Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

I decided to rent GTA V and it turns out to be one of the greatest games I ever played. I have always liked GTA but it never totally blew my mind until I played GTA V. Where do I begin? 

Presentation 10/10

The new lush open world of Los Santos is waaaaaay more beautiful, detailed, and breathtaking than Liberty City (which was already all of the above). There are three charcters to play as which have their own stories that you can switch between when you wish, each has their special abilities. And everything you liked about the previous GTA games. Plus changing weather.

Graphics 9.5/10

It may not have Crysis 3 graphics but it never fails to be detailed and sweet. The graphics create an immerse world.

Sound Music 9/10

As with all other GTA games it features a ton of cool radio stations that play a variety of tunes and funny talk shows. The game features great but typical gun and explosion sounds.

Fun 10/10

An open world filled with plenty of land to explore. Better looking combat which makes melee fighting more enjoyable. Planes you can fly around in. As well as many returning elements that have made the franchise enjoyable, many have been improved.

Replay 9.5

The GTA games have always been fun to come back to multiple times. There is an online mode opening up soon that looks amazing to play on and on. And plenty of side missions and acheivements/trophies to complete.

Verdict 9.5/10 

This game is just simply brilliant. I was expecting the typical GTA experience but i got a lot more than I thought. People say sand box games are the way of the future and GTA 5 will be the model of how to make a great entertaining one. You must by all means play this game.

Signature_DK.png

#2 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

Dude the graphics are not that good.

#3 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

I agree completely, also the dialogue is probably the funniest I've ever heard in a video game and the presentation is other worldly.

#4 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

Dude the graphics are not that good.

I disagree the graphics are amazing if you think about the tech behind it this is probably one of the best looking open world games especially if you look at how big the world is

#5 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

I disagree the graphics are amazing if you think about the tech behind it this is probably one of the best looking open world games especially if you look at how big the world is

Not if you compare the footage shown in the commercials to the actual game. The PS360 versions are way inferior.

#6 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

Not if you compare the footage shown in the commercials to the actual game. The PS360 versions are way inferior.

I'm not disagreeing with you I'm just curious if you have the game?

every game that has a commercial runs the game on a pc to make it look better than it is

but that still looks great and there engine is still impressive since thats running on 8 year old hardware

#7 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

I'm half way through the game, I do have a few complaints some more important than others. graphics are good for last gen systems but when people hype up graphics I expect more. I really like the robbery missions and story missions the flow into each other. I have skipped of few missions because I found them to be boring and repetitive. Also the radio sound track is lacking. for now I give it a 8/10 

#8 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

I have to agree the radio sucks big time but outside of that I loved this game and quite possibly my GOTY. It's really that or the last of us for me.

#9 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

I have to agree the radio sucks big time 

Yeah I thought K Rose would be back  :(

#10 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

The graphics are ok if you're not sitting too close to the TV but I agree it looked so much better in the commercials...

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#11 Mocha Bear

Mocha Bear

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Persona, Spiderman, Sonic

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:08 PM

The graphics are ok if you're not sitting too close to the TV but I agree it looked so much better in the commercials...

When did everyones standards get so bloody high? It looks great to me and if you're honestly critisizing the graphics for being inferior on an inferior system then that's even worse imo.

Yeah I thought K Rose would be back  :(

Speaking of the ost I've been trying to find a specific track that plays sometimes in missions (often when you're going high speeds in a car) but I can't find it...

Oh yeah, I like the review by the way but honestly I would of preferred if you didn't use scores, they're unecessary in my opinion.

Edited by Mocha Bear, 26 September 2013 - 11:10 PM.

- You're so money and you don't even know it!

- D-Dude, don't get me wrong, okay? It's just guy love, right? Between two guys?

#12 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:36 AM

When did everyones standards get so bloody high? It looks great to me and if you're honestly critisizing the graphics for being inferior on an inferior system then that's even worse imo.

Speaking of the ost I've been trying to find a specific track that plays sometimes in missions (often when you're going high speeds in a car) but I can't find it...

Oh yeah, I like the review by the way but honestly I would of preferred if you didn't use scores, they're unecessary in my opinion.

I;m comparing it to the PC version in the commercials and screenshots lol

#13 Mocha Bear

Mocha Bear

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Persona, Spiderman, Sonic

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:51 AM

I;m comparing it to the PC version in the commercials and screenshots lol

I'm aware of that but my point still stands. Just to be clear I don't think the visuals deserve a score so high but that's more due to my dislike of scores in reviews.

- You're so money and you don't even know it!

- D-Dude, don't get me wrong, okay? It's just guy love, right? Between two guys?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Perfect, badassery, GTA, Tons of coolness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!