Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

This is sick

Steam Family Sharing, an upcoming service from Valve, will allow Steam users to share their games with friends and family, the company announced today.

The service is designed to allow "close friends and family members" to share a library of games while Steam tracks achievements and save data for each individual user, said Valve in a press release.

"Our customers have expressed a desire to share their digital games among friends and family members, just as current retail games, books, DVDs, and other physical media can be shared," said Valve's Anna Sweet. "Family Sharing was created in direct response to these user requests."

According to Valve's FAQ for Steam Family Sharing, a user can authorize his or her entire Steam library — it's all or nothing, since individual games can't be selected — for use by friends and family on up to 10 different computers. That includes games and their add-on content, although friends won't be able to purchase additional DLC for a game they don't own.

Not every game will support Steam Family Sharing, and regional restrictions will still exist: You wouldn't be able to authorize an Australian friend to play the North American version of Saints Row 4, for example. A shared library can only be accessed by one user at a time, so even a user on a previously authorized device will be locked out if someone else is already playing. The lender retains priority access; if another user is playing and the lender logs on, the user will be given "a few minutes" to buy the game for him or herself, or quit playing.

Valve will begin running a limited beta for Steam Family Sharing next week; Steam users can join the Family Sharing group in the Steam Community to express their interest in participating.

http://www.polygon.c...y-sharing-valve

All hail the great and mighty Gaben 

P3wXq-216x300.jpg

Its a good day to be a PC gamer

#2 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

Pc master race fo life.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#3 Mocha Bear

Mocha Bear

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Persona, Spiderman, Sonic

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

"The lender retains priority access; if another user is playing and the lender logs on, the user will be given "a few minutes" to buy the game for him or herself, or quit playing."

I don't know why but the thought of someone kicking their friends/family off of a game like this makes me chuckle a little.

Still very cool you're allowed to do this.

- You're so money and you don't even know it!

- D-Dude, don't get me wrong, okay? It's just guy love, right? Between two guys?

#4 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

I want all the games.

#5 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

I have no use for it, meh.

#6 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:34 PM

Meh I still want portal 3

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#7 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

Still confuzzled

794144.png?13383682

#8 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:30 AM

Still confuzzled

you can share a game with 9 other people.

Only 1 person can play the game at any 1 time.

The OWNER of the game can kick whoever is playing the game off.

You can't give a european an american game.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

I own over 300 games I've never played, add me and I'd share pretty much anything.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:50 AM

wasn't the family sharing microsoft was trying to do better?

Why did everybody complain about that but not this?

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#11 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:15 AM

wasn't the family sharing microsoft was trying to do better?
Why did everybody complain about that but not this?

Because Steam isn't taking anything away in doing this. Microsoft would have done.

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

I got in the beta today, it works by authorizing all the games you own for the current machine, and you can have a list of machines you can authorize them on.

So it's pretty useless for sharing with internet friends unless you want to share your steam account details which would probably get you banned.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

I got in the beta today, it works by authorizing all the games you own for the current machine, and you can have a list of machines you can authorize them on.

So it's pretty useless for sharing with internet friends unless you want to share your steam account details which would probably get you banned.

knew there had to be a catch, that sucks. have a bunch of games I don't play either.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gaben, is, God

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!