Photo

Any ideas to make the site more appealing?

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#41 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

That was months ago. 

If you were to ban them rightly away if they started trouble, that's a solution.

Edited by Smoke Meth HAIL SATAN, 08 September 2013 - 12:06 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#42 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

Several users here proved otherwise.

Ok so I read through pretty much the first page. I only saw one person say they thought chat was a worse way to get to know people. And that doesn't make sense to me. I don't want to give away my skype, I can't just talk randomly on actual topics, and I'm not gonna just up and PM people out of the blue. In fact most people seemed disappointed by it's disappearance. Yes, they understood why, but they didn't WANT to see it go. IMO, If the troublemakers are gone, why not bring it back? If they come back, why not ban them? JS.

This is essentially what I'm talking about (straight from that thread you linked)

"Blake and I grew as friends, and some new guys got thrown into the mix. Over time, we had our group of regulars that would go in there, and have fun after a tiring day of just life... These people were slowly changing and evolving from people that sat behind an avatar, into real world people, and real world friends. We started swapping pictures, playing games together, watching movies, and hell even voice chatting with one another. These are things that friends do, not people who are just talking avatars with opinions." -Mignana

IMO chat is one of the most useful tools in turning a forum, into a community.

That was months ago. 

If you were to ban them rightly away if they started trouble, that's a solution.

Also this.

Edited by xWydrAx, 08 September 2013 - 01:11 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#43 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

mournblade had plenty of opportunities to ban the idiots, he didn't.
He banned some and they started "movements" on the forum and statuses, and he caved.

mournblade is too nice, and too close to certain troublemakers for chat to work.
He could appoint a certified dick to moderate chat, like zinix and that might work.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#44 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

Probably. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#45 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

mournblade had plenty of opportunities to ban the idiots, he didn't.
He banned some and they started "movements" on the forum and statuses, and he caved.

mournblade is too nice, and too close to certain troublemakers for chat to work.
He could appoint a certified dick to moderate chat, like zinix and that might work.

Maybe the answer in the problem. All we need to do is create a movement to get chat back, then when people get banned, and people make movements to get them back, we create counter-movements!

2-ez

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#46 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

Maybe the answer in the problem. All we need to do is create a movement to get chat back, then when people get banned, and people make movements to get them back, we create counter-movements!
2-ez

I made counter movements for them for the lols.
The chat regulars hated me so much because of it it was hilarious.

Rule breakers should be punished, the problem mournblade was having was that he didn't see some things as breaking the rules as such, so he'd do nothing or just say calm down to them.
Also he'd usually only uphold the rules in there if someone took issue with it and reported it to him, despite him actually being present most of the time when the attacks on people etc. would occur.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#47 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

Why hasn't Feld0 looked into selling this place? There's plenty of people who would buy it.

#48 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

Chat was here for years, then 3dsforums.com members arrived and destroyed it in the space of 6 months.

lmao ipb, i was so tempted to leave that in but nah.

A chatbox that can be viewed from the front page would be a good idea.

2-ez

As I just told Nollog the best idea would be a chatbox that can be viewed from the front just like 3DSF

Signature_DK.png

#49 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

A chatbox that can be viewed from the front page would be a good idea.

As I just told Nollog the best idea would be a chatbox that can be viewed from the front just like 3DSF

I guess that could work, but I don't think it would be THAT helpful :/

tbh I don't even really see why anything except for stricter enforcement should be changed

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#50 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

They are too lazy to add new features, even though they can appoint new people to moderate and stop thinking they're going to blow the forums up.

#51 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

They are too lazy to add new features, even though they can appoint new people to moderate and stop thinking they're going to blow the forums up.

:(

Maybe we should revolt...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#52 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:53 AM

Maybe Mournblade should start looking for an active tech admin to take over his roles since really can't come on here anymore. 

Edited by Smoke Meth HAIL SATAN, 10 September 2013 - 05:54 AM.

#53 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

Maybe Mournblade should start looking for an active tech admin to take over his roles since really can't come on here anymore. 

Why can't he come on here?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#54 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

The problem is Feld0, not Mournblade.

Signature_DK.png

#55 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

Just wondering, but is this site HTML5 compliant? I have a Blackberry 10 device which rocks the html5 test but the submit button doesn't work in the full site. It works on the mobile site, but the mobile site doesn't have quoting, editing, or any formatting options.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#56 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

Just wondering, but is this site HTML5 compliant? I have a Blackberry 10 device which rocks the html5 test but the submit button doesn't work in the full site. It works on the mobile site, but the mobile site doesn't have quoting, editing, or any formatting options.

As far as I know, it is.  The full site works just fine on mt phone.

#57 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

It is, there's no flash, so that makes it "html5" compatible.
Your phone probably doesn't know some of the functions of the javascript the forum is trying to use.

ajax is gay and this is just one reason why

Edited by Nollog, 10 September 2013 - 04:20 PM.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#58 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

My phone runs flash and I leave it turned on.

And "no Flash" doesn't necessarily mean "HTML5 compliant". It could be using depreciated functions or functions improperly.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#59 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

My phone runs flash and I leave it turned on.

And "no Flash" doesn't necessarily mean "HTML5 compliant". It could be using depreciated functions or functions improperly.

I mean for the buzzword people.

html5 compliant is <doctyle html>

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#60 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:26 AM

Lets make Nollog Admin, she'll be a good one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!