• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:48 AM

That doesn't sound nearly as witty as you think it does.

I'm not trying to be witty. I think it's laughable that you think you know better than a company that has been around for several decades. That's what I'm saying.

#22 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:31 AM

I'm not trying to be witty. I think it's laughable that you think you know better than a company that has been around for several decades. That's what I'm saying.

Yes, it is incredibly laughable that a consumer may actually have a valid opinion on the product they are purchasing considering the fact that consumer's decision to purchase a product is what makes or breaks a product's success. How silly of me to have an opinion that is shared among many others. I was able to overlook the Wii U's flaws and purchased it anyway others with my opinion wouldn't dare touch the product.

Nintendo isn't going to sink and the Wii U isn't a total failure, but I am certain the improvements I posted would have helped the Wii U sell more units to a broader range of "hard-core" gamers and not just Nintendo fans.

You'd be surprised how often a consumer will suggest smarter decisions than the guys in suits. 

#23 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:36 AM

Frank Gibeau vice president of EA:

EA will accept truckloads of money from companies to screw over their competition.

Now, take this with a grain of salt. As EA claims this statement was just taking out of context amid an internal meeting.

‘A comment from an internal meeting taken out of context has created an unfortunate misunderstanding'

Of course, clearly if we had the rest of the conversation, this:

“Apple gave us a truckload of money to delay the Android version [of Plants vs Zombies 2],” said Frank Gibeau, head of EA Labels."

Would absolutely REALLY mean something other than EA uses their filthy clout in the industry to screw purposefully screw over platform holders, and can be paid by others to do it.

I think were done here.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#24 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:04 AM

That is terrible, but it doesn't surprise me either.  I hate EA as a publisher, but they do have some talented developers.  I love Criterion, and unfortunately they work for EA.  Crytek is super talented on the technical side, but also work for EA.  There is most certainly an ugly side to the game industry, its not a hobby/passion for publishers, its simply a business.  That's why I don't really take EA's lack of support as a personal attack on Nintendo, they simply feel that by not supporting Wii U they are actually helping their business.  They dont have to devote resources to port games to Wii U, and on top of that, they are pushing customers towards products they already support.  I think EA see's Nintendo as competition and not as a partner.     

#25 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

3rd party lack of support is due to:-

1.Sales: wii u has poor sales
2. Nintendo fans only buy zelda
3.Wii U is the weakest next gen console
4. Nintendo titles doesnt suite all gamers

#26 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

1. Obviously.

2. Well, they are Nintendo fans, so it's only natural they buy Nintendo games.

3. That wasn't a problem in like, every generation that came before.

4. Say what?

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#27 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:48 AM

You spelled "Nintendo is for babies" wrong.

I find it strange ubisoft thought they needed to boost next years earnings by pissing off their consumers.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!