#1 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

So if you guys didn't know, or live under a rock, Syria is having some big problems. Recently, 1300 + people were victims to chemical weapons. Currently, the UN is investigating to see who actually did it. They reportedly got shot at by snipers while in their vehicles. The problem is that all of the evidence was covered up. I think that it is pretty obvious that President Assad ordered this. The rebels don't have the resources to clean up that kind of stuff. So the issue that the President of the U.S is considering is whether the U.S should intervene in Syrian affairs. The president can't do anything through the UN, because the republic of China and Russia is allies with Syria. Everything in the UN has to be unanimous. The president is trying to do stuff through NATO now. 

I'm not sure what we should do, as i'm a little bit conflicted. I feel like we should do the moral thing, but i'm not sure if we should get involved in another war, especially since it might cause a world conflict due to the system of allies. I mean, we had the attitude of "We should worry about our own affairs" at first in WWII, when millions of people were being killed at first. Should we just sit back and watch people get killed? I'm not really sure. I know that if Syria were to start attacking somewhere else, we would probably go to war. 

What is your opinion? 

(This is a slam poetry about Syria. Pretty sure that this was before the chemical warfare thing, but it still addresses the issues going on in Syria) 

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#2 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

POPULAR

The last time the US meddled in other people's affairs, 9/11 happened.

So I'm on the fence on whether or not the US should stick its head where it doesn't belong.

Edited by Tom, 29 August 2013 - 04:19 PM.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#3 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

The last time the US meddled in other people's affairs, 9/11 happened.

So I'm on the fence on whether or not the US should stick its head where it doesn't belong.

this is true, even though we had a purpose for going in and fighting and others joined because of 9/11 it just got strung out due to politics and now a lot of people bash the US for being there, if we intervene in Syria this will most likely happen again except there may be more issues due to Russia and China

I agree something needs to be done but the issue is we already have our hands tied in one war if we go sticking our heads into this one it can cause much more trouble then we need.

Maybe it is time for some other nation to play world police

Edited by Tenmei Mikogami, 29 August 2013 - 04:42 PM.

wjapt2.jpg

#4 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:50 PM

We need to ignore the situation. We are already in one war, we have more pressing issues, and we are risking getting attacked ourselves. Besides look what happened in Vietnam.

Signature_DK.png

#5 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

Yeah, let's kep out of this. We're already in enough debt and I feel like we cant afford it. Also uprisings have worked themselves out in the past. If we do help, it should only be medically IMO.

#6 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

We need to ignore the situation. We are already in one war, we have more pressing issues, and we are risking getting attacked ourselves. Besides look what happened in Vietnam.

I don't think we should ignore the situation completely. I mean, people are getting murdered by the masses. Then again, I don't think we should go into a war with Syria and their allies. 

I don't believe it is moral to do nothing when people by the masses are getting killed. We were at one point aware that jewish people were being killed in World War II, but we eventually intervened. Should we really just sit by and do nothing and let the situation get worse? 

fox.gif

#7 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

Yeah, let's kep out of this. We're already in enough debt and I feel like we cant afford it. Also uprisings have worked themselves out in the past. If we do help, it should only be medically IMO.

Exactly.

I don't think we should ignore the situation completely. I mean, people are getting murdered by the masses. Then again, I don't think we should go into a war with Syria and their allies. 

I don't believe it is moral to do nothing when people by the masses are getting killed. We were at one point aware that jewish people were being killed in World War II, but we eventually intervened. Should we really just sit by and do nothing and let the situation get worse? 

We should try to negotiate and if not oh well...

Signature_DK.png

#8 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

No matter what, I don't believe that the current global condition is stable. I believe something very big is bound to happen in the next twenty years (That's when the Baby Boomers go on pension. Don't tell me that the USA is ready for the major income population to become the mayor expense population).

It might be good to just find the can opener and get it over with.

Edited by grahamf, 29 August 2013 - 05:31 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#9 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

Exactly.

We should try to negotiate and if not oh well...

A negotiation between Syria to ask to not kill it's own innocent people? Yeah, i'm sure that will work out just fine. It's not like we are acting on our own. NATO and the UN is involved in this as well. 

fox.gif

#10 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

From what I heard the US is trying to get NATO to do something, the US is also thinking of using an air strike to take out the dictators air force

wjapt2.jpg

#11 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

From what I heard the US is trying to get NATO to do something, the US is also thinking of using an air strike to take out the dictators air force

I hope NATO does something. The least thing we need is two wars at once.

Signature_DK.png

#12 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

<redacted>

Edited by grahamf, 29 August 2013 - 05:34 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#13 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

<redacted>

......he edited his post so this wont make any sense

Edited by Tenmei Mikogami, 29 August 2013 - 05:39 PM.

wjapt2.jpg

#14 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

http://www.theatlant...on-unit/259856/

*cough*

Even if Assad was assassinated, i'm not sure the rebels would be able to maintain a good government. There would have to be some kind of supervision. 

fox.gif

#15 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

ok think about this, if we had our president assassinated today by another country what would happen? war is what would happen, also that may cause the nation to go into yet more chaos due to how unstable it already is

Unless the Republicans can spin it as a blessing, then you just get a civil war and the other country gets off scot free.

#16 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

*cough*

Even if Assad was assassinated, i'm not sure the rebels would be able to maintain a good government. There would have to be some kind of supervision. 

It would be a huge mess. Another reason not to get involved IMO.

*cough*

It would be a huge mess. Another reason not to get involved IMO.

Signature_DK.png

#17 stardust

stardust

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

If the US was so concerned, I believe they would have done something by now.  That's my military experience speaking.

#18 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:47 PM

If the US was so concerned, I believe they would have done something by now.  That's my military experience speaking.

they are trying to get something done via NATO right now and a possible air strike

wjapt2.jpg

#19 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

they are trying to get something done via NATO right now and a possible air strike

Not much we can do about it but it is still a risky move in my opinion.

Signature_DK.png

#20 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:15 PM

I prefer isolationism It worked really well and since it stopped look what has happened we are almost always in expensive wars and for the most part unnecessary wars that makes lots of enemies and not a lot of friends. I also feel that it is bad because a lot of wars last more than 4 years and if we have one president start a war with some type of end goal in mind the other president probably won't see eye to eye with him and immediately end the war basically making the war pointless. I understand why we stopped  isolationism and not just to end world war 2 but also the reasons not on the surface, but I feel like being isolated would have been a lot better stance than the worlds police.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!