Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

Breakfast just got meatier at the Golden Arches.

McDonald’s Corp. (MCD) is introducing a new “thick, juicy steak” for the morning crowd, Lisa McComb, a spokeswoman for the Oak Brook, Illinois-based company, said in an e-mail. Customers can get steak on any breakfast sandwich and the new morning fare will be featured in advertisements, she said.

The fast-food chain began introducing the steak across the U.S. last month and is continuing to roll it out now, she said. It will be sold in about 9,600 of the chain’s more than 14,100 domestic locations, she said. A steak, egg and cheese biscuit with grilled onions has 540 calories -- 10 less than a Big Mac - - while a steak patty on an English muffin packs 430 calories.

McDonald’s has been overhauling its menu this year in an effort to attract American diners, who are cash-strapped and also seeing more new items from Wendy’s Co. and Burger King Worldwide Inc. (BKW) McDonald’s has recently introduced a 250-calorie egg-white sandwich, chicken McWraps and this month is rolling out chicken wings in the U.S. It’s also testing a different Dollar Menu with items priced as much as $5.

“Consumers want new and interesting and different,” Bryan Elliott, an Atlanta-based analyst at Raymond James Financial Inc., said in an interview. The steak sandwiches are part of McDonald’s strategy to have both high-priced items and also value fare, he said.

The steak sandwiches will probably be a “premium product at a premium price, so it’s meant to continue to work on that barbell pricing strategy,” he said. “Steak is one of the most expensive proteins out there.”

Trailed Estimates

McDonald’s earnings have trailed analysts’ estimates in the past two quarters. The company is scheduled to report August same-store sales tomorrow. U.S. sales at stores open at least 13 months rose 1.6 percent in July after falling in June.

The world’s largest restaurant chain rose 0.2 percent to $96.45 yesterday in New York. McDonald’s has gained 9.3 percent this year, trailing a 16 percent increase for the Standard & Poor’s 500 Restaurants Index.

Selling steak in the morning hours may put McDonald’s in competition with some fast-casual dining chains, including Panera Bread Co. (PNRA), that sell steak for breakfast. Panera sells a 630-calorie steak and egg breakfast sandwich with white cheddar cheese on a bagel. Cosi Inc. (COSI) sells a breakfast wrap with steak, eggs, pesto and provolone that has 508 calories.

Wendy’s, based in Dublin, Ohio, last year backed off testing breakfast foods after it wasn’t satisfied with its financial performance. Miami-based Burger King doesn’t sell steak for breakfast, according to its website.

There are about 34,700 McDonald’s restaurants worldwide, of which about 81 percent are franchised.

http://www.bloomberg...u-overhaul.html

Steak from... McDonalds? That's probably rubber. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

Made from ten percent actual meat.

Signature_DK.png

#3 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

Well, its more meat than it would have been seeing as they banned that pink slime stuff.

#4 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

Steak for breakfast? I'm pretty sure that's something you have for dinner.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#5 Mocha Bear

Mocha Bear

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Persona, Spiderman, Sonic

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

I would make a Persona 4 joke but I'm not sure if anyone would get it.

But seriously, does anyone actually eat steak for breakfast? :blink:

- You're so money and you don't even know it!

- D-Dude, don't get me wrong, okay? It's just guy love, right? Between two guys?

#6 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

Steak for breakfast? I'm pretty sure that's something you have for dinner.

But seriously, does anyone actually eat steak for breakfast? :blink:

Four words. Steak and egg burritos.....

Signature_DK.png

#7 Mocha Bear

Mocha Bear

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Persona, Spiderman, Sonic

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

Four words. Steak and egg burritos.....

Just looked it up. I don't know what to make of them, are they good?

- You're so money and you don't even know it!

- D-Dude, don't get me wrong, okay? It's just guy love, right? Between two guys?

#8 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

TheUltimateWaddleDee, on 11 Sept 2013 - 9:34 PM, said:Steak for breakfast? I'm pretty sure that's something you have for dinner.
Some bodybuilders do, I used to do it too.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#9 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

Wait... those puny little biscuit sandwiches will be only ten calories less than a big mac? I'd rather just get the one that's at least x2 as big. Geeze what are those biscuits made out of, pure lard?

Posted Image

#10 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

I have a question to all Americans out there. Is the hype over McDonald as big as it used to be a few years ago? There are legends all around Europe about many Americans eating nothing but McDonalds and being fat only because of it and that's like a high percentage of the whole population.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#11 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:02 PM

you get all sorts of people. here in Canada one of my friends (not a close one) recently went to Hong Kong for a week, and literally all he ate was McDonalds breakfasts. Not even the lunches, because they were different.

I don't go to McDonalds much myself, and when I do I usually get a fillet 'o fish or a Cesar Signature Wrap.

Edited by grahamf, 11 September 2013 - 11:03 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#12 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

Getting steak from McDonalds is like getting sushi from a gas station.

I have a question to all Americans out there. Is the hype over McDonald as big as it used to be a few years ago? There are legends all around Europe about many Americans eating nothing but McDonalds and being fat only because of it and that's like a high percentage of the whole population.

Uh...it's a big chain, but I'd hate to eat nothing but McDonalds considering most of their food is fake.

The ketchup was disgusting the last time I was there. So thin/filled with corn syrup

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#13 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

Depends on what you mean by "nothing but McDonalds". I'm not aware of any hype over it years ago either. Only difference is that now it's more obvious how unhealthy it is so it lost even more class than a fast food place could have to begin with.

Anyways, if you mean literally, I don't think many people at all would only eat fast food in any country.

If you mean frequently, then yeah I suppose it's true, and perhaps less people eat there frequently. I had a period of almost always getting breakfasts from the McDonald's on my block before getting onto my schoolbus because I was tired of my usual options and find it hard to eat right after waking, but then I stopped when I noticed I was gaining weight. Quick, convenient and relatively cheap is just kinda hard to resist lol.

Posted Image

#14 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

Most of the people I know, including myself and my family, try to avoid McDonald's because they don't have that great quality of food. 

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#15 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

"YOU NEED TO EAT MORE MEAT!"

"Don't think, feel..."

"Steeeeeeak?!"

"'fsteak fskewers"

"The traditional food of Inaba is steak, so we figured we'd also do our part"

"The loser has to buy steak skewers for everyone"

Edited by He Who Violated the Forum, 12 September 2013 - 06:44 PM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#16 Chaotix

Chaotix

Team Nerd

• Section Mods
  • 728 posts
  • NNID:Chaot1x
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

"YOU NEED TO EAT MORE MEAT!"

"Don't think, feel..."

"Steeeeeeak?!"

"'fsteak fskewers"

"The traditional food of Inaba is steak, so we figured we'd also do our part"

"The loser has to buy steak skewers for everyone"

Sounds like auzzie will be going to macca's a lot now. =P

eEG8Ies.png

#17 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

Yeah right.

They pay way too much for the small amount they give you.

Better off going to a Subway or making your own sammich.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#18 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

[deleted, wrong forum]

Edited by grahamf, 12 September 2013 - 09:16 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#19 ifrit05

ifrit05

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:22 AM

I work at a McDonald's and we've had the Steak and Egg Bagels for like 2 years now. It's actually pretty tasty. Ouch my arteries.... 

ifrit05s.png

Nintendo Network ID: ifrit05

Wii U Deluxe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!