YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

Hello how is everyone doing? Good that's good... Today basically everyone in all my classes was flipping carp crap because of IOS 7... and I'm sitting there with my paper doing work... I never had a phone or anything fancy like that, I ask my parents for one but you have to pay everyone month for it and I don't think I would really call or text one, I really want one because everyone else has one... so IDK what to do... I really do hate apple because of their cheaply made products and stuff, so I had a galaxy S4 on my wishlist for a while, but android products are slow. Then you got IOS which is super fast... since that I don't really think I will use a phone for the "phone" part of it... I was thinking I should get an ipod touch, sure I hate apple with a passion but they make fast products and a simple OS so that's good I guess...

Any help would be appreciated.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#2 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

I prefer oranges

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#3 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

I prefer oranges

I perfer peaches but okay.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#4 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

Yes. 

This is everyone's faces who are excited by IOS7 and iPhone 5 C and S.

obama-derp.jpg

#5 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

Apple is overrated.  but anyways

However, DON'T GET A PHONE JUST CAUSE OTHER PEOPLE DO. You should get an iPhone if you really want one inside. You said you wouldn't call or text someone meaning that you don't desperately need a smartphone. I really don't advise you to get one because they're so damn expensive and you're better off using that money more wisely (e.g. saving it up for the future or whatever). That's just my opinion. I'd rather use £500 or whatever on video games and other stuff :)

Also you said you hate Apple, so I don't see why you'd want an iPhone or whatever, I mean that's like visiting a dictators house or something.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#6 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

Apple is overrated.  but anyways

However, DON'T GET A PHONE JUST CAUSE OTHER PEOPLE DO. You should get an iPhone if you really want one inside. You said you wouldn't call or text someone meaning that you don't desperately need a smartphone. I really don't advise you to get one because they're so damn expensive and you're better off using that money more wisely (e.g. saving it up for the future or whatever). That's just my opinion. I'd rather use £500 or whatever on video games and other stuff :)

Also you said you hate Apple, so I don't see why you'd want an iPhone or whatever, I mean that's like visiting a dictators house or something.

If I were to get a phone, I would get a galaxy S4, but you have to pay every month for a phone, so I was thinking why not buy something that does basically everything a phone does but isn't a phone? Sure I hate apple but they make fast products at least, so I was considering a touch but it could just be me caving into peer pressure because I'm like the only one without an ipod/phone :/

Also thanks for being the only one bothering to actually help :)

sfOI1m6.jpg

#7 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

My mother has an iPad so I had a chance to try out iOS 7, but I prefer my Blackberry Q5. Everything just seems clunky in comparison.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#8 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

Hello how is everyone doing? Good that's good... Today basically everyone in all my classes was flipping carp crap because of IOS 7... and I'm sitting there with my paper doing work... I never had a phone or anything fancy like that, I ask my parents for one but you have to pay everyone month for it and I don't think I would really call or text one, I really want one because everyone else has one... so IDK what to do... I really do hate apple because of their cheaply made products and stuff, so I had a galaxy S4 on my wishlist for a while, but android products are slow. Then you got IOS which is super fast... since that I don't really think I will use a phone for the "phone" part of it... I was thinking I should get an ipod touch, sure I hate apple with a passion but they make fast products and a simple OS so that's good I guess...

Any help would be appreciated.

You call Apple cheaply made, but you think the Gs4 is premium? I'm not a fan of Apple or Samsung. Both of there UI's are ehh, I don't like them. I think if you want the Android experience look into the Moto X, great features, size, quality, and its the fastest Android (as fast/er than the iPhones). Plus it has the simple Stock android UI, which some simpler changes.
I think once people get calmmed down on iOS7, they'll realize it's still the same thing with stuff Android has had for a while.

Stupid Snowmads!

#9 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

My mother has an iPad so I had a chance to try out iOS 7, but I prefer my Blackberry Q5. Everything just seems clunky in comparison.

Well Idk what iOS is all about or any of that android crap :P

You call Apple cheaply made, but you think the Gs4 is premium? I'm not a fan of Apple or Samsung. Both of there UI's are ehh, I don't like them. I think if you want the Android experience look into the Moto X, great features, size, quality, and its the fastest Android (as fast/er than the iPhones). Plus it has the simple Stock android UI, which some simpler changes.
I think once people get calmmed down on iOS7, they'll realize it's still the same thing with stuff Android has had for a while.

Thanks for suggesting a phone, but I'm one of those people that wouldn't buy from a company that they don't really know much about.

I don't nessesarily mean it's premium, I just like all the cool innoative features that iphones don't have.

But if those features are as useless as people make them out to be, maybe it's not worth getting an expensive phone.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#10 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

Well Idk what iOS is all about or any of that android crap :P

Thanks for suggesting a phone, but I'm one of those people that wouldn't buy from a company that they don't really know much about.

I don't nessesarily mean it's premium, I just like all the cool innoative features that iphones don't have.

But if those features are as useless as people make them out to be, maybe it's not worth getting an expensive phone.

Do realize the Blackberry Q5 runs BB10  OS which has nothing to do with Android.

See thats the thing with Marketing. The features aren't as wow as their shown. The Moto X is from Motorola one of Google's OEMS for Android like Samsung, HTC, and ect. Motorola who created the first cell phone, the Droid line on Verizon (The keyboard ones and the droid razrs) with the razr flip phones that used to be on the rage.

It's feautures arn't a big list but defiantly work.
Touchless Control - Using the phrase trained to your voice "Okay Google Now, <command> you can check the weather, set alarms and reminders, play music, and much more. (without draining battery, screen can be off and it still works)
Active Notifications - "Oh I got a text!" it lights up only the pixels it needs to show you the sender, the message, and quick reply. Saves more battery than other methods.

Motorola Migrate & Connect - Migrates your old smartphone to your new one. Read and reply text and see call log from the chrome expansion.

Assist - Similiar to Apple's Do Not disturb mode but also has modes for driving and other stuff.
Best Smartphone Out.

Stupid Snowmads!

#11 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

Do realize the Blackberry Q5 runs BB10  OS which has nothing to do with Android.

See thats the thing with Marketing. The features aren't as wow as their shown. The Moto X is from Motorola one of Google's OEMS for Android like Samsung, HTC, and ect. Motorola who created the first cell phone, the Droid line on Verizon (The keyboard ones and the droid razrs) with the razr flip phones that used to be on the rage.

It's feautures arn't a big list but defiantly work.
Touchless Control - Using the phrase trained to your voice "Okay Google Now, <command> you can check the weather, set alarms and reminders, play music, and much more. (without draining battery, screen can be off and it still works)
Active Notifications - "Oh I got a text!" it lights up only the pixels it needs to show you the sender, the message, and quick reply. Saves more battery than other methods.

Motorola Migrate & Connect - Migrates your old smartphone to your new one. Read and reply text and see call log from the chrome expansion.

Assist - Similiar to Apple's Do Not disturb mode but also has modes for driving and other stuff.
Best Smartphone Out.

Wow! Umm. That sounds like a really cool phone and all.. but I just realized f**k this I don't need all these features :P

sfOI1m6.jpg

#12 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

Their more like enhancement features, you don't need any of them all. But it's essiantly Androids "iPhone" not in terms of popularity, but in smoothness, simpleness, useful, ect. 

Wow! Umm. That sounds like a really cool phone and all.. but I just realized f**k this I don't need all these features :P

Says the one who wanted the GS4 because of the labeled features.

Stupid Snowmads!

#13 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

Their more like enhancement features, you don't need any of them all. But it's essiantly Androids "iPhone" not in terms of popularity, but in smoothness, simpleness, useful, ect. 

Yeah... that's cool and all... so what do you think of apple in terms of their OS? Why do so many people like it? Why do so many people dislike it?

sfOI1m6.jpg

#14 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

"Overrated" is just a word people use when they are upset that something they dislike is getting a lot of attention. Seriously, that word is used far too often these days.

#15 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

Yeah... that's cool and all... so what do you think of apple in terms of their OS? Why do so many people like it? Why do so many people dislike it?

I think people like it because of its simple, ease of use OS, (Until I had to teach some to do simple stuff...). And their "just works" attitude. I think people are starting to dislike it, because it hasen't really changed since it came out. Heck you couldn't even have a wallpaper till what, the 4th one? and their starting to realize that, its just a grid of icons. Which is why Shamesung gained a lot of popularity by advertising the features.
Me I got bored pretty quick, because of its usual look, lack of changeability. I played like one game, and used it for music. Then I just dumped it, would rather use a cheap mp3 player,

Stupid Snowmads!

#16 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

"Overrated" is just a word people use when they are upset that something they dislike is getting a lot of attention. Seriously, that word is used far too often these days.

I heard iOS 7 was basically what android has been using for the past 5 years or so so okay

But yeah when you see like 7 people with apple products around you in a class room, you can tell it's overrated.

I think people like it because of its simple, ease of use OS, (Until I had to teach some to do simple stuff...). And their "just works" attitude. I think people are starting to dislike it, because it hasen't really changed since it came out. Heck you couldn't even have a wallpaper till what, the 4th one? and their starting to realize that, its just a grid of icons. Which is why Shamesung gained a lot of popularity by advertising the features.
Me I got bored pretty quick, because of its usual look, lack of changeability. I played like one game, and used it for music. Then I just dumped it, would rather use a cheap mp3 player,

Oh, well who knows maybe they finally changed it :P

Some people like it for the simple design of the OS.

Edited by YoshiWiiUGamer9, 18 September 2013 - 01:46 PM.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#17 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

The question mark in the title did it for me.

#18 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

Well iOS's control slide up can be located to Samsungs notification controls, control widgets, or the new quick settings in the newer versions. iRadio = Google Play Music All Acess Radio. Multitasking. Different takes on moving wallpaper, but you can only get live wallpaper on android. I wouldn't say 5 years, thats just the Android people trying to put it down that iOS is outdated, which is somewhat untrue.  I've actaully been seeing less of Apple products (just mainly moms and some teenage girls) and more gs3's and 4's.

I heard iOS 7 was basically what android has been using for the past 5 years or so so okay

But yeah when you see like 7 people with apple products around you in a class room, you can tell it's overrated.

Oh, well who knows maybe they finally changed it :P

Some people like it for the simple design of the OS.

Stupid Snowmads!

#19 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

I can go and check my previous emails, text messages, facebook notifications, etc all without actually leaving the app I'm currently in. Can your Android do that?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#20 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

Well iOS's control slide up can be located to Samsungs notification controls, control widgets, or the new quick settings in the newer versions. iRadio = Google Play Music All Acess Radio. Multitasking. Different takes on moving wallpaper, but you can only get live wallpaper on android. I wouldn't say 5 years, thats just the Android people trying to put it down that iOS is outdated, which is somewhat untrue.  I've actaully been seeing less of Apple products (just mainly moms and some teenage girls) and more gs3's and 4's.

Oh, my school is full of people with iPhone 4 or iPod touch 4th gen and some iPhone 5's... and then there's people with random cell phones that no one wants :P

I can go and check my previous emails, text messages, facebook notifications, etc all without actually leaving the app I'm currently in. Can your Android do that?

It probably can..

sfOI1m6.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!