HaHa-No

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lucky Star, Animal Crossing, Darkwave.

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:40 AM

http://blog.us.plays...Jack_NGP_012611

Sony are talking about the orginial PSP as if it was gods gift, they completely ignore the fact that the DS out-sold it hugely and they're saying that the PS Vita is a revolution in gaming. It has nice graphics, and I have to admit it's an interesting console. But it's not got any groundbreaking new technology. Unlike the 3DS, which has poorer graphics, a slightly shabby control system, and the first console to ever have glasses free 3D. It's one of the first pieces of technology with glasses free 3D at all. The 3DS is the groundbreaking console, not the Vita. I'm not saying the Vita is crap, it looks great, but it just isn't a massive step forwards in technology.

What do YOU think on this article? It is by Jack Tretton (Sony's main advertising man) so it is quite biased, I'm going to have to warn you.

http://www.20b.org/

^Click it

^I agree with this guy

You know you want to! 'Tis leaked Nintendo information!

#2 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:55 AM

http://blog.us.plays...Jack_NGP_012611

Sony are talking about the orginial PSP as if it was gods gift, they completely ignore the fact that the DS out-sold it hugely and they're saying that the PS Vita is a revolution in gaming. It has nice graphics, and I have to admit it's an interesting console. But it's not got any groundbreaking new technology. Unlike the 3DS, which has poorer graphics, a slightly shabby control system, and the first console to ever have glasses free 3D. It's one of the first pieces of technology with glasses free 3D at all. The 3DS is the groundbreaking console, not the Vita. I'm not saying the Vita is crap, it looks great, but it just isn't a massive step forwards in technology.

What do YOU think on this article? It is by Jack Tretton (Sony's main advertising man) so it is quite biased, I'm going to have to warn you.

See, once I read that the article was written by Jack Tretton, I already knew the article was a piece of junk. ;P And the Vita isn't as 'super groundbreaking' as Sony's making it out to be, but it is the first system to have HD graphics...as if you could really care on a screen that size, anyway. And while, yes, the 3DS doesn't have as good of graphics as the Vita, it certainly has some comparable graphics (Resident Evil: Revelations, anybody?), and it is more powerful than the Wii.

Another thing...I love how everybody in the comments is like "GO JACK, UR DA MAN!!!!1!!11!!" xD

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#3 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:01 AM

To be fair, that was quite a reasonable article for Jack Tretton's standards. For once he hasn't actually criticised any Nintendo or Microsoft products. The PSP did do quite a lot to change handheld gaming; It was the first handheld that could do realistic graphics and they were hardly going to mention that the DS outsold it in that article. The PS Vita is also pretty ground-breaking, in the sense that it is a handheld that can reproduce a console experience, The multi touch pad could also turn out to be a great innovation.

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:54 PM

What annoys you about a product description?
If you're not interested in the PSV, then why are you reading about it on a Sony website?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:35 PM

POPULAR

But it's not got any groundbreaking new technology.

To be fair, cramming a quad-core processor with comparable performance to the PS3's Cell processor into a slim little device is quite an achievement. I find it hard not to call that, at the very least, groundbreaking.

To be fair, that was quite a reasonable article for Jack Tretton's standards. For once he hasn't actually criticised any Nintendo or Microsoft products. The PSP did do quite a lot to change handheld gaming; It was the first handheld that could do realistic graphics and they were hardly going to mention that the DS outsold it in that article. The PS Vita is also pretty ground-breaking, in the sense that it is a handheld that can reproduce a console experience, The multi touch pad could also turn out to be a great innovation.

Wonderfully said, AMAC. But I would like to add that the 3DS is just as capable of reproducing a console experience. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D is the perfect example of that, though Super Street Fighter IV and Dead or Alive: Dimensions are brilliant titles, too. All three of them deliver a very meaty "full console experience", in my mind.

#6 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:09 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 12:10 AM.

#7 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:21 PM

I'd have a hard time trying to see the PS Vita as anything but groundbreaking. My impression from all of the stuff I've read (specs, etc) and videos I've seen is that the Vita is MORE groundbreaking than the 3DS, and I own a 3DS myself. The 3D definitely adds a lot to the experience (that Zelda puzzle looks great in 3D) but when I look at Unchartered gameplay I feel like the Vita is a much bigger step forward for handheld gaming.

I agree somewhat
The Vita on the tech side is advancing massively.
On game side, most of the games(Gravity Daze excluded) look to be safe little installments in Sony's franchises. We haven't seen any first party risks ala Steel Diver

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#8 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:08 PM

The only thing ground breaking about the PS Vita, is the ability to 'copy' a PS3 game to it and play on the move. But even then, we still don't know about the limits of this transfarring function:
- How long to copy a game?
- Will I be able to transfer all my gains back to the PS3?
- Will I even be able to save the game data to the PS Vita?

Of course, you could say that these functions are definite, but we don't know.

I won't put innovations beyond that. Anything new would be done by a developer.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#9 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:41 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 12:10 AM.

#10 HaHa-No

HaHa-No

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:30 AM

The Vita's graphical capabilities are groundbreaking on their own, but it comes with tonnes of other features. For one it can do detailed AR without the need for cards.

The thing is, using AR without a card is just pasting an image onto the screen in all reality. I don't know quite how it works, but from what my friend (who's a sony fanboy) told me is that it is just like that :/.

^Click it

^I agree with this guy

#11 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:24 AM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 12:09 AM.

#12 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:41 AM

Lol, I guess that wasn't the best example but most of the Vita's new features are groundbreaking. Anyway the AR on the Vita is definitely way more advanced than what the 3DS can do.

Most of this is with cards, but you can still obviosly see how much more advanced it is:

This is why I'm picking up a Vita. Not for the games, but because of it's potential. I don't see it beating the 3DS but I do see it sending Apple into a panic about how their tech seems overpriced. However, as long as the memory cards remain overpriced, I don't see it fully beating the iPod Touch/3DS

Edited by Lord N, 30 September 2011 - 04:42 AM.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#13 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:43 AM

Lol, I guess that wasn't the best example but most of the Vita's new features are groundbreaking. Anyway the AR on the Vita is definitely way more advanced than what the 3DS can do.

Most of this is with cards, but you can still obviosly see how much more advanced it is:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mTNoPKQFLlY

I'm sure that there were some nintendo games in there :/ like the F-Zero like car, nintendogs?

Posted Image

#14 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:50 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mTNoPKQFLlY

The AR on the Vita certainly looks impressive, but to be fair I don't think we've seen the best of the 3DS' AR yet. I wouldn't be surprised if future AR games by Nintendo or by third parties are much more advanced than what AR Games currently offers.

#15 HaHa-No

HaHa-No

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:02 AM

Some of you seem to be thinking I think the Vita is crap.
I stated that I think the complete opposite. If I could afford to pick one up, I really would.

^Click it

^I agree with this guy

#16 PK-Gaming

PK-Gaming

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ubisoft,CD Projekt,Take Two

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:36 PM

LOLS i may picking up the vita but so far its mostly dummed down games of other ps3 games plus its to much of trying to be a ps3 portable.tHE ONLY games I want for the vita are LBP,SMTP4 The golden,Esacpe plan,Gravity Daze,Final Fantasy X,Rangrok Odessy, and Uncharted Golden Abyssus.But the 3DS has way more games and comples better for me still vita is cool.
Posted Image

#17 SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Fandom:
    NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, Wii, 3DS, Wii U

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:38 PM

Some of you seem to be thinking I think the Vita is crap.
I stated that I think the complete opposite. If I could afford to pick one up, I really would.

Yeah I'll probably get one with christmas money
No signature here....

#18 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:40 PM

I actually really want a Vita now :'( cuz of all the good games coming out for it :)

Posted Image

#19 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:49 AM

I actually really want a Vita now :'( cuz of all the good games coming out for it :)

Also, its online system looks impressive too.

Edited by nintendo3DS, 02 October 2011 - 07:29 AM.

#20 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:51 AM

Also, its online system looks impressive too.

I haven't seen much of that yet, I need to go watch some videos of it ;)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!