#21 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

Are you serious? This problem shouldn't have even happened in the first place. And this isn't even the only problem i had with it. It's horrible.

All operating systems have bugs, even windows 7 had a handful of driver issues. 

794144.png?13383682

#22 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

All operating systems have bugs, even windows 7 had a handful of driver issues. 

Nothing compared to windows 8.

#23 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

I dunno my sister has windows 8 laptop and she likes it, it seems okay, it's lenovo by the way.

I'm using a lenovo desktop with windows 7, I like it it's fast, simple to use, and doesn't crash or anything stupid like that :D

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#24 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

We have a Surface RT tablet (My mom wanted Windows on her tablet) and Windows 8 loaded on the desktop.  As far as I know, no problems. 8.1 defiantly has some nice touches.  It's not a perfect os, but then, what is?

Stupid Snowmads!

#25 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:53 PM

This goes without saying in the tech world but if it looks really user friendly chances are it ain't. I'm glad I have 7.

Signature_DK.png

#26 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

My brother got it on his new lenovo. Said it's confusing at first, but once you start to get used to it it's pretty good, and that most people just hate it cause they don't get how it works (I'm not saying this is you, Link).

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#27 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

I had it several months on my laptop and didn't like any of the changes. It's not hard to learn, I just don't particularly like Windows 8. I ended up UPgrading to Windows 7 and never looked back.

#28 Klobb

Klobb

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi and Durant

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:13 AM

Windows 8 was a bit of a downgrade from Windows 7 in my opinion.

If you think Smogon ban stuff

"Just because they can't beat it"

You clearly don't play OU

You clearly have no knowledge of the metagame

And you clearly don't deserve to have an opinion.

#29 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:29 AM

os24_1stscreen.gif

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#30 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

My brother got it on his new lenovo. Said it's confusing at first, but once you start to get used to it it's pretty good, and that most people just hate it cause they don't get how it works (I'm not saying this is you, Link).

I know how it works and everything, but i just don't like the setup and it's full of bugs.

os24_1stscreen.gif

??

#31 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

To be honest, I would never use Windows 8 for a desktop, but would be completely willing for a tablet/surface.  It's probably more to do with habit, though, as I typically only stick with one windows version per computer.

#32 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

I've tried out 8 on a laptop. The only real upside is that it boots quickly. It really doesn't show you how to do anything beyond the basics. I had been shutting down the long way until I learned ctrlaltdel could shut down in addition to task manager. lol
It's... okay, I guess. I just feel like I have to go through unnecessary screens sometimes, like going through the tiles to reach the desktop. Because of that, I'd stick with 7/Linux on actual PCs. It'd probably be fine for a tablet.

Posted Image

#33 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

Nothing compared to windows 8.

It's pretty much just windows 7 with a new UI.
Like how Vista was windows 2000 with a new UI.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#34 ifrit05

ifrit05

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:41 PM

Oh man, OS/2... I almost forgot about that lol. Good times. 
Anyways I upgraded to Windows 8 on my PC and yeah it's alright once you get used to it. Would be better if I had a touchscreen though.

But Linux distros are still my number one favorite OS to use. Try Ubuntu, you might like it. 

Seems like it was updating and you bricked it. Nothing a Factory Reset can't fix. Look up how to use that for your PC model. :)

ifrit05s.png

Nintendo Network ID: ifrit05

Wii U Deluxe

#35 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:40 AM

Yeah, I've not been given any reason to move to Windows 8. I get nothing out of the table style screen, so it seems pointless to me. Windows 7 works just fine.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#36 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

waiting for it to login, and it was stuck on "Loading..." For over 5 minutes, Literally. So i force shut it down because of it freezing, turn it back on, and it says "Configuring windows updates" It didn't even update. So i brushed it off and it did it's thing, it finally loaded back to the log in menu, i click on my profile, type in my pass and it log's in, But, It starts going crazy, i can't click anything, the screen is flashing, going back and forth between the start menu and the desktop. Leaving my computer useless. So now i'm gonna have to go through a bunch of bull crap steps just to get it working again. Haven't even had the stupid thing for a year and it's already crap. So word of the wise, Don't buy HP or Windows 8!

So until then i will be on my brother's computer.

The freezing sounds like possible hardware, but it is never wise to update right away or have auto-updating on IMO. I have had more failed updates, broken drivers, et cetera from auto than I can count, dating back to XP. Ahem, as for the bold text, it might be auto updating at the login screen. I am not sure how Windows 8 does its update process, but I could see them changing it from loging out to logining in. Possible less people pulling the power cable because they just want to turn it off. My advice, backup the important stuff (depending on the type of backup image you are using), roll back Windows 8 to a previous state if you backed up, try it out before the updating, and turn off auto update. Edit: (That is, if you are having issues due to some crap updates. I remember in early Vista it screwed me over with half downloading updates & installing corrupt files. Then even after the roll back, I had to clean out the stored downloaded updates as the bloody OS stored the broken files).

Edited by UnholyVision, 28 September 2013 - 11:39 AM.

#37 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

I don't see many problems with windows 8. It's just more for touch screen users. It's generally the same as windows 7 but with a couple new features. 

#38 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

Oh man, OS/2... I almost forgot about that lol. Good times. 
Anyways I upgraded to Windows 8 on my PC and yeah it's alright once you get used to it. Would be better if I had a touchscreen though.
But Linux distros are still my number one favorite OS to use. Try Ubuntu, you might like it. 

Seems like it was updating and you bricked it. Nothing a Factory Reset can't fix. Look up how to use that for your PC model. :)

It wasn't updating.. I said it froze and i had to force shut down.

#39 ifrit05

ifrit05

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

Ok, my bad. But still try to enter a factory reset mode. Look up how to do it on your laptop model. 

ifrit05s.png

Nintendo Network ID: ifrit05

Wii U Deluxe

#40 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:19 PM

I just pretend it's windows 7 and get on with my day.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, is, horrible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!