GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:23 AM

I want to know what in the hell makes it so hard for 3rd party devs to get better results out of this machine?

http://www.nintendol...rmance_on_wii_u

They mention the architecture... And I quote

I’m happy you are asking the question, the team worked really hard during the last month to increase the performances on the Wii U version… and one of those points was the crowded battle scenes. So the quick answer is, yes we have worked to improve this on Black Flag.
...The Wii U architecture poses some technical challenges that we’ve been able to thankfully overcome. It hasn’t been easy, but we’re really proud of the final result on this console.

#2 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:27 AM

Thank god ubi is putting in a lot of effort! I just hope it sells. 

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:27 AM

Because you cant perform concurrently on wii u the same way you do it on on ps360, and port teams cant create a new engine routine, they can only tweak the existing 360 one.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:32 AM

Because you cant perform concurrently on wii u the same way you do it on on ps360, and port teams cant create a new engine routine, they can only tweak the existing 360 one.

But why does Shin'en make it seem so easy(at least they talk about it that way). Shouldn't at least some of the improvements Wii U has over ps360 be showing up by now without giving the devs headaches?

#5 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:34 AM

its a 15 man team, and implied the same port team as for AC3 to wiiU, so likly a B-list team. 

so i simply expect little above a splinter cell port. the challanges were working around the 360/PS3 code, if they were smarter working around the xbox1 code. 

im actualy waiting to see how a cryengine port goes simply because that engine has been claimed to work very well with wiiU. 

i will be happy if they managed a 60vs30 fps or a noticable upres/graphics effects with a 15man team working around 360 code.

#6 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

its a 15 man team, and implied the same port team as for AC3 to wiiU, so likly a B-list team.

so i simply expect little above a splinter cell port. the challanges were working around the 360/PS3 code, if they were smarter working around the xbox1 code.

im actualy waiting to see how a cryengine port goes simply because that engine has been claimed to work very well with wiiU.

i will be happy if they managed a 60vs30 fps or a noticable upres/graphics effects with a 15man team working around 360 code.

Why not port from XB1... Would that be harder than 360 code? Does Wii U have more in common easier to port from xb1?

#7 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

But why does Shin'en make it seem so easy(at least they talk about it that way). Shouldn't at least some of the improvements Wii U has over ps360 be showing up by now without giving the devs headaches?

they are making a game ground up for the wiiU, andn they actualy have the know how to do that. the AC4 team is likly working around with code not ment for the wiiU at all, and lacks the skills/manpower to get the core of the code working well for wiiU without incompatibility's in the rest of the game which they im betting they need more people to go and fix. shinen have a small team who understand the entire process and building from the ground up, and going back to optimize their own code(makes it alot easier since you dont need to fegure out what is already there). 

they are making a game ground up for the wiiU, andn they actualy have the know how to do that. the AC4 team is likly working around with code not ment for the wiiU at all, and lacks the skills/manpower to get the core of the code working well for wiiU without incompatibility's in the rest of the game which they im betting they need more people to go and fix. shinen have a small team who understand the entire process and building from the ground up, and going back to optimize their own code(makes it alot easier since you dont need to fegure out what is already there). 

#8 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

Good guy Ubi.
No sig.

#9 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

Why not port from XB1... Would that be harder than 360 code? Does Wii U have more in common easier to port from xb1?

yes it does. the CPU is different but you get that issue no matter what, and the X1 cpu shares more similar strenghts than the 360 CPU. as  for the GPU, wiiU and X1 use eSram/eDram both with slightly different uses and needed to make the consoles show the best they can. As for the GPU itself they are both made by AMD, likly 1-2 GPU gens apart so minimul differences. wiiU is simply weaker in most areas. but the port is more likly from the 360 for several reasons.

#10 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

well hopefully the game will look more like a x1 port than a 360 port. im going to get this to support ubi. i have ac3 but am not really playing it lol so itll be the same for this one no doubt, but its ok, it will show ubi that the wii u fans love them :P

#11 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:15 AM

I just think its funny we have LOADS of PS4 footage and no Wii U footage. Its obvious Ubisoft sees wiiu as a 7th gen console as far as they are concerned.

FYI BREAKING NEWS!!!! Wii U version delayed to release along side the xb1 and ps4 versions along with PC.

http://www.videogame...d_on_wii_u.html

Sorry guys that delay is for UK version only launching Nov 22. The US version is still launching on the 29th Oct

Edited by GAMER1984, 30 September 2013 - 08:22 AM.

#12 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:21 AM

So because this is delayed to be on time with the PS4/X1 version, does this mean it is next gen, in between, or current gen.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#13 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:29 AM

So because this is delayed to be on time with the PS4/X1 version, does this mean it is next gen, in between, or current gen.

Its just in the UK don't read too much into it. US version releasing with PS360

#14 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

the next gen versions will probly be done and gold at the same time, if not then they plan to start pushing PS4/X1 versions after the wiiU version is done.

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

You didn't catch the nuances in her post.

We're just getting ports, no real work is being done on making games specifically work on the Wii U itself.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

More info now they are saying its inbetween the generations visually. I'm ok with this(if it turns out to be true) we have to wait for the actual gameplay. I believe this is what Nintendo was aiming for and what we knew from the beginning if you ignored the lazy devs talking crap. Wii U is a step up from 7th gen but a step below ps4 xb1.. And that's ok. Here is the quote.
Martin Schelling, and lead game designer Jean-Sebastien Decant, they revealed to Expansive that the Wii U version will exceed its current gen counter parts visually, he also confirmed that the AC:IV companion app will be fully compatible with the Wii U version of the game.

‘It will be I think, in between the current gen and next gen consoles. We could have had some of the tools from the companion on the second screen, but because the companion app will be available with Wii U too we didn’t include them.

#17 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

More info now they are saying its inbetween the generations visually. I'm ok with this(if it turns out to be true) we have to wait for the actual gameplay. I believe this is what Nintendo was aiming for and what we knew from the beginning if you ignored the lazy devs talking crap. Wii U is a step up from 7th gen but a step below ps4 xb1.. And that's ok. Here is the quote.
Martin Schelling, and lead game designer Jean-Sebastien Decant, they revealed to Expansive that the Wii U version will exceed its current gen counter parts visually, he also confirmed that the AC:IV companion app will be fully compatible with the Wii U version of the game.

‘It will be I think, in between the current gen and next gen consoles. We could have had some of the tools from the companion on the second screen, but because the companion app will be available with Wii U too we didn’t include them. 

I hope this is true!we will see in a few more weeks! 

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

More info now they are saying its inbetween the generations visually. I'm ok with this(if it turns out to be true) we have to wait for the actual gameplay. I believe this is what Nintendo was aiming for and what we knew from the beginning if you ignored the lazy devs talking crap. Wii U is a step up from 7th gen but a step below ps4 xb1.. And that's ok. Here is the quote.
Martin Schelling, and lead game designer Jean-Sebastien Decant, they revealed to Expansive that the Wii U version will exceed its current gen counter parts visually, he also confirmed that the AC:IV companion app will be fully compatible with the Wii U version of the game.

‘It will be I think, in between the current gen and next gen consoles. We could have had some of the tools from the companion on the second screen, but because the companion app will be available with Wii U too we didn’t include them.

Some nice words from ubi. Whether or not i support them or not depends on whether they ring true when the wii u version is shown.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

was on my list, but id rather get Watch Dogs. 

2lvmghw.png

#20 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

Some nice words from ubi. Whether or not i support them or not depends on whether they ring true when the wii u version is shown.

Same here but I think it's looking good that (hopefully) games like Watch Dogs, Call of Duty, and now this are actually starting to look better than 360 games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!