Photo

Wind waker HD hard copy No instruction pamphlet or booklet?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 riffbear

riffbear

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

HI all just obtained a copy and there is no instructions in the packaging...

Is this correct?

Just a wii-u leaflet and points card, :(

#2 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

Nope.

Just checked mine. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#3 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

Tis sad but true, nintendo is getting rid of the manuals! W101 didn't have it either  D: 

#4 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

Mine came with a manual for the electronic manual.

And to think Nintendo games used to practically come with a whole story book.

Edited by grahamf, 05 October 2013 - 06:53 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#5 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

All digital now.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#6 riffbear

riffbear

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

They're becoming APPLE.

#7 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:55 PM

Eeeer how is that a bad thing???

Firstly, manuals barely help me, I like to figure out how to play a game unless if it's Chess, and secondly a manual already exists electronically.

I usually lose my manuals in anyway.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#8 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

I understand some people treasure manuals, but for many of us they make no sense.

Game tutorials made manuals largely redundant some time ago, and the RAM of modern consoles means being able to pop open an in-game manual is now practical too.

More importantly, as games are available digitally they HAVE to make a digital version of the manual.  In that case it makes more sense to ditch the printed manual and have it in the game itself, so everyone gets the same thing.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 06 October 2013 - 11:36 AM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#9 Sachmach29

Sachmach29

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

They're becoming APPLE.

Good.
Hey I'm a huge mario, Zelda, and smash bros junkie, have a Wii U and 3DS and I can't upload some sweet box art concept for super smash bros :(

#10 ifrit05

ifrit05

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

Yes I too miss the times where I was more interested in reading the manual first before popping in my new game. But look at it this way; all Wii U games cases are "Eco-Friendly", ie thin/less plastic. Nintendo is really trying to "Go Green" this Generation which is amendable (All manufacturers should do this, DVD/BD, CD, PC, Games etc). They would rather have a digital version of the manual accessed by the console then use up valuable resources (Trees) making thousands of Game Manuals.

Now that's not to say I would love for them to be just really High quality Profession PDF-Like scans of the original/old style manuals with art and stuff but meh, if it's not broke...

I'm not an environmental activist, just my two cents.  

ifrit05s.png

Nintendo Network ID: ifrit05

Wii U Deluxe

#11 dustinb12

dustinb12

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    CM Punk, Zelda, Mario, Batman, ECW

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

well at least we don't have to get up anymore...

Save the Deku trees!

#12 McMurphy

McMurphy

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • NNID:McMurphy
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Dragon Quest

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

Yeah, the age of video game manuals is long gone. I have to admit I was the nerd who liked to, at the very least, thumb through the manual prior to popping in the game for the first time. :rolleyes:

Does anyone else remember just how thick the instruction manual for the original Super Mario Bros (NES) was? They explained EVERYTHING in that thing...even as to why a player got points for smashing a brick.

And. in case you were wondering why, you got points for smashing bricks because doing so released the souls of Mushroom Kingdom citizens who were transformed into that state by King Bowser. ;)

Edited by McMurphy, 14 October 2013 - 02:53 PM.

gunslinger_nintendowiiu_banner2.png

#13 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

Yes I too miss the times where I was more interested in reading the manual first before popping in my new game. But look at it this way; all Wii U games cases are "Eco-Friendly", ie thin/less plastic. Nintendo is really trying to "Go Green" this Generation which is amendable (All manufacturers should do this, DVD/BD, CD, PC, Games etc). They would rather have a digital version of the manual accessed by the console then use up valuable resources (Trees) making thousands of Game Manuals.

Now that's not to say I would love for them to be just really High quality Profession PDF-Like scans of the original/old style manuals with art and stuff but meh, if it's not broke...

I'm not an environmental activist, just my two cents.  

Lol. I remember popping in a game and reading the manual while it was loading. But as tech moves forward there isnt that much of a point.

Most games dont have long load times. And then you can get a manual online and use it from your phone, tablet or pc.

I have also seen some cheap dvds coming in only a paper slevee. And i know they love the digital downloads they make more money and more enviroment freindly.

even tho i hate digital only games. i like my hard copies of my game at lest.

*edit

lol when i saw the eco friendly my brain kick in and went crazy.

What if they made a bio degradable wii u game for majora's mask where you only have 3 hrs to beat the game before it goes bad lol....

and fyi they did do this with some dvds before gamefly and netflix.

Edited by xile6, 14 October 2013 - 03:32 PM.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!