#1 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

Sorry for another thread but there's like 5 random Rayman threads that don't even discuss the game.
So how are you liking it? I've been super excited and am about to fire it up for the first time. My impressions will come later. I love Rayman Origins also btw.

#2 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

My opinion is stated in my review (link in signature). I think it outshines most 2D platform games, especially the Mario ones.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#3 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

The best sidescrolling platformer ever forged, next to super mario world in the hall of fame. 10/10 goty 2013

794144.png?13383682

#4 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:06 AM

Yep, this is Nintendo quality and polish, but its not made by Nintendo.  Rayman Legends outclasses the New Super Mario Bros games in pretty much every area.  If your into platformers, then you owe it to yourself to play this game.  Graphics are gorgeous, the gameplay is excellent, a little floaty at first, but you quickly get used to that, and the charm is through the roof.  This will win the best game nobody played award this year.  I hope it sells well, and if my local retailer being nearly sold out is any indication, then maybe its doing ok, but the likelihood of selling Mario numbers is nil.  Great game solo, and an even better game with others.  I love it.     

#5 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:29 AM

I haven't gotten the game yet, still a litle upset with u isoft for what they did. But from the demo i played it was really fun.

#6 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

I haven't gotten the game yet, still a litle upset with u isoft for what they did. But from the demo i played it was really fun.

I was salty about that as well, but the demo and challenge app sold me on this game.  Im still ticked at Ubisoft, but the actual development team did a heck of a job. 

#7 erics

erics

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

Support Rayman, guys. 2d platformers are not common and we have to do our part.

New Super Mario Bros. U, ZombiU, Darksiders II, Lego City Undercover, Little Inferno, New Super Luigi U, Earthbound, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101...

#8 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

Support Rayman, guys. 2d platformers are not common and we have to do our part.

What's his paypal email addy?

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#9 erics

erics

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

If you're going to try and be funny, it helps
to actually say something funny.

New Super Mario Bros. U, ZombiU, Darksiders II, Lego City Undercover, Little Inferno, New Super Luigi U, Earthbound, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101...

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

If you're going to try and be funny, it helps
to actually say something funny.

I'd have a battle of wits with you but I see your unarmed. Now back on topic, yes I think Ubisoft should still be supported greatly if you own a Wii U. This game is superb on Wii U even if it's multiplat.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#11 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

Game is so amazing, and looks to be PACKED with content. I have yet to try multiplayer but will get my girlfriend and nephews to jump in. I love the challenges also. I just wish I had more time to play! Too busy right now.

For me, and I've only played maybe 10 levels, it's going to be up there for goty with WWHD. Platforming perfection.

#12 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

Probably getting it next weekend or, the week after. Same some money up  from my part-time job...

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#13 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

I finished the game this afternoon. Still have about 65% to go until 100%. Great game.

Also the invasion levels with dark rayman are crazy hard 

794144.png?13383682

#14 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

I'd have a battle of wits with you but I see your unarmed. Now back on topic, yes I think Ubisoft should still be supported greatly if you own a Wii U. This game is superb on Wii U even if it's multiplat.

I see what you did there, he's unarmed. Eh? Eeeeh? Haha.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#15 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

Only on the 4th world so far, but I've beaten everything in the first 3 worlds 100% (besides the invasion levels I haven't unlocked). The Origins stages are fun, really nice to replay them. The OST is amazing. I really love the renditions of the theme from the first level for the first world boss and invasion level with the Skeleton Mariachi Band.

#16 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:40 PM

May pick up at discount.

But by then, DK, new Mario, Zelda, etc. will be out, so may not pick it up.

Pikmin and Splinter Cell keeping busy for now.

probably a great game.

Just poor timing.

#17 itogi

itogi

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • NNID:Shiranko
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Okami & SSB

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

Funny thing is that the Wii U version of Rayman Legends is selling out and yet the Wii U is doing badly. 

5R5PY4h.jpg

#18 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

Rayman Legends might be the best game for Wii U so far. Great platforming, addictive gameplay, content galore, and excellent use of the GamePad. Multiplayer amplifies the fun factor whether your buddy is Murphy or a traditional character.

#19 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

Rayman Legends might be the best game for Wii U so far. Great platforming, addictive gameplay, content galore, and excellent use of the GamePad. Multiplayer amplifies the fun factor whether your buddy is Murphy or a traditional character.

I wouldn't say the "best," but in terms of this console's pull, it's probably the most appropriate for the console so far. I still like ZombiU the most. :D

#20 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

I laughed...

Yeah love Rayman. I bought a Wii U for Pikmin 3 and Rayman Legends and I've not been disappointed.
It is a little floaty, and in terms of pure platforming NSMBU is better, but Rayman is a much more creative and interesting game, much more interesting level design, music, a ton of content.

The online challenges are also brilliant, as is the co-op stuff on the gamepad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!