Photo

Getting Second Wii U. How to completely restore and move on?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BivalentZs

BivalentZs

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

I bought a Wii U a few months ago. I set it up by creating a user and linking it to my eshop and all that fun stuff. Got all set to enjoy my Wii U.
Then I saw Nintendo was releasing the Limited Edition Zelda Windwaker HD Wii U. Being a huge Zelda fan. I had to have this new Zelda Wii U.
Today I got my Zelda Wii U and started the process of selling my old one. First things first was deleting and restoring the old one to new factory settings.
I went to do so and it mentioned something about my user and Id being permanently linked to this system. Now I'm nervous if I sell it the new owner can access my account and downloads. Also when I set up my new Wii U can I access my old account anymore? What do I do to be able to make the transfer as easy as possible with the least amount of headaches? Suggestions? Tips?

#2 Mocha Bear

Mocha Bear

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Persona, Spiderman, Sonic

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

I bought a Wii U a few months ago. I set it up by creating a user and linking it to my eshop and all that fun stuff. Got all set to enjoy my Wii U.
Then I saw Nintendo was releasing the Limited Edition Zelda Windwaker HD Wii U. Being a huge Zelda fan. I had to have this new Zelda Wii U.
Today I got my Zelda Wii U and started the process of selling my old one. First things first was deleting and restoring the old one to new factory settings.
I went to do so and it mentioned something about my user and Id being permanently linked to this system. Now I'm nervous if I sell it the new owner can access my account and downloads. Also when I set up my new Wii U can I access my old account anymore? What do I do to be able to make the transfer as easy as possible with the least amount of headaches? Suggestions? Tips?

Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't the Zelda Wii U just a regular black Wii U but with a special gamepad? If so then why don't you keep the first one and pair it with the Zelda gamepad?

- You're so money and you don't even know it!

- D-Dude, don't get me wrong, okay? It's just guy love, right? Between two guys?

#3 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

Try consulting the Nintendo website for information.

By the way, all that you have in your first Wii U really is tied to the system although i believe you can transfer everything to the new console.

#4 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

Keep the first one and sync the Zelda gamepad with it dude.

You can keep all your stuff and get the bundle's cool bonuses.

Although if you do reset, the next user can't use your old stuff.

#5 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

Generally Nintendo IDs are non-transferable, thought Nintendo may make an exception if you suffered a hardware failure.

How does one pair a different gamepad to the Wii U?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

I bought a Wii U a few months ago. I set it up by creating a user and linking it to my eshop and all that fun stuff. Got all set to enjoy my Wii U.[/size]

Then I saw Nintendo was releasing the Limited Edition Zelda Windwaker HD Wii U. Being a huge Zelda fan. I had to have this new Zelda Wii U.[/size]
Today I got my Zelda Wii U and started the process of selling my old one. First things first was deleting and restoring the old one to new factory settings.[/size]
I went to do so and it mentioned something about my user and Id being permanently linked to this system. Now I'm nervous if I sell it the new owner can access my account and downloads. Also when I set up my new Wii U can I access my old account anymore? What do I do to be able to make the transfer as easy as possible with the least amount of headaches? Suggestions? Tips?[/size]
I'll assume you already claimed your wind waked download on the new wii u, and ignore the above posters advice, which is actually a good idea if you haven't already activated the code.

You can call Nintendo and as long as you're persistent and talk tot he right managers, they might transfer your purchases.

Beyond that there is no way to re-claim anything if you format your wii u.
A format will permanently erase your shop account, so no the next purchases won't get your content, nor your id.
They're lost in the void at Nintendo. Even you can't use them, since there's still a lock to your old system for them games and the nintendo network id.

Generally Nintendo IDs are non-transferable, thought Nintendo may make an exception if you suffered a hardware failure.

How does one pair a different gamepad to the Wii U?

Read your manual.
http://www.nintendo....s_manual_en.pdf Page 24

Edited by Nollog, 29 September 2013 - 06:10 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

Is the process identical for pairing a second gamepad or a gamepad that has been pared to a different console before?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:29 PM

Is the process identical for pairing a second gamepad or a gamepad that has been pared to a different console before?

You can only use 1 gamepad at a time so it's identical.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!