Photo

What if... (About Wii U's Holiday Line Up)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Jason777123

Jason777123

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

So I'm sure that we all know DKC:TF got delayed until next year and that Mario Kart 8 comes out in Spring along with SSB sometime next year as well.

So if I'm correct, that leaves us with Super Mario 3D World as this holiday's premier Wii U title, but what if all of these games were coming out this holiday instead? Yeah, yeah, I know, Nintendo needed more time, but let's just say they somehow managed to complete all of these games in time for this holiday season (without any downgrade in quality).

How do you think the Wii U would fair against the PS4/Xbone in that situation. Exactly how much of a difference in impact would there be? Let's discuss...

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

no difference, nintendo still for casuals.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

Smash and Mario kart vs ps4/xbox1? Big difference. Plus only die hard buy consoles at launch. And not only. Wii U could be for awesome casuals, and hardcore. Thats what I'm using it for, buying two consoles is ridiculus.

Stupid Snowmads!

#4 Thrash13

Thrash13

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Donkey Kong

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros 4 will both move as many or more units than 3D World, so it definitely would've made a difference. You can say what you want about casual gamers, but a lot of Sony and Microsoft lovers enjoy those two games. I'm glad they will release in 2014 though. The Wii U already has a strong lineup for next year, and as far as I know, the other two systems aren't overloaded with great 2014 releases.

#5 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:26 AM

I think having a constant flow of games will help more long term. It could have been good but at the same time maybe you'd be getting less sales next year.

#6 Kyle1503

Kyle1503

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Kyle1503
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:17 AM

Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros 4 will both move as many or more units than 3D World, so it definitely would've made a difference. You can say what you want about casual gamers, but a lot of Sony and Microsoft lovers enjoy those two games. I'm glad they will release in 2014 though. The Wii U already has a strong lineup for next year, and as far as I know, the other two systems aren't overloaded with great 2014 releases.

Elder Scrolls Online is a good 2014 release!

#7 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:27 AM

i totaly agree

#8 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:01 AM

Smash and Mario kart vs ps4/xbox1? Big difference. Plus only die hard buy consoles at launch. And not only. Wii U could be for awesome casuals, and hardcore. Thats what I'm using it for, buying two consoles is ridiculus.

I agree.  Don't really have the money for multiple home consoles early in the generation which is why I was so glad to hear that things were supposedly different with 3rd parties this time around.  Oh well.  After a few years and a number of price drops on PS4 maybe I can pick one up.  

Oh and don't take Nollog's comments about this too seriously, lol.  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

I agree.  Don't really have the money for multiple home consoles early in the generation which is why I was so glad to hear that things were supposedly different with 3rd parties this time around.  Oh well.  After a few years and a number of price drops on PS4 maybe I can pick one up.  

Oh and don't take Nollog's comments about this too seriously, lol.  

Didn't you buy like 3 wii u's this year?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

Didn't you buy like 3 wii u's this year?

Sort of.  I originally had a deluxe model that I sold so I could buy the Wind Waker bundle.  Then recently on Craigslist I found a really good deal on a white 8gb system with about 5 games that was priced low enough to justify buying it and then reselling the console to keep the games at basically no cost.  So there I was "investing" a little money to get some free games.  I got that money back.  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

#11 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

Sort of. I originally had a deluxe model that I sold so I could buy the Wind Waker bundle. Then recently on Craigslist I found a really good deal on a white 8gb system with about 5 games that was priced low enough to justify buying it and then reselling the console to keep the games at basically no cost. So there I was "investing" a little money to get some free games. I got that money back.

Some how this reminds me of that Vietnamese guy in the 80's who had that infomercial about buying houses with credit cards and flipping them for huge profits.

Ok. Not really. But he did make me laugh.

#12 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

Some how this reminds me of that Vietnamese guy in the 80's who had that infomercial about buying houses with credit cards and flipping them for huge profits.

Ok. Not really. But he did make me laugh.

lol yeah, I've actually done that sort of thing a few times.  Sometimes a person will list a really good bundle deal on Craigslist that can be bought, divided up into pieces sold individually on eBay, etc to make a reasonable profit on the original cash investment.  Right now that's the easiest way for me to justify video game purchases to my wife :)  She stays at home right now with our baby and there's not a lot of extra $$ in my paycheck for gaming

Edited by kokirii, 19 October 2013 - 11:35 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

#13 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

lol yeah, I've actually done that sort of thing a few times. Sometimes a person will list a really good bundle deal on Craigslist that can be bought, divided up into pieces sold individually on eBay, etc to make a reasonable profit on the original cash investment. Right now that's the easiest way for me to justify video game purchases to my wife :) She stays at home right now with our baby and there's not a lot of extra $$ in my paycheck for gaming

The closest I have come to doing something like that was c on the WoW auction house. But it wasn't real-life. ..so I guess it doesn't count 8)

#14 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • NNID:RetroBlast
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Zelda, Ricochet Infinity

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

I really wish Gatling Gears, Lara Croft Guardian of Light, and Robotron were being released this Christmas !!! but those other games you mentioned would have had a major impact on sales being up ... way up ... I hope I'm shocked with holiday sales figures ...but I'm bracing for the worst and hoping for the best.

You know, if they released my avitar on the 3DS, it would help that system sell even more!

Edited by RETROBLAST, 19 October 2013 - 08:04 PM.

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#15 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:01 AM

Dark Souls 2 in March...

I don't necessarily think it would matter because the damage per se was already done with the low install base leading up to the holidays (although a recent story said September Wii U sales #s jumped 200% from August in the U.S.).  With the XBOX 1 and PS4 coming out, I don't think people would lay out the money for the Wii U system AND those games AND the other next-gen systems.  If they already owned the Wii U, then of course they would be much more likely to pick up these games.

Nintendo would've been smart (maybe they still will) to allow some kind of a bundled deal even with the price cut for BF and leading up to Christmas.  2 games (including either NintendoLand or Windwaker) and the Deluxe system for $300 would be enough to get people to take a second look.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!