Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:10 AM

I don't think so. Its not just about the games but the whole user experience. Due to the much better experience and quality games at launch the PS4 is a much better value. Not to mention the third party support will be much better for the PS4. If I was to buy only one console the PS4 would be it.

There aren't really any ps4 games that have me excited. And the ones that do have me excited are coming to the wii u.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#22 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:01 AM

Anytime is as good as any to buy a WiiU, there are plenty of games to keep you occupied till the xmas season so you won't be lacking any games. Don't be discouraged by people telling you it is weak or just a bad console, it is an amazing console that is still got a lot of potential. Also lets not forget that the PS4, as amazing as it looks will have plenty of issues during launch, same goes for X1. You are better off waiting for at least 6 months, that way you can avoid any software bugs,server issues, console/game shortages...the works.

I do highly recommend getting that WindWaker bundle as we have been discussing, if you haven't already played it than this is now as good as any to play this masterpiece.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#23 The Halbird

The Halbird

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Ace Combat,

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:31 AM

I'd say it's worth it for several reasons.

A. You will save money

B. You will have richer pickings to chose from in terms of games.

C. You will have exclusive Nintendo titles

D. You will have access to vutural console games, and although they don't have very rich pickings yet, they eventually will. You could also save some money this way compared to buying the original game carts, especially concerning Earthbound.

#24 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:06 AM

I don't think so. Its not just about the games but the whole user experience. Due to the much better experience and quality games at launch the PS4 is a much better value. Not to mention the third party support will be much better for the PS4. If I was to buy only one console the PS4 would be it.

An amazing piece of tech does not make a better user experience. We learned that in PSP v. DS and Vita v. 3DS.

I am getting a PS4 day one. But I cannot say I am overly excited about the launch games. Especially since most of them can be played on PS3 or 360. Though I am still getting Minecraft 8).

Some PS4 launch games are available on Wii U!

As far as one console that is not the question.

This is the right time to buy if you want a good system with good games coming out...Wii U.

Best time to buy a PS4 will be about 1 year from now.

Edited by Dharmanator, 31 August 2013 - 06:18 AM.

#25 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:22 AM

An amazing piece of tech does not make a better user experience. We learned that in PSP v. DS and Vita v. 3DS.
I am getting a PS4 day one. But I cannot say I am overly excited about the launch games. Especially since most of them can be played on PS3 or 360. Though I am still getting Minecraft 8).
Some PS4 launch games are available on Wii U!
As far as one console that is not the question.
This is the right time to buy if you want a good system with good games coming out...Wii U.
Best time to buy a PS4 will be about 1 year from now.

Its got nothing to do with the fact that its a better piece of hardware. The whole user experience both off line and on line on the PS4 will be far better. There is more to the whole experience then the games. As I said the PS4 offers a better overall experience and is a better value for money especially for someone who can only afford once console. At the moment the Wii U is not a long term value proposition unless all you want to do is play the first party Nintendo games and are happy with the gimped UI and online structure and experience not to mention that digital content is not tied to the user account but the console. Like I said Nintendo is behind the times in a lot of ways and prefer to do things the way they want and are pretty stubborn. They don't look at what direction the gaming experience is going and what people expect from the online structure, the local UI and amongst other things. The small amount of internal storage which is also slow is another issue.

#26 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:42 AM

Its got nothing to do with the fact that its a better piece of hardware. The whole user experience both off line and on line on the PS4 will be far better. There is more to the whole experience then the games. As I said the PS4 offers a better overall experience and is a better value for money especially for someone who can only afford once console. At the moment the Wii U is not a long term value proposition unless all you want to do is play the first party Nintendo games and are happy with the gimped UI and online structure and experience not to mention that digital content is not tied to the user account but the console. Like I said Nintendo is behind the times in a lot of ways and prefer to do things the way they want and are pretty stubborn. They don't look at what direction the gaming experience is going and what people expect from the online structure, the local UI and amongst other things. The small amount of internal storage which is also slow is another issue.

Then please explain how the PS4's "whole user experience" will be far better? It really is easy to eat all the PR bs without really thinking for a second what "new experiences" this thing will bring besides pretty visuals.

Are you talking about paying for online? Are you talking about the laughable lack of backwards compatibility? Or are you talking about the fact that it has a sh*tty lineup for someone who already has last gen systems (PS3 or a 360)? Oh, you surely must be talking about the drought that will be in the months following the console's launch. Can't wait for this "far better whole user experience".

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#27 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

All I read was it is better at everything except games. (In your mind)

I buy video game consoles.

Notice the word game.
It still is the right time to buy a Wii U if you want one.

This guy does.

Edited by Dharmanator, 01 September 2013 - 06:15 PM.

#28 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

How can you say that the PS4 offers a better overall experience?  Have you played one yet?

There's a ton of games coming out this fall/Christmas/Spring.  

#29 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:25 AM

I'd say it's worth it for several reasons.

A. You will save money

B. You will have richer pickings to chose from in terms of games.

C. You will have exclusive Nintendo titles

D. You will have access to vutural console games, and although they don't have very rich pickings yet, they eventually will. You could also save some money this way compared to buying the original game carts, especially concerning Earthbound.

you can play wiimode to get to the richish pickings of virtual consul.

#30 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

How can you say that the PS4 offers a better overall experience?  Have you played one yet?

There's a ton of games coming out this fall/Christmas/Spring.

Yes it does provide an overall better experience. Yes I have played a number of games on it. Besides its not just about the games but about the whole game playing experience both hardware and software wise as well as the UI, online structure, things like PSN and PS+ etc.

#31 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

Yes it does provide an overall better experience. Yes I have played a number of games on it. Besides its not just about the games but about the whole game playing experience both hardware and software wise as well as the UI, online structure, things like PSN and PS+ etc.

I'm hearing the word "overall better experience" a lot lately when people refer to the PS4, yet most of you have no idea with what you really mean by it. Those are exactly the usual suspects, so let's take a look:

• UI - All we have seen are staged videos so you have no idea if it's actually a substantial improvement over PS3 or not.
  • Online structure- What? Paying for the same service you had on PS3 for free?
  • PSN - Just a fancy name for online gameplay.
  • PS+ - Although the service is pretty good, being mandatory for online play is definitely not a good thing. And we already have that on PS3 so I can't really see that ""overall better experience".

I already own a PS3 and truth be told that the PS4 offers literately nothing substantially better than what we already have on last gen. I'll be playing GTA V thank you. But kudos to Sony for the effective brainwashing.

Posted Image

#32 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

I'm hearing the word "overall better experience" a lot lately when people refer to the PS4, yet most of you have no idea with what you really mean by it. Those are exactly the usual suspects, so let's take a look:

• UI - All we have seen are staged videos so you have no idea if it's actually a substantial improvement over PS3 or not.
  • PS+ - Although the service is pretty good, being mandatory for online play is definitely not a good thing. And we already have that on PS3 so I can't really see that ""overall better experience".
I already own a PS3 and truth be told that the PS4 offers literately nothing substantially better than what we already have on last gen. I'll be playing GTA V thank you. But kudos to Sony for the effective brainwashing.
I am very satisfied with the environmentally friendly soap they use and there was very little streaking.

But seriously nothing really is much better then last gen initially. But the next wave of games will blow it away. Heck. Infamous loss pretty darn good for a launch window game.

I think the Dreamcast was the last time I was really amazed by the New generation. Madden and soul calibur were awesome. 8)

Edited by Dharmanator, 06 September 2013 - 04:27 PM.

#33 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:38 AM

I'm hearing the word "overall better experience" a lot lately when people refer to the PS4, yet most of you have no idea with what you really mean by it. Those are exactly the usual suspects, so let's take a look:

• UI - All we have seen are staged videos so you have no idea if it's actually a substantial improvement over PS3 or not.
I already own a PS3 and truth be told that the PS4 offers literately nothing substantially better than what we already have on last gen. I'll be playing GTA V thank you. But kudos to Sony for the effective brainwashing.

Staged videos ? I've played actual games on the console and the experience is definitely better then current generation including the PS3.

Yes you're now paying for online but I rather pay for a robust and full featured online then the virtually non existent online on the Wii U. Not to mention you're not just paying to play online but also getting loads of quality content at a discount or for free.

The PSN is far better then what Nintendo offers and the whole interface is far better then on any existing consoles including the PS3.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in having to pay to play online especially when it includes discounted or free content. Also as I said the experience will be much better then on existing consoles including the PS3.

The PS4 will overall be a far better experience then the current consoles including the PS3. If you can't afford one then fair enough but I suggest you don't insult people by implying they have been brainwashed by Sony. Just because this is an Internet forum where you are essentially anonymous doesn't mean you can insult people.

You stick with your PS3. At the same time I will be getting a better experience on my PS4 which will be worth the £349.99 cost as well as the £40 cost of PS+.

#34 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:14 AM

Staged videos ? I've played actual games on the console and the experience is definitely better then current generation including the PS3.

Yes you're now paying for online but I rather pay for a robust and full featured online then the virtually non existent online on the Wii U. Not to mention you're not just paying to play online but also getting loads of quality content at a discount or for free.

The PSN is far better then what Nintendo offers and the whole interface is far better then on any existing consoles including the PS3.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in having to pay to play online especially when it includes discounted or free content. Also as I said the experience will be much better then on existing consoles including the PS3.

The PS4 will overall be a far better experience then the current consoles including the PS3. If you can't afford one then fair enough but I suggest you don't insult people by implying they have been brainwashed by Sony. Just because this is an Internet forum where you are essentially anonymous doesn't mean you can insult people.

You stick with your PS3. At the same time I will be getting a better experience on my PS4 which will be worth the £349.99 cost as well as the £40 cost of PS+.

Please read my comments thoroughly before any unnecessary rants. ​I was referring to the staged UI demonstration on Gamescon 2013, I never mentioned games in my previous comment. And if you tried the PS4, then good for you. But I'm 99,9% sure you haven't touched the UI, so you can't be certain it's a substantial improvement. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is.

Again, all you talk about is " a robust and full featured online" without really stating what robust features it has in reality. If you are so deeply self assured that the online experience/overall experience is far better than what we had in last gen and currently have on Wii U, then would you mind stating said features? Using vague PR phrases you see on the media isn't going to help you in a discussion, at all.

The thing with PS+ is that on PS3 it's an optional service. By paying said service you can also get games at a discounted price or games for "free". On PS4 it's basicaly a mandatory service if you want to get the full experience out of the system, since without it you have no access to almost every online aspect of the system. Whether you like it or not, paying to play online in these circumstances is a problem. 

One more thing, saying that the Wii U's online infrastructure is "virtually non existent online" just shows how ignorant you can be in this subject. I advise you to either try a Wii U for yourself first, or to stop being biased altogether.

Posted Image

#35 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

You do realize you keep saying 'the experience will be better', but then provide absolutely no reason, evidence, or argument why. And many of your actual 'arguments' are similarly lacking in nature. Thats why you keep getting torn up. Not necessarily because of what your opinion is, but how you are expressing it.

My opinion, is that it is indeed all about the games. I already have PLENTY of media devices that can do almost all of the garbage ps4 and xbone are trying to shove down my throat, and considerably better. But when it comes to games, they all suck compared to consoles, because consoles are 'all about the games'.

And as far as the console games are concerned..... This gen was a putrid disgusting, liquid stream of defecation compared to its predecessor. Now, more than ever, we need to focus on the games, before its too late.

What you are describing this increased focus on 'non gaming experience', is not sounding good at ALL to someone with my values.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#36 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

With all the games coming out this year and next year I would recommend it.

Signature_DK.png

#37 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

There aren't really any ps4 games that have me excited. And the ones that do have me excited are coming to the wii u.

But they will look worse, run worse, load slower and have much much worse online experience with fewer players, than on PS4.

Granted, if you need a Wii U anyway for exclusives and there is nothing on PS4 you want that isn't also on Wii U, its a fair point.  But the ONLY game I am really bothered about at launch is Watch Dogs and I am STILL getting a PS4 for it, as I think its going to be hugely watered down on Wii U and there will be games I want on PS4 in the future. (plus some of the PS Plus games will probably be nice)

I could get the PC version for less and it will probably run better, but the online experience is going to be smoother and more organised on PSN / Xbox Live.

I also enjoy watching my friends play games as much as playing them myself.  So being able to jump in and watch them play while chatting to them is a big draw for me.  My closest friends all have decent broadband so the feature should work fine.

Its sad that the only things I am looking forward to on Wii U are Zelda and Mario Kart.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 07 September 2013 - 02:55 PM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#38 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

But they will look worse, run worse, load slower and have much much worse online experience with fewer players, than on PS4.

Granted, if you need a Wii U anyway for exclusives and there is nothing on PS4 you want that isn't also on Wii U, its a fair point.  But the ONLY game I am really bothered about at launch is Watch Dogs and I am STILL getting a PS4 for it, as I think its going to be hugely watered down on Wii U and there will be games I want on PS4 in the future. (plus some of the PS Plus games will probably be nice)

I could get the PC version for less and it will probably run better, but the online experience is going to be smoother and more organised on PSN / Xbox Live.

I also enjoy watching my friends play games as much as playing them myself.  So being able to jump in and watch them play while chatting to them is a big draw for me.  My closest friends all have decent broadband so the feature should work fine.

Its sad that the only things I am looking forward to on Wii U are Zelda and Mario Kart.

I doubt they'll have less players online. Wii U has been out for longer :)

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#39 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

"It's not just about the games"

Actually, these are systems built to PLAY video games. And the Wii U is already pretty user friendly- It's about as user friendly as user friendly gets, at least that's what i've figured from my decent amount of time with it.

It's nice to see people show their opinions without swearing once and a while. :)

Edited by CookieEpic, 07 September 2013 - 06:01 PM.

86c.gif

#40 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

Just don't sell your old console if you can avoid it but yes people should buy a wii u at anytime. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!