Photo

PS4 will have a drought, Sony hoping indies step up to fill the gap.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:55 AM

http://ca.ign.com/ar...-launch-drought

Asked whether the PlayStation 4 might avoid this drought, Yoshida placed faith in the many indie developers working with Sony to fill in potential gaps in the release schedule. "Now there are so many games developed by indie teams," he says. "Of course money is important to these teams, but it is often not the primary motivation, and so they will spend extra time [in development] if they need to. So these games will be continuously released through next year. That is my expectation

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:06 AM

It's gonna be funny when Xbone and PS4 have a drought, but we'll be playing games.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#3 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:31 AM

yeah but at least xbox 1 and ps4 are coming out with great games straight from the off, :)

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

yeah but at least xbox 1 and ps4 are coming out with great games straight from the off, :)

skys pls. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:00 AM

Yeah, exclusives like mario and zombiu, mass effect, batman, cross-generational games like call of duty.

Of course a new console's going to have a drought.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

Who was that that told me the PS4 wasn't going to have a drought? I forgot who, but time to eat your words. While it's having a drought we will be playing top notch exclusives.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#7 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

Every console has a drought after it's released. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise.

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

Every console has a drought after it's released. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise.

fangirlism.

At least the ps4 shouldn't have a 4 year drought like the ps3 did.
or an 8 year drought like the psv had (has/will have).

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

As long as it isn`t a Wii U like drought, they are fine. Don`t really see Indie titles keeping sales of HW stabilized.

#10 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

Not every console will have a perfect run. I mean look at the Wii U, had nothing for 7 months and now its getting some games. Although the Ps4 is confirmed easier to develop for and has more ram I don't think it will be longer than 3 months.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:13 AM

Not every console will have a perfect run. I mean look at the Wii U, had nothing for 7 months and now its getting some games. Although the Ps4 is confirmed easier to develop for and has more ram I don't think it will be longer than 3 months.

The Wii U had a few indie games, and half-ass ports in those 7 months.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

It's gonna be funny when Xbone and PS4 have a drought, but we'll be playing games.

Not really considering the Wii U went through it too and is still going through it. All new consoles typically go through that phase.

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

Not really considering the Wii U went through it too and is still going through it. All new consoles typically go through that phase.

It'll be funny when p4, x1 and wu owners are playing games next year while ouya users are watching movies on it instead because it's not a games console.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 Eye_Of-Core

Eye_Of-Core

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Fandom:
    Black Lagoon

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:12 PM

We just need to keep our mouth shut and don't announce this to Sony fanboys, I want them to be shocked when they get a feel of the drought...

While Wii U owners will be playing games like Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros U, having laugh's at ponies that will went berserk and have a flashback at those first three cruel years that PlayStation 3 when it was bleeding and sucking Sony's wallet dry and then we will hear their excuses. Ponies will fart rainbows and will be running in cycle, do they really though that they won't have a drought?!

Lets prepare to see their ego hurt and them being butthurt... :3

*grabbing popcorn's*

#15 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

*grabbing popcorn's*

Can I have some? :P 

#16 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:32 PM

Companies really need to think things over first. This is why the 3DS had asuch a long drought and the Wii U as well.

Next year will most likely be gold for the Wii U. Thats what he meant.

Signature_DK.png

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

Companies really need to think things over first. This is why the 3DS had asuch a long drought and the Wii U as well.

there is literally no way around it.

you can save up 12 first party games and launch the system 3 years later, and the third party will have some launch games, but they're not going to bet as big as you are so you'll still have your drought.
Then after the 12 first party games are released, what do you make from a first party perspective? you've exhausted all your franchises, are you going to make sequels?

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

Except when the PS4/Xbox 1 go through this phase we will have DKC Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Wonderful 101 out and games like Bayonetta 2 and Smash Bros will be following shortly. The drought is ending, and at the same time it emded for the 360: a year after launch.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#19 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

there is literally no way around it.

you can save up 12 first party games and launch the system 3 years later, and the third party will have some launch games, but they're not going to bet as big as you are so you'll still have your drought.
Then after the 12 first party games are released, what do you make from a first party perspective? you've exhausted all your franchises, are you going to make sequels?

Nintendo has not exhausted their IP's. Your logic is false.

You must be referring to the abundance of bro dude shooters. In that case Nintendo had a bad launch but if you are talking creative games Nintendo had the best one.

Signature_DK.png

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

Nintendo has not exhausted their IP's. Your logic is false.

You must be referring to the abundance of bro dude shooters. In that case Nintendo had a bad launch but if you are talking creative games Nintendo had the best one.

nintendo haven't released 12 games on wii u yet have they?
I thought that was your point with WAH WAHH THE 3DS AND WII U ARE FAIL BECAUSE OF WAHHHH Was it not?

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!