Photo

What if Nintendo was to re-release classics in HD?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: What if Nintendo was to re-release classics in HD? (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like it if Nintendo re-released classics in HD?

1. I'd love it (5 votes [20.83%])

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

2. I'd love it, but I don't want to pay full price for them (5 votes [20.83%])

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

3. I'd love it if a couple of my favourites were re-done (6 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. I don't want old games, I want new ones! (6 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

5. I don't want to re-buy my collection all over again. (2 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

6. I don't know (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. None of the above options are close to my response (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

Just wondering, like if they were to re-release Mario Sunshine or maybe even Mario 64 but that would require more work.

Or maybe if they had a Wii Game HD Patch, where you could downloaded this patch which has higher resolution textures and a tweaked engine, but otherwise you'd use your Wii Disk (or purchase the entire thing if you want).

Thoughts?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#2 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

Re-release HD remakes of Mario Sunshine, Mario 64, and Super Mario World and release them on the eShop for $20 each

794144.png?13383682

#3 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

I'd only support it if

A. They were eshop titles and/or cheaper then 100% new games

B. They added things and improved the games

With that said I'd love to see a wii u version of Super Mario Sunshine especially if they cleaned it up a bit and added new features.

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

#4 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

the only reason remakes in Hd appeal is because there is nothing new atm.

Ok... I'll backtrack a bit.

remakes will always appeal.

but only select titles. Wind Waker, Metroid Trilogy, Earthbound, etc. The greats. Obviously some games need more work than others to be viable today in terms of graphics and sound.

However, the real focus should be on making NEW games so great, that we don't even think about the classics because the the new stuff is still blowing our minds.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 20 September 2013 - 01:00 PM.

#5 RiasRed

RiasRed

Dress Breaker

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • NNID:RiasRed
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Pokemon, Anime.

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

Metroid Prime in HD would be Beautiful!

#6 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

the only reason remakes in Hd appeal is because there is nothing new atm.

Ok... I'll backtrack a bit.

remakes will always appeal.

but only select titles. Wind Waker, Metroid Trilogy, Earthbound, etc. The greats. Obviously some games need more work than others to be viable today in terms of graphics and sound.

However, the real focus should be on making NEW games so great, that we don't even think about the classics because the the new stuff is still blowing our minds.

Still, it'd be awesome if they had dedicated some small teams to updating older games. It's probably be a great way to get new staff familiar with the Wii U and Nintendo's art and programming styles.

Edited by grahamf, 20 September 2013 - 01:09 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#7 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:14 PM

I would like to see collections like the PS3 has. They could do a DKC HD Collection on Tropical Freeze's engine, Mario 1-3/World on NSMBU's engine, a Star Fox Collection with 64, Adventures, Assault, Command, and 1 with revamped visuals, Yoshi's Island with 1, DS, Touch and Go, Story, and Topsy Turvy, Metroid Prime with 1-3 and Hunters, the list goes on and on.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

I'd prefer vitual consoles support for gamecube (and wii because why not?).

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

After what Nintendo did with WW: Mario Sunshine!

Without a doubt that if Sunshine was reworked as WW, it would look fantastic.
It still does, but that sunny-summer vibe to it, would make it even better!

Don`t know if 2D games would benefit from the HD treatment. Most of them, if not all, still look great. Well... Super Mario Bros 2 would benefit from a HD remake, if it turned out something like this:

tumblr_m8prb6g6fw1qzp9weo1_500.png

#10 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

If they did, then people would just complain that Nintendo never does anything new with their games despite the same thing happening with HD Collections on the PS360.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#11 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

Heh, just realized Mario Sunshine would be awesome on Wii U now that you can use the Gamepad. But Nintendo should make a sequel instead of a graphics update.

#12 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

If they did, then people would just complain that Nintendo never does anything new with their games despite the same thing happening with HD Collections on the PS360.

Yep, but the WW remake is sooo much better than other HD collections I've played so far.  The graphics are AMAZING

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#13 Klobb

Klobb

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi and Durant

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

I want to see an HD collection of either Donkey Kong or Mario games. Or maybe an HD collection of the three console F-Zeros? That would look awesome, and Nintendo won't have to worry about not having any new ideas for the series.

If you think Smogon ban stuff

"Just because they can't beat it"

You clearly don't play OU

You clearly have no knowledge of the metagame

And you clearly don't deserve to have an opinion.

#14 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

Still, it'd be awesome if they had dedicated some small teams to updating older games. It's probably be a great way to get new staff familiar with the Wii U and Nintendo's art and programming styles.

Very true.

And if WW and Earthbound are any indication,

doing exactly that makes a lot of sense in every way.

#15 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

I want new games. Sick of these HD "remakes"/ports. I didn't buy a Wii U for nostalgia purposes. This goes for HD collections in general. The 360/PS3 are littered with them.

Edited by Gaymer, 20 September 2013 - 10:00 PM.

#16 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:40 AM

These options... the proper answer would probably be "all of the above".

#17 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:36 AM

I might support it IF and ONLY IF they were in collections or at cheaper prices. For example, Wind Waker HD is not worth even half of what it's going for, but if it had come with Twilight Princess remastered, then it might have increased its value a bit.

Either put them in collections, sell them for a lot cheaper, or, even better, actually remake them for the Wii U, instead of merely remastering them (never happening, I know).

But I mean, really... I look at Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD. It's a collection that contains TWO KH games remastered in HD and with fully redone OSTs, and guess what? It costs $10 less than Wind Waker HD. One may have their own opinions over the quality of the KH series, but it still puts things into perspective, a bit.

Edited by Envy, 23 September 2013 - 06:08 AM.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#18 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

Yeah. Let's mask the fact there are no new IP's with hd remakes.

No. Let's not.

We need more W101. Less Mario. The resources need to be better spent.

#19 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

I still think it would an excellent training ground for new developers. Have the main staff focus on new titles, but have new hires working on updating old games to get used to Nintendo hardware and programming styles.

#20 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

I wish they would buy out Atari's IP and do some cool things with some of their old games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!