#1 BrandonsBeard

BrandonsBeard

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda. Kid Icarus. MK7.

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:34 AM

I want to begin by asking your opinion on what matter of actions I should take.

Once the Zelda: Windwaker HD was announced I immediately went in to preorder. I am a Zelda junkie and always do so. I own the custom 3DS, Skyward Sword Bundle and DSLite and actually use them pretty hardcore. The day that Gamestop announced the limited edition Windwaker, I immediately went to upgrade my regular version. Which was the same as a regular WiiU game at $60. I didnt want the Custom WiiU because it didnt seem too much worth it for the same system I already have. So I preordered the limited edition game and the waiting had started. I went and paid it all off two weeks ago when I had all the funds and all i had to do was pick it up on the 4th of October. Incidentally enough I wasnt in the area of gamestop yesterday the 4th and was out all day with work from 8 to 5 and school from 6 to 10. I had to wait until the 5th to actually get it. Worried though I called on the 4th and asked them what the holding policy on preoder games were. They said all stores are universal and hold games for 48 hours. He even went as far as to tell me he was looking at my copy now and said it will be here tomorrow when I decide to come in and pick it up.

So today I go in to get it and they cant find it. a half hour passes and they are still looking for it. Finally they look up in the transactions and yes indeed they sold it. THEY SOLD MY F@#&ING COPY OF A LIMITED EDITION PREORDER THAT I SPECIFICALLY CALLED THE DAY BEFORE TO ASSURE I WOULD'NT FORFEIT THE COPY.

I am beyond livid. I cancelled all my other prorders for Pokemon X, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and COD: Ghosts. He said there are only three stores in America with an extra copy that hasn't been picked up yet. He has to wait for the end of tonight before he can try to get it mailed to them. But he said it isn't looking good. He gave me the customer service number and their store number. I really don't know what coarse of action to do.

I dont know if this belongs in this section or not, but i would just really like someones output on what steps I should take on this measure. I don't imagine this is a normal situation with a limited edition game, maybe running out of a regular version. But it should never be allowed to happen for a limited edition. IE a limited edition that sold out in two days. Anyway please let me know your opinions on my horrible misfortune.

Posted Image

NNID: BrandonsBeard

3DS: 2277-7039-6132

Message me before adding so I can input your ID as well

#2 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:13 AM

They sold mine off as well then the guy tried to sell the basic edition to me (I got my $60 back and bought the basic from Walmart). This isn't the first time Gamestop has done shady stuff. I pre ordered Resident Evil Revelations and all the 3DS cases were gone. 

#3 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:23 AM

These gamestops must suck. I love the one i go to. We're actually pretty good frienda with the employees.

#4 Sachmach29

Sachmach29

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:31 AM

GameStop actually told me they were selling some guys deluxe Wii U to me, poor guy.
Hey I'm a huge mario, Zelda, and smash bros junkie, have a Wii U and 3DS and I can't upload some sweet box art concept for super smash bros :(

#5 flowerlandfilms

flowerlandfilms

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:40 AM

EB Games [The Australian arm of Gamestop] is the same way.
I got screwed on the price when i=I picked up my launch day Wii U at midnight.
I had pre-ordered the Premium and he was trying to give me a basic, and he had told me that if I ordered games and a controller with the console he would lower the price.
Never happened and I had to borrow money from a friend to cover it, as I had the exact cash amount he quoted me.
I looked like an idiot being first in line.

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:39 AM

So they can take the reservation, but they can't hold the reservation. Sounds familiar.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:46 AM

Well, that sucks.

Can`t they give you a copy on the next shipment?

#8 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:22 AM

Well, that sucks.

Can`t they give you a copy on the next shipment?

Are there going to be more shipments of these??

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#9 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:29 AM

torch their store. >: D

Edited by meitantei_conan, 06 October 2013 - 06:29 AM.

#10 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:54 AM

Are there going to be more shipments of these??

I suppose Nintendo will supply stores at least for this year.

#11 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:56 AM

Wow... my mom pre-ordered the regular version of me, went to gamestop, asked for the limited edition with gannondorf, paid the extra cash and boom bought it.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#12 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

I suppose Nintendo will supply stores at least for this year.

"Limited edition"

From Nintendo, that means they're gone by the end of the month.

#13 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

the same thing happened to my brother. go complain excessively until you get the service you paid for and don't take no for an answer. Make it known to both Nintendo and Gamestop that you are unhappy with their service, but be respectful. Inform Nintendo that their retail partners (gamestop) have screwed you over and and make it clear you expect to get the service you paid for. I can't believe they did it to my brother who went to pick his up on friday after school. I got the wii u bundle because I didn't have one yet, and he was going to get the limited edition so we would have unique limited edition items and now he got completely screwed out of it.

#14 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

"Limited edition"

From Nintendo, that means they're gone by the end of the month.

I hope not.
With BF and the holidays, they would benefit from it. Actually the Zelda bundle is also limited - as will be the Lego City bundle in Europe.

#15 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

I hope not.
With BF and the holidays, they would benefit from it. Actually the Zelda bundle is also limited - as will be the Lego City bundle in Europe.

Yeah, it sucks, but it creates quick sales.

#16 Kermit

Kermit

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

Exactly the same thing happened to me, but at the Game store in the UK. Went in yesterday to pick up my preordered game with a Ganondorf statue and they'd sold it!

However, they phoned around other stores and found one, then ordered it for me, then gave me a standard copy of the game for FREE on loan until it arrives. I'm going to complete the game before I take it back, then keep the limited edition version boxed brand new. Those statues are already selling for quite a lot on ebay, without the game included.

Wii U - WaxiesDargle / 3DS - 4897-5995-1582

Posted Image

#17 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:05 AM

Yeah, it sucks, but it creates quick sales.

Yeah, that`s what they are meant to do.

Curious to see if they will keep the standard NintendoLand bundle next year or if they will change it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: livid, gamestop, wiiu, zelda, windwakerhd, limitededition, preorder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!