#61 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

If your after a 1st party only console then yes buy one after the price drop. If on the other hand you listened to the Nintendo promises for 3rd party support like me then don't buy one!

From what I can see most 3rd party games are gimped even though the WiiU is well up to the task.

I'm now not bothering with PS4 or Xbone, but this has helped me get back into pc gaming.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#62 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

No one as of today has seen the UI "first hand", unless you're a PS4 engineer or developer (which have limited access to it), which makes me doubt that you've had a PS4 in your hands.

There we go again, "the PS4 has a better features", "the Wii U is missing features", yet you can name exactly.. none? What am I missing here? Are you really that useless while having a discussion?

Forget it kid.

You don't have to be an engineer or developer to know what the PS4 UI is like. If you search the Internet you will find information on it. As for having played the PS4 yes I have played a number of games on it and I have seen the UI/dashboard although I have not actually used it. I have seen it being used by developers.

As for missing feature things like a robust online structure, a unified account system where your digital content is tied to your account and not a console. Also a decent level of storage which is actually faster then what is in the Wii U. A built in Ethernet port. Not to mention PS+. These are just some of the features of the PS4 which the Wii U does not have.

I know that. My point is that it's useless for him to use PR nonsense without making his point with examples.

Its hardly PR nonsense.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 11 September 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#63 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

As well as an Ethernet port a optic sound output like the eight year old other consoles i own....

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#64 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

First of all the Sony consoles have been far from abysmal. I like you to tell that to the hundreds of millions of people who have bought one. Secondly just because you don't care about the games doesn't mean the hardware is abysmal or it doesn't have top quality AAA games because all Sony consoles have had loads of those. Thirdly its absolutely rubbish that the Wii U doesn't have games I care about and that is wrong. It doesn't have enough games to begin with and it has nothing to do with what games I like which you obviously have no clue about anyway.

I'd say you guys are two extremes. I too have about lvl1 interest in sony products, because since the destruction of sly  and crash, there's not much for me there. However, I wouldn't say the system is bad, it's good hardware, and the type of games appeal to some people. HOWEVER, the number of sales are NOT due solely to quality, in fact I'd say a large number of those sales is people just doing what they see everyone else doing. Just like black ops, people tell them to do it because they need to be a "man" and not a "kid" so they go and blow their money. Ever tried to see most sony and microsoft fans explain why the wii is sooo inferior? They'll say two words over and over and over again- "graphics" and "kids". That's because they don't know anything about their own system let alone the gaming world as a whole. that's why they also act surprised and tell you you're wrong when you tell them the wii has 50% more sales than their system.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#65 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

First of all the Sony consoles have been far from abysmal. I like you to tell that to the hundreds of millions of people who have bought one. Secondly just because you don't care about the games doesn't mean the hardware is abysmal or it doesn't have top quality AAA games because all Sony consoles have had loads of those. Thirdly its absolutely rubbish that the Wii U doesn't have games I care about and that is wrong. It doesn't have enough games to begin with and it has nothing to do with what games I like which you obviously have no clue about anyway.

And I ask you to tell me a cheaper DVD player than the PS2 was.
Also, tell people who don't like Mario why Mario is good.

Get a clue.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#66 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

You don't have to be an engineer or developer to know what the PS4 UI is like. If you search the Internet you will find information on it. As for having played the PS4 yes I have played a number of games on it and I have seen the UI/dashboard although I have not actually used it. I have seen it being used by developers.

As for missing feature things like a robust online structure, a unified account system where your digital content is tied to your account and not a console. Also a decent level of storage which is actually faster then what is in the Wii U. A built in Ethernet port. Not to mention PS+. These are just some of the features of the PS4 which the Wii U does not have.

Its hardly PR nonsense.

So now merely seeing images of the UI is a "first-hand" experience? *Laughs*

As for the "missing features": 

• Robust online structure - What do I smell here? Ambiguous PR nonsense?
  • Unified account system - Well, we already have that with Nintendo Network ID. If something happens to your console you can send it to Nintendo for a system transfer, so I don't really understand your point here.

• Decent level of storage - I prefer to chose how I pay for my storage, rather than being obligated to pay for overpriced proprietary HDD's, thank you.

• Built-in ethernet port - Why? Isn't the USB dongle enough already?

• PS+ - Sure, because paying for online is such a missed feature among Wii U users.

Try harder.

Edited by Arkhandar, 11 September 2013 - 05:27 PM.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#67 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

That just shows your ignorance and lack of knowledge regards the PS4. You obviously have not been following the various news and articles on the Internet regards the PS4. Also like I said I have played games on it and I have seen the UI first hand.

You're just simplifying things and not looking at the big picture. Its not just about the games but about the whole experience when playing those games both locally and online. The Wii U in particular is missing several options and features due Nintendo being behind the times and being stubborn rather then listening to what gamers want and what makes sense for those people who are going to use their console and play games on it.

In which case you not only do not understand what I am trying to say nor do you understand what the PS4 and Xbox One bring to the table. In fact you and others are contradicting your selves by dismissing those consoles when others claim not to know anything about the consoles. Also its not just about the games but how the features and experience on these consoles allow you participate in those game playing experiences. I have a Wii U because I want to play the first party franchises but I sure as hell would not rely on the Wii U being my one and only console.

I can agree on that. I never purchased a Nintendo console for 3rd party games since the N64.

Its hardly PR nonsense.

That is where I disagree. no one cares about a UI when it comes to making games. And as for the second paragraph PS plus costs money and an ethernet port won't make it 100 times faster. I will get a PS4 but it isn't too far ahead of the Wii U like you may imply.

Signature_DK.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!