awesome.

The book in digital form was a pretty good idea - one that i would like Nintendo to continue by releasing it digitally on the eshop.

I think the article is right. Wii U does pose a great proposition for this holiday. MS and Sony will have launch line-ups full of games on PS3 and XB360, so besides the really core who probably own one of them for several years, the Wii U, now, is filled with exclusive contente and some really good multiplats. And for 299 and a Zelda or Lego City game, Wii U is a very strong contender for platform of choice this holiday season.

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

The right time to buy it was last year when it launched.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

I think that it is the best value for money out of the three next gen consoles by far. There are no exciting exclusives coming to X1 and PS4 this year.

#11 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

The wind waker HD bundle makes me wish I never bought a wii U at launch

794144.png?13383682

#12 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

Whelp, looks like this will be the first console mario kart ill be buying since.... well, super mario kart.

Eh...relatively. It's supposed to be out in, like...April 2014.

...I thought it was a lot closer when I typed that message, apologies.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#13 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

Wait till Smash and MK8 comes out next April/March. That way you'll have some quality and games with replay value. Rayman Legends/SM3D World/DKTF/ Batman Origins/ COD. won't last that long in terms of replay value. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#14 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

When the Wind Waker bundle comes out there wouldn't be a better time with Sonic, Donkey Kong Country, etc coming out. Plus the value is great, themed Gamepad, digital book, and free digital game. 

#15 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

I think that it is the best value for money out of the three next gen consoles by far. There are no exciting exclusives coming to X1 and PS4 this year.

I disagree. Whilst I wouldn't try to dissuade anyone from buying a Wii U the PS4 represents a far better value for money and both it and the Xbox One have several top notch exciting AAA games this year.

#16 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:24 PM

there is a 50 doller price cut comming in september, buy one then. or get the bundle. 

#17 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:19 PM

I disagree. Whilst I wouldn't try to dissuade anyone from buying a Wii U the PS4 represents a far better value for money and both it and the Xbox One have several top notch exciting AAA games this year.

I disagree. At $299 it is a far better value due to the games now. The PS4 obviously is more powerful. That is nice. I am getting one on launch day but I still will be using my Wii U... which I also had since launch. I don't discriminate 8).

I am very disappointed that infamous is pushed back. To me that hurt the "value". What good is this piece of kit with 1-2 games? Sound familiar?

My only worry is there will be so much noise over PS4 and the other one. ..Wii U will get lost in the hype.

#18 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

I've never bought a console MK, but I have had Mario Kart GameBoy and DS.

8 looks too good to pass up, I just hope the online is good.

The wind waker HD bundle makes me wish I never bought a wii U at launch

Same, well, hopefully they'll release a bundle with the new (full, not remake) Zelda game for the Wii U that'll come with a GamePad like that too, by then you'll be able to have multiple GamePads hooked up to one console (probably).

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#19 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

If I didnt have a Wii U I would have gotten the wind waker one but I dont regret getting my wii u at launch its like being a proud parent

#20 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:24 AM

I disagree. At $299 it is a far better value due to the games now. The PS4 obviously is more powerful. That is nice. I am getting one on launch day but I still will be using my Wii U... which I also had since launch. I don't discriminate 8).
I am very disappointed that infamous is pushed back. To me that hurt the "value". What good is this piece of kit with 1-2 games? Sound familiar?
My only worry is there will be so much noise over PS4 and the other one. ..Wii U will get lost in the hype.

I don't think so. Its not just about the games but the whole user experience. Due to the much better experience and quality games at launch the PS4 is a much better value. Not to mention the third party support will be much better for the PS4. If I was to buy only one console the PS4 would be it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!