• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

Ok. .. this game looks awesome. But where is the rabid, frothing at the mouth need more pics hyper-super fan, gotta have more, let's talk about this game until we can't stand it anymore marketing?

This is our great game coming just for us.

Come on! We hear more about games on systems that aren't even out yet!

Let's see some links.

Hear some theories!

Drown ourselves in robot-human love.

I can start with some obvious stuff:

http://m.ign.com/gam...ed/wii-u-112162

http://m.ign.com/wik...olith-project-x

Sorry. .. at work. Can't do too much. But lets hype this thing up!

Our just ignore this and it will go away.

#2 hammers2332

hammers2332

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • NNID:hammers2332

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:25 AM

I can't wait for this game. From the 'one' trailer I have seen it looks amazing. When is it going to be released in Europe?

#3 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

Ok. .. this game looks awesome. But where is the rabid, frothing at the mouth need more pics hyper-super fan

That would be 3Dude

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

I can't wait for this game. From the 'one' trailer I have seen it looks amazing. When is it going to be released in Europe?

You havent seen the second trailer? Or is it the first you missed?

Either way they are both musts. The second trailer shows a massive leap in visual fidelity and showcases different locales... and has a jpop song from a popular anime songwriter i guess? Something about attacking on the titans... (Sawano) Its entirely in english and about (surprise) a deadbeat good for nothin god. Yup, definately a Xeno game.

The first trailer showcases his amazing orchestrated music.

That would be 3Dude

This is the truthiest of truths.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 hammers2332

hammers2332

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:50 AM

Not seen second trailer 3Dude. Going to watch it when I get home from watching the football. Tbh the first trailer got me hooked. Is the second trailer the second link posted by op. Got no WiFi at mo so can't check.

#6 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:56 AM

Not seen second trailer 3Dude. Going to watch it when I get home from watching the football. Tbh the first trailer got me hooked. Is the second trailer the second link posted by op. Got no WiFi at mo so can't check.

Yeah, both trailers are there the second trailer is on top.

But honestly, all the online video feeds are so bad, even in hd resolutions the compression completely destroys any detail the game has.

Watch it via the eshop's hq option on wii u once you get home. Its still by far the best quality of the trailer.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#7 hammers2332

hammers2332

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

But honestly, all the online video feeds are so bad, even in hd resolutions the compression completely destroys any detail the game has.

Watch it via the eshop's hq option on wii u once you get home. Its still by far the best quality of the trailer.

Ta 3Dude. Will do.

#8 Mocha Bear

Mocha Bear

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Persona, Spiderman, Sonic

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:03 AM

I kind of wish we knew a bit more about what was going on in the game (Apart from what 3Dude pointed out about the song).

Besides that, I'm excited for it.

- You're so money and you don't even know it!

- D-Dude, don't get me wrong, okay? It's just guy love, right? Between two guys?

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

I kind of wish we knew a bit more about what was going on in the game (Apart from what 3Dude pointed out about the song).
Besides that, I'm excited for it.

I wish we had ANY new info on ANYTHING. Im dyin here.

Heres some things Ive pieced together.

The 'main character' is wearing a military uniform, shared by many others, very likely the uniform for military combat mech pilots. Lucky us XD.

The name of the doll showcased in the second trailer is inferno 01.

Shulk is almost undoubtedly not in the game nor has anything to do with the game. This is most likely another monolithsoft red herring, like kosmos in japanese xenoblade print ads, and cian look alike in xenosaga. Its just something they like to do.

The city has a large tower in the center, with a percentage shown in huge numbers. (along with some hexadecimal scrolling numbers that dont seem to have a purpose other than looks).

My guess is thats the city's energy/fuel counter. And running out is bad. Im guessing many of the mission payoffs involve bringing fuel/energy back to the city as well as gold, exp, equipment etc.

Heres my speculation... I think this city is more than a city. I think that its like the thames, or a bigger Yggdrasil from xenogears, I think its a giant craft, that is basically a mobile city, and that tower shows just how much fuel it has left.

Makes sense to me from a game design standpoint as well.

Like xenogears, the dolls require fuel. They can only go so far before needing to be refueled... Which typically happens at the base. If this game really is as big as it looks like its going to be, traveling on foot is going to be entirely too slow to be practical for traveling long distance. Basically you travel via mech, then get out and explore more in depth.

Well, even those mechs have distance limits before needing to return and refuel (undoubtedly upgradable fuel tanks a la xenogears though) So.... Bring the base with you!!!

Just need to make sure it has enough fuel to move to its new destination full of new things to explore, and resources to collect!

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

I am with 3dude on this one.  Cannot wait.  Will be awesome.

Only reason I'm not foaming at the mouth is because we haven't gotten much info recently.  Kinda fades into the back of my mind til I'm reminded.

Only thing I'm worried about is that, considering the emphasis on the "Dolls" (the mechs), that they'll name it Xenodolls or something stupid.  Unfortunately there's a lot of people who would skip a game named that.

Edited by Lightning_Ninja, 14 September 2013 - 10:39 AM.

#11 Mocha Bear

Mocha Bear

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Persona, Spiderman, Sonic

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

I am with 3dude on this one.  Cannot wait.  Will be awesome.

Only reason I'm not foaming at the mouth is because we haven't gotten much info recently.  Kinda fades into the back of my mind til I'm reminded.

Only thing I'm worried about is that, considering the emphasis on the "Dolls" (the mechs), that they'll name it Xenodolls or something stupid.  Unfortunately there's a lot of people who would skip a game named that.

I doubt that they would even consider that as a possibility for a title for that very reason (At least I hope they wouldn't).

I wish we had ANY new info on ANYTHING. Im dyin here.

Heres some things Ive pieced together.

The 'main character' is wearing a military uniform, shared by many others, very likely the uniform for military combat mech pilots. Lucky us XD.

The name of the doll showcased in the second trailer is inferno 01.

Shulk is almost undoubtedly not in the game nor has anything to do with the game. This is most likely another monolithsoft red herring, like kosmos in japanese xenoblade print ads, and cian look alike in xenosaga. Its just something they like to do.

The city has a large tower in the center, with a percentage shown in huge numbers. (along with some hexadecimal scrolling numbers that dont seem to have a purpose other than looks).

My guess is thats the city's energy/fuel counter. And running out is bad. Im guessing many of the mission payoffs involve bringing fuel/energy back to the city as well as gold, exp, equipment etc.

Heres my speculation... I think this city is more than a city. I think that its like the thames, or a bigger Yggdrasil from xenogears, I think its a giant craft, that is basically a mobile city, and that tower shows just how much fuel it has left.

Makes sense to me from a game design standpoint as well.

Like xenogears, the dolls require fuel. They can only go so far before needing to be refueled... Which typically happens at the base. If this game really is as big as it looks like its going to be, traveling on foot is going to be entirely too slow to be practical for traveling long distance. Basically you travel via mech, then get out and explore more in depth.

Well, even those mechs have distance limits before needing to return and refuel (undoubtedly upgradable fuel tanks a la xenogears though) So.... Bring the base with you!!!

Just need to make sure it has enough fuel to move to its new destination full of new things to explore, and resources to collect!

I wouldn't be surprised if you're right about the fuel and the city. The time in the top right corner seems to support the idea of getting fuel before it runs out and the huge walls around the city in the trailer kind of make it seem like the city could be mobile but you know, I just want a release date. XD

Edited by Mocha Bear, 14 September 2013 - 11:06 AM.

- You're so money and you don't even know it!

- D-Dude, don't get me wrong, okay? It's just guy love, right? Between two guys?

#12 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:06 AM

Meh, I don't think it's my kind of game really. I'll have to wait and see, but I've never really enjoyed RPGs so I doubt I will enjoy this one.

The visuals are certainly good though. 

Edited by Hunter, 14 September 2013 - 11:07 AM.

#13 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:13 AM

One of my links has an ign rewind theater with Keza McDonald and some dude breaking it down.

The video on that actually looks much better the the plain trailer I have seen. Check it out.

I want this to be a positive thread, but I seriously question Nintendo's marketing department. They really need to feed us this and "HD Zelda". Then they seem to exist and get people excited.

Nintendo is letting MSONY steal every ounce of thunder.

Kinda sucks.

But I will do everything possible to keep this thread alive! We need good news.

I have been guilty of being angry at some of the Wii U negatives.

This thread is my therapy. 8)

Edited by Dharmanator, 14 September 2013 - 11:14 AM.

#14 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:22 PM

Things have been quiet on the X front partially due to hate for the Wii U. No one WANTS to give the system its props.

This game demands props.

there have been fans that have been frothing over the game. then there are the haters that want to return to the first, barely-there trailer. Then the second one is brought up and they just go away.

Even IGN went crazy over it and they are some of the most ant-Nintendo media out there.

I am surprised that there is not as much continued media coverage of the gaem as well. but it's not out for a while. So it actually makes sense. And I imagine that is the REAL reason we aren't hearing a lot now, even amongst fans.

It was the single most exiting game of E3 and in the midst of having the truly impressive next gen looking Wii U games coming from Nintendo first party, this game really showed what a non-traditional-Nintendo game looks like on Wii U and it was awesome. The great thing is, going by the progress from the first trailer to send in that short of time, the game will be looking even much better by the time we all have it running in our Wii U consoles.

#15 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

I'm hoping this isn't a xenoblade game. I haven't played any of the others yet.

#16 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

This is one of the few games iv'e stuck with the WiiU, Really do hope this is four player online in a team because the trailer shows four players.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#17 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

This is one of the few games iv'e stuck with the WiiU, Really do hope this is four player online in a team because the trailer shows four players.

Yeah, that is a big question. How does the online work? I am sure we all assume those are not computer controlled bots... but they could be.

Can other players jump in to your game and help progress? That obviously would be cool.

I don't think this will be a mainstream system seller, but it does add much needed variety that any system needs, but especially the Wii U.

As far as the relative silence on this game. .. they really need to tease us s bit more. We like it! Learn to flirt Nintendo. It is harmless and keeps us interested.

Edited by Dharmanator, 14 September 2013 - 02:00 PM.

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

The game is absolutely online multi. Monolithsoft is hiring netcoders out the wazoo.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

The game is absolutely online multi. Monolithsoft is hiring netcoders out the wazoo.

wait were did you hear this, i know they have online but were was it said they are hiring them in mass, if large enough we can be looking at well over 4 players playing online together... 

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

wait were did you hear this, i know they have online but were was it said they are hiring them in mass, if large enough we can be looking at well over 4 players playing online together...

google translate monolithsofts website, and check out their hiring requests.

I'm hoping this isn't a xenoblade game. I haven't played any of the others yet.

None of the xeno-games are related game to game story wise. (except the 3 xenosagas).

Its going to be a new ip with a stand alone story.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!