Photo

How to/do I get a better picture for your/my Wii? (Composite cables?)

Wii Graphic Help Support

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:48 AM

Someone just told me you can get a better picture on your Wii then the out-of-the-box one?

How? Just use a HD cable like this: http://www.amazon.co...16886993&sr=8-5

Posted Image

Is this a good brand? Is there another better one?

What exactly do I need to do? Just buy this cable, plug it in, and then change the graphics settings in the Wii?

Is this only good(/make a noticiable difference) for HD T.V.'s?
Also good for normal ones?

I'm sorry for this many questions, but I'm delighted of the thought to be able to have better graphics on my!

Any response is appreciated and I'm sorry if a thread like this already exists (don't think so).

Thanks!

Sorry for not doing the best/clearest post, but I'm just very glad/happy in the moment.

Edit:

Noticed that on the tv I use for gaming, there's only the RGB (well just 3) plugs. Is there any way to get a better quality on them?

Edited by Brian6330, 24 September 2011 - 12:31 PM.

#2 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:51 AM

I know from experience that there is actually official component cables for the Wii made by Nintendo. I also know that while it does make the picture sharper, the maximum resolution will still be 480p, regardless of which set you use. However, if you plan to use these on a regular/HD TV, just remember to make sure it has the composite cable input. That should be enough of an answer to your question.

Also, the cables are composite cables, not HD cables. All Component cables will really do is increase the clarity of the video.

Edited by Lord N, 24 September 2011 - 10:55 AM.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#3 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:51 AM

Oh damn... well, what if you only have the 3 plugs? It won't make a difference then, will it?

In other words, this only helps if you have a hd/modern-ish tv, not if you have that's a little older and only has the 3 plugs -_-

#4 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:02 PM

I saw a small feature about cables like these on the Gadget Show recently. It might have been a different type of cable, but basically they compared a high-end cable with a cheap one. There wasn't much difference between the two cables in terms of picture quality, so I wouldn't bother buying a separate one if the Wii U includes one.

#5 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:32 PM

I saw a small feature about cables like these on the Gadget Show recently. It might have been a different type of cable, but basically they compared a high-end cable with a cheap one. There wasn't much difference between the two cables in terms of picture quality, so I wouldn't bother buying a separate one if the Wii U includes one.

I'm not gonna be buying the Wii U in the year it's released... focusing more on my 3DS and saving money to buy a "Steinway" Grand Piano...

#6 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:37 PM

While the component cables will not magically make the Wii HD, the progressive scan they do provide effectively doubles the resolution (if you understand how interlacing works, 480i is basically 720x240 while 480p is 720x480). On a TV that supports progressive scan, the difference in clarity can be quite stunning. It's no HD, but there is still a very noticeable improvement.

My TV has component inputs, but sadly doesn't support progressive scan. But even on that, the component cables produce a significantly more vivid and colourful image than the composite ones do, even though there is no difference in clarity. This is because component cables give each RGB channel a dedicated cable while composite forces all of them into a single one.

If you're looking to buy component cables, I'd strongly recommend you grab the official ones. They're very high quality, and work wonderfully. But if your TV doesn't even have component inputs on it... well, then you're not gonna be able to use them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii, Graphic, Help, Support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!