Photo

Nintendo says this mario sight is illegal.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

http://www.washingto...it-shouldnt-be/

The article is long and I'm on a tab so... I don't want to go through the hassle. BUT

even if this guy says it shouldn't be....it still is by law. I don't think nintendo can sue the is guy but I know they cand request to have it removed. Honestly I know this sight won't really hurt them but it still technically is illegal so Nintendo does have the right to btch lol

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

A Mario Sight?

You mean a thing that lets you see things like Mario sees them?

OOOOh it's a web SITE.

I see.

It's infringing on their intellectual property rights.

The game itself is not, but the branding they're using is clearly owned by Nintendo, and was thought of by Miyamoto, of Nintendo.

Edited by Nollog, 17 October 2013 - 09:52 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:39 AM

LOL ...We are struggling to get more games with improved graphics for wii u and nintendo is yapping about an 8-bit game.

i know its there property but come on Nintendo its just an 8-bit game

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:01 AM

LOL ...We are struggling to get more games with improved graphics for wii u and nintendo is yapping about an 8-bit game.

LOL, you know nothing about business and protecting a brand.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:25 AM

an 8 bit game that's still illegal to pirate...

And Cozmo, it's "Site", i was really confused at first until I read the article :D

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#6 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:01 AM

POPULAR

you don't even own a Wii U.  you sold it to get a PS4, remember?  you are not struggling to get any games with improved graphics.

why are you here?

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#7 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:39 AM

Uh...it's illegal. Very illegal.

Last I checked, Nintendo still actively sells this game on the Wii U/3DS, so...yeah. That's illegal.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#8 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

this is Nintendo we're talking about. They'll probably start suing let's plays on youtube for Gods sake. They have no concept that these sites are free advertising. Do they really think that anyone is paying for the original mario these days? Really?

#9 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

you don't even own a Wii U.  you sold it to get a PS4, remember?  you are not struggling to get any games with improved graphics.

why are you here?

dude my account got hacked , i have wii u right now with me and i was playing  AC3 an hour a go .
i also apologize about my previous post ( i never knew they were sold on VC )

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

POPULAR

this is Nintendo we're talking about. They'll probably start suing let's plays on youtube for Gods sake. They have no concept that these sites are free advertising. Do they really think that anyone is paying for the original mario these days? Really?

Exactly the problem they're trying to fight.

Well done!

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

I have the VC version on 3DS

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#12 Mocha Bear

Mocha Bear

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Persona, Spiderman, Sonic

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

Aww, I thought this was something interesting considering the whole "mario sight" thing.

Well, I don't know about you but I actually, like, pay for my games.

- You're so money and you don't even know it!

- D-Dude, don't get me wrong, okay? It's just guy love, right? Between two guys?

#13 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

Exactly the problem they're trying to fight.

Well done!

lol, i've payed my dues. I bought the original mario bros when it first came out. do you really think they're trying to combat piracy with this stance? It's MARIO 1! 1! I love the mindless loyalty to a corporation that does nothing but take advantage of it's loyal customers by rehashing the same game over and over again. Maybe that's why they're worried about the site, it's actually creating something more unique than Nintendo can do with Mario :)

#14 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

an 8 bit game that's still illegal to pirate...

And Cozmo, it's "Site", i was really confused at first until I read the article :D

lol oops. ill keep that in mind next time.

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

lol, i've payed my dues. I bought the original mario bros when it first came out. do you really think they're trying to combat piracy with this stance? It's MARIO 1! 1! I love the mindless loyalty to a corporation that does nothing but take advantage of it's loyal customers by rehashing the same game over and over again. Maybe that's why they're worried about the site, it's actually creating something more unique than Nintendo can do with Mario :)

That's right again, you should be a lawyer.

Nintendo protecting their IP like this to further make money is exactly their goal here.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

That's right again, you should be a lawyer.

Nintendo protecting their IP like this to further make money is exactly their goal here.

oh you are a witty one. Nintendo is focusing on protecting the IP of a 30 year old game instead of making NEW games. Priorities abound! Am I...right again? I'll just assume you're a broken record and I am ^^

#17 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

oh you are a witty one. Nintendo is focusing on protecting the IP of a 30 year old game instead of making NEW games. Priorities abound! Am I...right again? I'll just assume you're a broken record and I am ^^

Because their legal team is totally the same as their development studios...

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#18 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

If you search original super marios on google or something you can play the full game without downloading or anything, do you have any idea how many of those websites they can sue? And what about emulators?

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#19 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

It's doing something unique by grabbing the original Mario and uploading it on a website?

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

They do both.

Wii Fit, Wii Sports, Wii Music, Wii Party, Wii Play. All new Intellectual properties.

They'll protect those properties in 30 years too, no doubt.

It's doing something unique by grabbing the original Mario and uploading it on a website?

It's only using the Mario assets, it's all custom code most likely.

If they reskinned it there'd be no issue.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!