• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:40 AM

http://blogs.sega.co...-fall-2014/?0=1

10041321226_fdeabae8d6.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog, the iconic video game character who has brought his trademark speed and attitude to four TV series and more than 70 video games, is returning to television in his first-ever CG animated series in the fall 2014. The action packed comedy series aimed at children 6-11 will debut first on Cartoon Network in the U.S. and on CANAL J and GULLI in France, with a global rollout to follow. The initial order of 52 eleven-minute episodes is co-produced by SEGA of America Inc. and Genao Productions.
    Sonic Boom is a character-driven comedy that leaves a trail of robot wreckage in its smoldering wake. The series centers on Sonic, his best friend and sidekick, Tails, their never-ending search for adventure, and their battles with Sonic’s arch-nemesis, Dr. Eggman. Rounding out the ensemble are fan favorites Knuckles and Amy Rose, plus a rogue’s gallery of enemies—some familiar to Sonic fans and some brand-new.
    Evan Baily, Donna Friedman Meir, and Jane McGregor, Executive Producers for SEGA, packaged the series, bringing together SEGA, Cartoon Network, and Genao Productions. Sandrine Nguyen and Boris Hertzog, Executive Producers for Genao, assembled a world-class lineup of partners in France, including broadcasters GULLI and CANAL J, Lagardere Entertainment Rights and Lagardère Active TV Licensing & New Business. Baily, Meir and Nguyen developed the series, and Hertzog and McGregor structured the financing and negotiated all the deals. Baily (formerly EVP of Production and Creative Affairs for Classic Media) and Co-Executive Producer Bill Freiberger (The Simpsons, Drawn Together) are showrunners. Takashi Iizuka, the head of Sonic Team and driving creative force behind the Sonic games, is overseeing the series to ensure that it’s true to the Sonic characters and universe.
    “Sonic is the star of the SEGA universe and the stage is now set for him to shine like never before. By teaming up with world-class partners in television animation like Cartoon Network, Genao Productions and GULLI, we’re ensuring that the Sonic legacy will be introduced to a new generation of children across the globe,” said Hiroyuki Miyazaki, SEGA’s Chief Content Officer for Sonic.
    “We wanted to strengthen our TV channels’ editorial content with strong brands. This is our new objective. Sonic is an enormously popular and unique character with all the qualities of an animation series’ great hero—humor, bravery, loyalty, inventiveness. We are extremely proud to welcome him across our kids and family channels at Lagardère Active and will activate across these channels to raise awareness and excitement for the new series,” said Caroline Cochaux, Head of Programs, Kids & Family Channels, Lagardère Active.
    “Genao is thrilled to collaborate with SEGA on this amazing project and embark on new adventures with the fastest hedgehog in the world. It is so exciting to work on such a world-class brand,” said Sandrine Nguyen, Managing Director of Genao.
    Emmanuelle Bouilhaguet, Managing Director of Lagardere Entertainment Rights added “It is an amazing experience to be associated to such a powerful property with professional partners. International broadcasters are seeking for strong comedy and franchise based series and Sonic Boom is the perfect fit!”
    “On the New Business & Licensing Side, we are proud and excited to handle the representation of Sonic which counts among the leading characters loved by kids. Thanks to our 360° platform which includes Digital Activities, Magazines, Indoor Parks, Grass Root events, we will push Sonic and the Consumer Products to a new level,” said Benoit Roque, Head of Lagardere Active TV Licensing & New Business.
    SEGA is actively seeking partners in support of the new series launch across a range of industries including broadcast and licensing. In terms of television and digital distribution, Lagardere Entertainment Rights holds worldwide rights excluding the U.S. and Asia (but including Japan); SEGA Corporation will manage Asia (excluding Japan); Baily, Meir and McGregor will manage the US through McGregor’s company Jane McGregor, Inc. Licensing support will be spearheaded by Lagardère Active TV Licensing & New Business in France and SEGA in all other territories.
    Sonic the Hedgehog first appeared as a videogame character in June 1991 and instantly became an icon for a generation of gamers. Defined by his super-fast speed and cool attitude, in the years since he first raced on to videogame consoles Sonic has become a true global phenomenon with over 140 million videogames sold or downloaded worldwide across consoles, PC’s, mobile phones and tablets. SEGA’s iconic blue blur has also gone on to enjoy incredible success in many licensed areas, such as toys, apparel, comics and animation. This year SEGA announced an exciting three title exclusive partnership with Nintendo for the Sonic the Hedgehog videogame franchise. The highly anticipated Sonic Lost World™ will be the first title to launch under this agreement and will be available in stores later this year for Wii U™ and Nintendo 3DS™ platforms.

Since how i grew up watching AoSTH, i'm ok with the fact that the show is going to be comedy oriented but there's one thing that bothers me...
Spoiler

Edited by BlueBlur, 02 October 2013 - 07:09 AM.

#2 Mocha Bear

Mocha Bear

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Persona, Spiderman, Sonic

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

What the heck is with the height differences between Knuckles and everyone else? I can get behind the other design differences like Amy and Sonic (Can't see anything to suggest Tails has an altered design) but Knuckles...hes so tall, not to mention his gloves actually show fingers.

Guess it's time for me to go into my "cautiously optimistic" mode.

Edited by Mocha Bear, 02 October 2013 - 06:51 AM.

- You're so money and you don't even know it!

- D-Dude, don't get me wrong, okay? It's just guy love, right? Between two guys?

#3 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:07 AM

Why does Knuckles have such big triceps. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#4 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

Sonic is going to look much more hairy...

Knuckles will now the the big buff friend, sacrificing any characterization he had from the previous games or shows to fit this trope.

Because cartoons require "realism" for an enchalada who has spikes on his knuckles.

#5 Mocha Bear

Mocha Bear

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

Why does Knuckles have such big triceps. 

Hes the new porcupine on the block with the buff chest. Didn't you know?

Knuckles will now the the big buff friend, sacrificing any characterization he had from the previous games or shows to fit this trope.

Because cartoons require "realism" for an enchalada who has spikes on his knuckles.

I would like to think this is not the case and that it's just that artists style...but hey, on the bright side maybe they'll actually acknowledge his role as guardian in this show. (I highly doubt it will happen but you never know)

Edited by Mocha Bear, 02 October 2013 - 07:19 AM.

- D-Dude, don't get me wrong, okay? It's just guy love, right? Between two guys?

#6 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:19 AM

If my college had cartoon network on their tv's I might attempt to watch this.

#7 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

They're using a CGI style now?

Boooooooo.

794144.png?13383682

#8 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

Wait a minute.... THAT'S KNUCKLES???
I swear I thought it was gonna be a new character for the cartoons or something...

wait what, 11 minutes only? So it's gonna be like some comedy short?

Cut me out.

BTW, I still don't think that's knuckles, look at his hands. Oh wait, they have a cone-shape on them.

Dammit, THEY BETTER NOT RE-DESIGN KNUCKLES INTO THAT.

I SWEAR. THE BETTER NOT USE THAT KNUCKLES DESIGN INTO THE GAMES. That's maybe why the didn't want to show knuckles in lost world, maybe because he has a new design. That I think is terrible.

Edited by Doc, 02 October 2013 - 08:16 AM.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:20 AM

Mournblade, on 02 Oct 2013 - 4:13 PM, said:

That puberty.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

I was considering trying it out, but once I read comedy, all interest was lost. CN is rainbow anyway.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#11 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

Nipples the Enchilada looks quite spooky, don't you agree?

#12 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

I'll just continue retaining the optimistically cautious attitude I've had with every other cartoon that's come out in the past 10 years...

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

#13 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

I'll give it a go, but only if Jaleel White voices Sonic. Don't see why they needed to make Knuckles look super buff, and have some of Sonic's quills sticking out.

#14 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:01 PM

wait what, 11 minutes only? So it's gonna be like some comedy short?

Pretty much every single cartoon is only 11 minutes long, remember when you were a kid, 2 episodes were shown every 30 minutes, fitted with 10 minutes of advertisement. 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#15 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

I'll reserve my judgement until I see it.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#16 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

I'll try it out but i wish it wasn't targeted toward 6-11 year olds. Especially since they're using CG animation.  

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#17 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

Why the hell does Knuckles look so buff!?

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#18 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

Well the cartoon isn't coming until Fall next year so Sega has plenty of time to either keep the character designs or change them. Who knows, maybe they're designed that way because Sega thinks it'll make them look more comedic?

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#19 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

Knuckles_WTF_SEGA.png

Pretty much every single cartoon is only 11 minutes long, remember when you were a kid, 2 episodes were shown every 30 minutes, fitted with 10 minutes of advertisement. 

All the other sonic cartoons were atleast 20 minutes long.

Edited by Doc, 02 October 2013 - 01:45 PM.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#20 Mocha Bear

Mocha Bear

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

Knuckles_WTF_SEGA.png

All the other sonic cartoons were atleast 20 minutes long.

And? If the episodes are good I see no problem. Though considering it's a comedy show I hope for some Aosth callbacks. Maybe have Sonic put on a disguise in a similar way to Aosth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!