Photo

Multiplayer Opinion

Multiplayer local online opinion poll

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Multiplayer Opinion (6 member(s) have cast votes)

What Multiplayer modes do you enjoy more?

1. Online Multiplayer (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. Local Multiplayer (5 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

3. I'm a lone wolf, WOLF, WOOF!! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

If you like local, Which do you prefer?

1. Splitscreen Style (5 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. Single screen Style (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. Party/ Turnbased style (0 votes [0.00%])

4. I don't like Local (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:37 PM

As the WiiU's agonizingly distant (and unknown) release date slides closer i was wondering people's opinion on multiplayer style. Which do you prefer, why, what experiences have you had with each?(not just nintendo by the way). I'm also hoping the WiiU has multiple screened controller support to see how this effects Local multiplayer, spliting the screen may no longer be the only way to get a full experience for each player. What do you think? And if you prefer single player than you're a wolf and are unable to type coherent english.
Posted Image

#2 Peach Bloom

Peach Bloom

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • NNID:elviswjr
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, MLP:FiM, Adventure Time

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:44 PM

I prefer local splitscreen multiplayer. I'm pretty terrible at most games so I usually get my butt kicked online and I like to have my own portion of the screen instead of having to share it.
With the Wii U it will be interesting to see how they make use of the controller screens. Maybe they could make games that have a map overview/scoreboard on the TV and each player has their own screen on the controller or split screen on the TV and individual stats/items/info on each controller.

Edited by elviswjr, 22 September 2011 - 04:50 PM.

F1jKB.gif

#3 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:06 PM

Hopefully Nintendo will realize the value of individual screens while friends are in the same room (countless ways to use it). And that would directly equal (or surpass) Sony's Splitscreen-less TV (where two players see a different image) but this would offer 4-player and with still a fifth screen.
The days of screen peeking are numbered, the days of fun strategy (and custom robo return) are soon arriving
Posted Image

#4 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:47 PM

OH MAN! THAT ONE TIME WHERE I COULD POST A RELEVANT VIDEO AND CANNOT FIND IT!!!

... *sigh*

Woe is me...

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#5 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:20 PM

I prefer online multiplayer by a huge leap. One, a lot of people buy their consoles for their online functionality, like me for instance. I also think that local multiplayer for a console is too boring, depending on the game anyway. I think the 3DS is awesome for local multiplayer, but the Wii U will be perfect for online multiplayer. I can see Nintendo taking a big leap forward in the right direction.

Edited by nintendo3DS, 22 September 2011 - 07:20 PM.

#6 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:43 PM

Serious time now.

I personally get more joy playing anonymously online by this username than locally with people I know. I mean, I could play all day long... my friends... not so much.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#7 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:46 PM

I like both but i like the atmoshere when playing next to friends, party-esque. But that being said, I also like to mix the two. I remember i was playing Online COD:MW2 at my friends house (we played two rounds then switched sorta thing), and we were playing online with another friend. But when i wasn't playing it was hard to be part of a conversation cause that game only supported on mic at a time. Thats why i hope the WiiU will have many games that use WiiSpeak (even though most people hate it). If lots of my friends get WiiU's then i could easily set up that party atmosphere while only having one phisical guest.
Posted Image

#8 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:22 PM

I prefer playing local online. What do I mean? Playing with a bunch of friends in my house against another bunch of friends in someone else's house.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Multiplayer, local, online, opinion, poll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!