#1 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

thats weird isn't it , alot of developers make games for wii u but never include online do you know why?

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

They don't include online because no games include online.

That is seriously the logic third party companies use.
Nintendo just don't have any of their online games ready.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

In order for online games to work, their needs to be servers to host them. Ms and sony, being electronics/technology companies with a games division on the side, have a wealth of servers to provide third parties with for a nomina' fee.

Nintendo as of right now, doesnt. 3rd parties need to purchase service and mantain their own servers to be used for nintendo games.

Couple that with the small install base and most companies just dont feel theeffort would be rewarded with profit.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

No nintendo games have online, lol

3D world and Mario party 3DS should have had online, I think nintendo just wants to appeal more to younger audiences.

794144.png?13383682

#5 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:38 AM

i guess if Nintendo improves servers i guess we can win more developers

#6 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

No nintendo games have online, lol

3D world and Mario party 3DS should have had online, I think nintendo just wants to appeal more to younger audiences.

What's the connection between those two arguments?

i guess if Nintendo improves servers i guess we can win more developers

The servers are fine. The problem is that nobody plays on them.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#7 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

okay so why don't Nintendo promote online gameplay

#8 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

okay so why don't Nintendo promote online gameplay

Because online players already have a console, it's called PlayStation and Xbox

Posted Image

#9 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

then definitely Wii U will fail because most 3rd party developers are focusing on online .

GTA V  has even a separate online game , EA origin , Uplay passport ,PES online ,bioshock season pass.

if nintendo gives better access for all developers i just mentioned we would get more games + majority of gamers play online

#10 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

then definitely Wii U will fail because most 3rd party developers are focusing on online .

GTA V  has even a separate online game , EA origin , Uplay passport ,PES online ,bioshock season pass.

if nintendo gives better access for all developers i just mentioned we would get more games + majority of gamers play online

NINTENDO ALREADY GIVES DEVELOPERS ALL THE ACCESS THEY NEED. PEOPLE JUST DON'T PLAY ONLINE.

Posted Image

#11 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

Sometimes I don't like not having such streamlined online features, but at the same time as a family man I really appreciate the fact that Nintendo is the only console manufacturer/game publisher left that really emphasizes local co-op.  The claim of modern online gaming is that the machines are connecting people, and it is nice to be able to play games with people that don't live nearby, but I think they're also disconnecting us from those around us.  I appreciate robust local co-op features that encourage gaming as a family, with friends, etc all in the same room where we can see each other and really enjoy the experience together.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#12 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

NINTENDO ALREADY GIVES DEVELOPERS ALL THE ACCESS THEY NEED. PEOPLE JUST DON'T PLAY ONLINE.

not enough people with wiiu's thats the problem.

#13 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

Sometimes I don't like not having such streamlined online features, but at the same time as a family man I really appreciate the fact that Nintendo is the only console manufacturer/game publisher left that really emphasizes local co-op. The claim of modern online gaming is that the machines are connecting people, and it is nice to be able to play games with people that don't live nearby, but I think they're also disconnecting us from those around us. I appreciate robust local co-op features that encourage gaming as a family, with friends, etc all in the same room where we can see each other and really enjoy the experience together.

Totally agree. I spend far more time playing on the same console with my girlfriend than I do online with strangers.

#14 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

More people would play online if it was easier to do so. Nintendo does not have the most well known record for easy online play. The previous consoles required that you had to have a huge friend code to add via the console on both users ends. If not added both your code on their end and their code on your end you could not even send text based messages. While none of these features carried over to the games or even overlayed (As in similar to the XMB, Dashboard, SIG, XIG, et cetera to continue a form of communication). Once you did get the games open on the Wii you had long friend codes for each game. Which again had to be entered on both ends or it would not let you connect. Oh and connecting to a friend sure was not easy as you had to be searching for a game the exact time your friend was in Nintendo games. Of course there was a few Wii games to get around the friend code thing, but you still needed a new friends list per game. Not to mention how bad mic support was with Nintendo Wii. You had Wii Speak only support for like three games & USB mic support for like three games. (Even previous consoles NGC 5 multiplayer games with network card attachment & no mic while PS2 & Xbox had servers and mic support).

Now you are struck with similar issues with the Wii U. The communication means are quiet akward in terms of Mii verse, USB & audio jack mics are a game to game basis on support, et cetera. I mean, which would you pick if going for convenience via online? The one with uneversal support or the one that is all over the place. I know if I was just going to choose based on just coming home to kick back & play with friends it would be the easier one. (The one I don't have to call them up on the phone to know what they are doing to get a game started).

Sometimes I don't like not having such streamlined online features, but at the same time as a family man I really appreciate the fact that Nintendo is the only console manufacturer/game publisher left that really emphasizes local co-op. The claim of modern online gaming is that the machines are connecting people, and it is nice to be able to play games with people that don't live nearby, but I think they're also disconnecting us from those around us[/b]. I appreciate robust local co-op features that encourage gaming as a family, with friends, etc all in the same room where we can see each other and really enjoy the experience together.

I think that really depends on the game. Because some games are just not suited for multiple characters on the screen at once. Unless you are split screening something & uggh can that be a nightmare depending on how the split it. While other games work fine with all the players on screen moving about there own ways. I personally dislike the games with lock world camera & everyone on screen at once. It never is to fun when in a game you have someone wanting to continue on, but have someone wanting to go back so neither of you can progress. Either leading to game deaths, possible bickering based off the adults/kids playing, or other crap.

My overall point being is it just doesn't work on everything & this disconnection to others as you put it is a good thing in some games. (Though I do enjoy local co-op when it is in the games best to do so).

Edited by UnholyVision, 05 October 2013 - 04:13 PM.

#15 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:08 AM

More people would play online if it was easier to do so. Nintendo does not have the most well known record for easy online play. The previous consoles required that you had to have a huge friend code to add via the console on both users ends. If not added both your code on their end and their code on your end you could not even send text based messages. While none of these features carried over to the games or even overlayed (As in similar to the XMB, Dashboard, SIG, XIG, et cetera to continue a form of communication). Once you did get the games open on the Wii you had long friend codes for each game. Which again had to be entered on both ends or it would not let you connect. Oh and connecting to a friend sure was not easy as you had to be searching for a game the exact time your friend was in Nintendo games. Of course there was a few Wii games to get around the friend code thing, but you still needed a new friends list per game. Not to mention how bad mic support was with Nintendo Wii. You had Wii Speak only support for like three games & USB mic support for like three games. (Even previous consoles NGC 5 multiplayer games with network card attachment & no mic while PS2 & Xbox had servers and mic support).
Now you are struck with similar issues with the Wii U. The communication means are quiet akward in terms of Mii verse, USB & audio jack mics are a game to game basis on support, et cetera. I mean, which would you pick if going for convenience via online? The one with uneversal support or the one that is all over the place. I know if I was just going to choose based on just coming home to kick back & play with friends it would be the easier one. (The one I don't have to call them up on the phone to know what they are doing to get a game started).

Since when did the Wii's online problems have anything to do with the lack of online players on Wii U? And the retorical question.. Are you going to buy a system which has 2 people for an online play community, or are you going to buy a system which all your friends already have and play? You see, it's not always about convenience, it's more about where your friends community is, and it's not on the Wii U for most people. That's why there's no one playing AC3 online, and games such as Batman and others wont have online multiplayer, because there wont be any players anyway.

Posted Image

#16 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

guys i own an Xbox 360 and all i have to do to play online is connect to xbox live and open  game and choose multiplayer and the server will search for any random opponent, if i want to play with a friend i would just choose him from the list and he can join me

#17 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

Since when did the Wii's online problems have anything to do with the lack of online players on Wii U? And the retorical question.. Are you going to buy a system which has 2 people for an online play community, or are you going to buy a system which all your friends already have and play? You see, it's not always about convenience, it's more about where your friends community is, and it's not on the Wii U for most people. That's why there's no one playing AC3 online, and games such as Batman and others wont have online multiplayer, because there wont be any players anyway.

Yes, I will agree you can buy the system where your friends are. (Why you would buy just for your friends and not yourself is kind of silly to me. It is not what your friends want to play, but what you want to play & enjoy). Problem is not every gamers so called friends are gamers too. Nor does everyone have a computer by to use a voip program such as skype, so you can search all at once, or want a phone bill via long distance or not just to get a game going (Heck, look at how people refuse to call each other now with all the silly texting. Of course texting is an option too, but not everyone wants to pay for text charges or a texting plan). If the Wii U had a chat system that carried over into games you could make the whole connecting to games easier if it did the whole searching for friends crap like most of the Wii games. (Also, I know Wii U has inviting systems, but that again is a bit cumbersome).If they did it would likely lack support for USB mics with some kind of Wii Speak crap required just to use it. Which I guess that would not be such a problem if you wanted to talk to just friends, but what is the next game gets a special headset like the Wii spliting the community so you can't easily make new friends. I for one don't just add anyone to chat without knowing how they behave in game. The last thing I need is to add some crazy screamer or stalker type to get hounded. (Oh and I already have an internet stalker. That has made countless new accounts spamming me with add friend messages, trying to get me to add them again on the 360/PS3. Love the block button, but still having to do that multiple times is a pain. It is not as bad as it use to be, but the guy still gets me out like two new friend requests a month).

Convenience is a deal breaker for most alot of people in this western world today. If it is a paragraph long it is "TL|DR", if they can't find it they just give up (Can't tell you how many times I have seen this happen. Specially on mic push to talk settings on the PC), if it is even remotely a little complex, "I can't do it and shouldn't have to", et cetera. If it was more seemless you would find more people checking in because of something as silly as "I don't understand" can keep a majority of the more casual time to time gamers away. Sadly, this is just how it is, like it or not. (Also, in no way am I saying everyone is not playing for this. There will likely always be a few, unless the game just didn't sell well).

#18 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

Having poor online capabilities DOES NOT mean a console will fail. Online is an important feature but is not what makes or breaks the system. Remember when Xbox One was announced and there was this huge issue about the 24 online connection that was mandatory to operate the system, Internet isn't always a good solution. Also GTAV is struggling to even maintain there servers, hardly anyone is able to get on let alone play it properly, oh and Origin sucks b**ls....it's absolutely atrocious.

Basically the simple answer to your question is that there isn't enough people using online to account for the cost of renting and maintaing the servers. Multiplayer in most games is treated as a very secondary thing, by that i mean it is hardly the main focus. Call of Duty focuses a lot of resources purely on the multiplayer side while games like Assassins Creed puts far less into their multiplayer since these types of games weren't really designed for a multiplayer experience. There is fun to be had with the WiiU's online but if you're just another Nintendo hater than you will probably not find much enjoyment in this. Why do I say this, because they don't give Nintendo a chance. If you want third party, buy it on a different console so you don't have to whine about a few small features that are missing, it's as simple as that.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#19 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

guys i own an Xbox 360 and all i have to do to play online is connect to xbox live and open  game and choose multiplayer and the server will search for any random opponent, if i want to play with a friend i would just choose him from the list and he can join me

I'm sorry, but am I the only one who feels like this guy is an Xbox fanboy/troll? Don't get me wrong, I don't want him to be, but just look at the above post. I feel like he could've been one of the employees Microsoft hired to go around at the Best Buy to ask people why they're playing Wii U when they could play Xbone. Or maybe one of the employees they hired to cheer during their E3 presentation.

This issue has essentially already been beaten to death on these forums, so I don't even really see why a thread like this would be started. Every single time we've been shafted out of online we discuss this, and basically you have the angry pessimists who try to blame everything on Nintendo for not sucking third party pegasus generator, and you have the other side with realizes most of the time, it's just the fact that the third parties hate Nintendo and it's fans for the most part, most likely for the same reason Xbox fanboys hate Nintendo and it's fans. They feel that they are big testosterone fuelled, adrenaline pumping men, and that if they're not splattering blood on walls they'll lose that, and therefore, no longer be a man (obviously). Their pegasus generator and final exams will fall off, and the will simply cease to be men any more. Of course if you're playing Nintendo systems, none of the games involve any cool stuff like killing people, so it's just NOT an option (at least that's what all their friends who don't own a Wii u say, so it must be true).

Also, Nintendo doesn't straight up, or indirectly pay companies to make games for them (Bayonetta 2 being the exception to the rule) so as far as third parties are concerned, they are the devil.

There's your answer.

Oh yeah, not to mention the obvious fact the Wii U has the least capabilities out of any system since the N64 (also confirmed by non-Wii U owners and biased game journalists (the same reliable geniuses who gave the spot on prediction of the 3DS' demise)). 

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#20 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:30 AM

guys i am not

I'm sorry, but am I the only one who feels like this guy is an Xbox fanboy/troll? Don't get me wrong, I don't want him to be, but just look at the above post. I feel like he could've been one of the employees Microsoft hired to go around at the Best Buy to ask people why they're playing Wii U when they could play Xbone. Or maybe one of the employees they hired to cheer during their E3 presentation.

This issue has essentially already been beaten to death on these forums, so I don't even really see why a thread like this would be started. Every single time we've been shafted out of online we discuss this, and basically you have the angry pessimists who try to blame everything on Nintendo for not sucking third party pegasus generator, and you have the other side with realizes most of the time, it's just the fact that the third parties hate Nintendo and it's fans for the most part, most likely for the same reason Xbox fanboys hate Nintendo and it's fans. They feel that they are big testosterone fuelled, adrenaline pumping men, and that if they're not splattering blood on walls they'll lose that, and therefore, no longer be a man (obviously). Their pegasus generator and final exams will fall off, and the will simply cease to be men any more. Of course if you're playing Nintendo systems, none of the games involve any cool stuff like killing people, so it's just NOT an option (at least that's what all their friends who don't own a Wii u say, so it must be true).

Also, Nintendo doesn't straight up, or indirectly pay companies to make games for them (Bayonetta 2 being the exception to the rule) so as far as third parties are concerned, they are the devil.

There's your answer.

Oh yeah, not to mention the obvious fact the Wii U has the least capabilities out of any system since the N64 (also confirmed by non-Wii U owners and biased game journalists (the same reliable geniuses who gave the spot on prediction of the 3DS' demise)). 

I am not a Xbox fan boy , i owned a DS , GBA ,N64, am a Nintendo freak, but the reason i got an Xbox 360  is because i never liked the Wii  .

iam maybe not a Zelda nor Mario fan and i don't think that makes me an Xbox fan boy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!