YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:30 AM

Confirmed via ND. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:35 AM

We have a thread for the ND!

Really disappointed about this :(

Edited by kokirii, 01 October 2013 - 06:35 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#3 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:43 AM

This really sucks and to think at one point I was frustrated that retro was working on DK then really wanting to play it and BAM delayed till 2014.

#4 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:19 AM

Pretty disappointed about this one. That was the game I really wanted to play in december.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#5 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:24 AM

They just need to add a few months on to every release date to stop us gamers getting fed up with the delays!
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#6 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:28 AM

Pretty disappointed about this one. That was the game I really wanted to play in december.

Same. Can't believe we're still getting delays, it's getting ridiculous.

#7 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

Same. Can't believe we're still getting delays, it's getting ridiculous.

It's Nintendo; they're sticklers for quality so delays are kind of expected with them. Get over it

#8 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

It's Nintendo; they're sticklers for quality so delays are kind of expected with them. Get over it

It's a 2D platformer using the same engine as a wii game, it not like we are talking about a huge open world Zelda game. 

Stop making out that delays are OK. It doesn't matter if it's Nintendo or not, the occasional delay is fine but several delays all in the same year is not fine.

If it was OK to have delays then Iwata wouldn't have apologised.

#9 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

But I do understand Nintendo. we're already getting 2 platformers (Mario and Sonic) in 3 months. That give us another one for Q1 2014, which is good.

And about that engine... from the trailer we have seen now from Super Mario 3D World, game still can improve! I hope DKC:TF will look better in another trailer!

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:04 AM

It's a 2D platformer using the same engine as a wii game, it not like we are talking about a huge open world Zelda game. 

Stop making out that delays are OK. It doesn't matter if it's Nintendo or not, the occasional delay is fine but several delays all in the same year is not fine.

No, Wii U engine, not Wii.
Get that fact straight in your mouth and I'll agree with your post completely.

The only way they can improve this game is by turning it into metroid imo, watse of retro's time.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:15 AM

This doesn't really bother me all that much b/c I have a backlog of games that I haven't even played, but it would have been nice for Nintendo's sales if they had this title ready to go for Christmas......

#12 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:36 AM

No, Wii U engine, not Wii.
Get that fact straight in your mouth and I'll agree with your post completely.

The only way they can improve this game is by turning it into metroid imo, watse of retro's time.

Soz, my mistake.

#13 Aplg8

Aplg8

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

From a big picture standpoint I don't see this as a positive.  With the holiday season around the corner, I would want to have as many orginal titles out there as possible available for Christmas.  Maybe DK is not a system seller but I'd want to have a the bigest product basket I could with the other systems about to crush me in sales.

#14 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

I feel like Tropical Freeze was a good game for the christmas time. Though I probably wouldn't have been able to get it till later on. I am kinda mad at the delay because thats what is is, a platformer. Sure it has to reach Nintendos quality seal which is why I prefer them. I dont even know, oh well it's still gonna be a good game, maybe better because of this. DKTF>Metroid. :X

Stupid Snowmads!

#15 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

Personally, i don`t mind the delay. But i know it sucks for a lot of people.

Nintendo might have done well to not only let Retro improve on the experience but to not crowd the line-up for the rest of the year and save something for 2014 (early 2014 is my guess.).

#16 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

Shame that it got delayed, as I was looking forward to it. But at least it saves me $50 this year (too many games, such little money), and fills up any possible post Holiday game drought.

#17 Bx don

Bx don

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

I was looking forward to this an it sucks that its been delayed. They don't have many exclusive games coming out I can't understand why it's been delayed.
572355.png

#18 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

Personally I don't mind the delay and in a way I'm glad it did as there is way too much in the fourth quarter that I want to play. What with getting the PS4 and Xbox One and several games for both, not to mention the new 3DS Zelda game and Tearaway on the Vita. Plus Wind Waker, Super Mario 3D World and Sonic Lost Worlds.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 02 October 2013 - 02:35 PM.

#19 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

I'm okay with this simply because there are plenty of other games coming. That was one I would've gotten on release though.

#20 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:30 AM

Again, sticklers for quality. Furthermore, 2D platformers are not as simplistic as you like to think. They live and die by their level design and that requires METICULOUS planning and testing. So stop sulking and get over it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!