GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:12 AM

According to ubisoft... At least we know what to expect.

http://www.eurogamer...-to-gta5s-scale

And as for the look of the game, Morin expects the PC build to remain the best-looking version, with Wii U's graphical fidelity lying somewhere in between current and next-gen offerings.

"I think it's even going to be a bit better. If you pump the PC to its maximum there are things in the filtering and rendering that I think are possible on high-end PCs that are pretty amazing. Wii U is pretty much in-between - it's neither of them, not current-gen, maybe closer to current-gen than next-gen."

Sorry I made three of these by mistake... A mod can delete the two others.

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:31 AM

Actually sounds promising.

Guess ill get on those threads...

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:33 AM

Actually sounds promising.
Guess ill get on those threads...

Yeah still kinda vague for my liking. I need to see gameplay on Wii U version. How much better than but also how much closer to current gen.

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

Still no talks of gimping, I'm still on board.
I'll of course double-dip when the game gets insanely cheap on steam too.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:17 AM

The fact that it says closer to current gen worries me, but we haven't seen anything from PS360 either. At least he said that it will look better, but everyone already knew that: the question is by how much? I just hope that no features are absent.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 27 September 2013 - 08:41 AM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#6 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

all it says to me is more effort is going into the wiiU version than with Blacklist. still makes me wonder how much though.

#7 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:42 AM

Still going for the PC version, game looks amazing still, though.

794144.png?13383682

#8 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

as long as everything is smooth(dem jaggies) and no frame rate issues i'm fine. Though when he says closer to current gen........  :(

Edited by meitantei_conan, 27 September 2013 - 08:47 AM.

#9 Mocha Bear

Mocha Bear

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Persona, Spiderman, Sonic

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

as long as everything is smooth(dem jaggies) and no frame rate issues i'm fine. Though when he says closer to current gen........  :(

Dude, it's not going to look bad, it just won't be as good looking as other versions. Besides maybe there'll be some cool features with the game pad to make up for it.

- You're so money and you don't even know it!

- D-Dude, don't get me wrong, okay? It's just guy love, right? Between two guys?

#10 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

Dude, it's not going to look bad, it just won't be as good looking as other versions. Besides maybe there'll be some cool features with the game pad to make up for it. 

I will probably just buy the wiiu version anyways like you said those game pad features :P. I just hope for a competent port , black list was a decent job, so there is some hope.  

EDIT:

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=687189

found this. 

Edited by meitantei_conan, 27 September 2013 - 09:11 AM.

#11 Mocha Bear

Mocha Bear

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Persona, Spiderman, Sonic

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:14 AM

I will probably just buy the wiiu version anyways like you said those game pad features :P. I just hope for a competent port , black list was a decent job, so there is some hope.

I would hope they take advantage of the game pad considering the nature of the game. Speaking of the game, I've recently got my head stuck on the idea of hacking traffic lights to create traffic for escape or clearing the road for space but thats just me.

To be honest the idea it would be a bad port hadn't even crossed my mind.

Edited by Mocha Bear, 27 September 2013 - 09:15 AM.

- You're so money and you don't even know it!

- D-Dude, don't get me wrong, okay? It's just guy love, right? Between two guys?

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

I am looking forward to this game for Wii U. Would be amazing if they would implement cross platform multi-player.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#13 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:44 AM

they could have made it look as good as the ps4 version, but nope. Not purchasing, sorry guys.

Signature_Fox.png

#14 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

I just hope the game performs well.  I dont want the Wii U version to be slightly better looking, but then have a terrible framerate. 

#15 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

Well i switch my ps3 ver for wii u long time ago simply, because i think i will play it more on the gamepad. Also hear that the wii u should be a lil bit better then the ps3.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#16 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

That's.....Cool I guess?

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#17 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

Kind of surprised. Must be more going on with the background AI scripting than I thought.

Watch Dogs isn't a graphically crazy game in the next gen versions. Wii U for all intents and purposes should handle the exact same graphics that has been shown for the PS4 version.

And the current gen version looks bad.

But I will give Ubidosft the benefit of the doubt.  They know the hardware by now and there must be some areas they are pushing things that don't necessarily show up graphically. 

#18 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

shame,another game to show wii u is behind the other 2 :( still cant believe people actually thought it would be on par with the ps4 version

#19 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

Kind of surprised. Must be more going on with the background AI scripting than I thought.

Watch Dogs isn't a graphically crazy game in the next gen versions. Wii U for all intents and purposes should handle the exact same graphics that has been shown for the PS4 version.

And the current gen version looks bad.

But I will give Ubidosft the benefit of the doubt. They know the hardware by now and there must be some areas they are pushing things that don't necessarily show up graphically.

Have we even seen the current gen version yet? I'm pretty sure we haven't, but I may be wrong on that.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#20 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

I just changed my preorder from Vigilante edition to Dead-Sec edition, I really hope the best for this game.

Like others have mentioned, i don't mind if the graphics aren't completely outstanding, as long as the frame-rate is ok than i will be reasonably happy.

Hopefully it won't suffer long load times like in Blacklist or the horrible texture/model swaps that plagued AC3

Can't wait for this game :3

Now that i think of it, this is the exact same situation that were seeing with COD Ghosts.

Edited by AndyG, 27 September 2013 - 06:35 PM.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!