GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

Some nice words from ubi. Whether or not i support them or not depends on whether they ring true when the wii u version is shown.

Yeah its just all words to me right now... The proff is when we see gameplay. Will it just be like blacklist where you have no screen tearing and that the only improvement over 360.

#22 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:39 PM

why would the WiiU version need to be improved ?

#23 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

I usually try to ignore post like that but ok I will bite.... Please just leave this fourms... You don't like the Wii u everyone knows this.... You don't add anything to the forum that's positive why be here?

#24 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

They're comparing it to Assassin's Creed 3, which suffered from framerate drops, more so than the 360 version.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#25 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Your answer is in this thread care of 3dude 

Because you cant perform concurrently on wii u the same way you do it on on ps360, and port teams cant create a new engine routine, they can only tweak the existing 360 one. 

Edited by Sorceror12, 30 September 2013 - 01:44 PM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#26 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

Because its capable of more.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#27 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

I usually try to ignore post like that but ok I will bite.... Please just leave this fourms... You don't like the Wii u everyone knows this.... You don't add anything to the forum that's positive why be here?

Yeah it's tiring. I'm actually quite happy to read people's opinion on things but when it's just endlessly negative whining it's just annoying.

#28 Leland

Leland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

But why does Shin'en make it seem so easy(at least they talk about it that way). Shouldn't at least some of the improvements Wii U has over ps360 be showing up by now without giving the devs headaches?

Because Shin'en has never produced a game anywhere near the scale of Assassins Creed, so you should probably take any remarks from them about the Wii U hardware with a grain of salt. The kind of challenges that Ubisoft is talking about Shin'en will probably never encounter - they're a small, inexperienced developer.

#29 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

Because Shin'en has never produced a game anywhere near the scale of Assassins Creed, so you should probably take any remarks from them about the Wii U hardware with a grain of salt. The kind of challenges that Ubisoft is talking about Shin'en will probably never encounter - they're a small, inexperienced developer.

uh-oh, 3dude's gonna let you have it now :(

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#30 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

Wow. They finally give us some news on the Wii U version instead of nut hugging the PS4 version for 6 months. This seems promising, I might just cancel the Ps3 version and switch it over.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#31 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

You might want to clarify your statement more. Game setting such as story line or art is definitely not their strong suite, but they are damn brilliant at coding and using the hardware to it's maximum potential. They may not make any games I really want, but they also do not simply port half-muffin browser flash games.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#32 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

They showed off some AC4 footage on the nintendo direct, anyone know if that is wiiu footage?

#33 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

They showed off some AC4 footage on the nintendo direct, anyone know if that is wiiu footage?

If it was Wii U confirmed current gen version. Didn't look that good to me.

#34 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

I don't even think the next gen versions look any different. We need comparison videos with 360/PS3, Wii U, and Xbox 1/PS4.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue

#35 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

This is what i was asking below

They're comparing it to Assassin's Creed 3, which suffered from framerate drops, more so than the 360 version.

Why is the WiiU suffering from frame-rate drops though ?

#36 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

Are you asking why Assassins Creed 3 had a few performance issues on Wii U?

If so, you are willingly blind. That question has been answered time after time on this forum.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#37 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

Poor optimization and the dev kits weren't the final ones at launch, giving developers access to only 2 out of the 3 CPU Cores.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#38 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

Ubisoft is supposedly dedicated developer for Wii U.

therefore, what they need to do is to develop a Wii U specific engine.

Not based on clock cycles and deep pipes.

and take advantage of the DX11 equivalent Wii U GPU for crying out loud...

Based on short pipes and more being done in those clock cycles, with much faster execution in the CPU and cache.

The problem is the AC4 is and 'easy money' game for them where the old gen and the Wii U are concerned.

they clearly show their priorites by developing the X86 versions with effort. Meanwhile they can simply reuse old engines for 360/ps3. And where does that leave wii U? since they are developing new engines for X86, they are simply content to give wii U the crap engines from Ps3/306 and simply tweak that.

Because the Wii U is a great system with a smart architecture, it still ends up better. But not nearly as good as it could be.

The sad part of this is that that ubisoft in particular doesn't seem to realize the Nintendo audience they have just waiting to give them money if and when they would actually make something enticing. Just the fact that they and no one else brought up Wii U performance issues makes you wonder why, when they could simply have said nothing at all and just released a fine tuned final product.

It's because they only care enough to get an acceptably working product on the shelf.

And when no one buys their crap, they blame Nintendo.  Oh the irony.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 01 October 2013 - 03:24 PM.

#39 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

Where was it confirmed? I just watched it because it wasn't in the European one and I thought it looked pretty good.

#40 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

Where was it confirmed? I just watched it because it wasn't in the European one and I thought it looked pretty good.

to me it didnt look any different from assassin creed 3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!