#1 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

I'm not gonna add spoilers of what Nintendo World Report's rating on Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut for the Wii U, but I'm gonna post a link for you to check it out.

http://www.nintendow...om/review/35754

Let us know what all of you think of their review.

Deus_Ex_Wii_U_ESRB_M.png

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#2 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

Nice to see game pad is well used but 25fps.... With that price tag!
Will wait for a cheap deal on pc as I never played the normal version.

Box art looks good.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#3 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

yeah seriously... no words for this. One this is a game not one single person would have thought would be coming to Wii U....

#4 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • NNID:RetroBlast
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Zelda, Ricochet Infinity

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

I'm interested in it ... the frame rate does not scare me at all, I think more games than you think run at that frame rate ... I'm pretty sure all the 3d zeldas do.

Its very interesting, every one is clamoring for 3rd party games, here we have one, and so far, it has one very good review, if they have a demo I'll grab it, if I like it, I'll buy it.

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#5 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

I'm interested in it ... the frame rate does not scare me at all, I think more games than you think run at that frame rate ... I'm pretty sure all the 3d zeldas do.

Its very interesting, every one is clamoring for 3rd party games, here we have one, and so far, it has one very good review, if they have a demo I'll grab it, if I like it, I'll buy it.

come on... yes everyone wants current relevant 3rd party games. Why didnt we get a GTA or anything other than this. not that its a bad game but what audience is buying this game? Do they really expect it to reach even 50,000 in sales? i mean this just isnt going to do well... it was doomed from the beginning.

#6 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:44 PM

http://frames-per-second.appspot.com/

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#7 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:47 PM

Most of what I have heard about this game is good, except the boss fights, and with those improved and game pad integration, it seems like its not a bad thing.  I can only assume that this appeals to people who like shooters and stealth games.  So if you like those kinds of games and don't own this on steam, xbox, or PS3, the Wii U version seems like the one to get.

This game appeals to shooting fans and I think there are enough of them out there that own a Wii U.  I remember the days when you would never see a game like this or COD on a Nintendo System.  So I welcome it, yes many people want GTA. that is not happening, but this is ... how is that a bad thing?

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#8 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

Maybe they didn't spend much on making this due to it just being a rehashed older game??
If this is the case they don't need to sell many for profit, however for me the main problem is the price!

As above where are the current NEW 3rd party games? Looking like I bought a WiiU for 'X' and maybe Bayo.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#9 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

One of my favorite games on Wii U now is RE Revelations, sure its a 3DS game, but I never played it on the 3DS, sure a lot of people complain about the graphics but to me they are just fine .... I am enjoying it.  The thing is, I played the demo first and liked it, so I got it ...If Deus x has a demo, I'll give it a whirl.

#10 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:21 AM

One of my favorite games on Wii U now is RE Revelations, sure its a 3DS game, but I never played it on the 3DS, sure a lot of people complain about the graphics but to me they are just fine .... I am enjoying it.  The thing is, I played the demo first and liked it, so I got it ...If Deus x has a demo, I'll give it a whirl.

I'll definitely give it a shot if there's a demo.

I never miss up on demos. They're great.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#11 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:30 AM

what happened to "wiiu is more polished then the pc version" ? Im still interested so I might get this. :P 

#12 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:48 AM

I'm interested in it ... the frame rate does not scare me at all, You mean besides the fact that the game more than likely runs at 30FPS or higher on the PS360/PC, and Squeenix went on record to say the game would be "more polished than the PC version"

I think more games than you think run at that frame rate ... I'm pretty sure all the 3d zeldas do. That they do, with the exception of Wind Waker HD. However, that doesn't make Dues Ex acceptable given that the Wii U has more power to work with.

Its very interesting, Yes?

every one is clamoring for 3rd party games, This is true.

here we have one, Yes. A third party game that's two years old, costs maybe $7 on the PS360, and regularly goes on sale for less than that on Steam. Yours for the low, low price of $50, whereas the PS360 versions perform better and cost $30!

and so far, it has one very good review, I'm fairly certain that Duke Nukem Forever/Big Rig Racing also got at least one very good review somewhere.

if they have a demo I'll grab it, if I like it, I'll buy it. I wouldn't be supporting a sub-par port.

Answers in italicized bold.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#13 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

Answers in italicized bold.

It has more then one good review.

http://www.metacriti...--directors-cut

#14 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

I think the game serves a few purposes. 1. Its a game release, we need those, 2. Its not a -KIDDY- game, Wii U needs Mature rated games to offset its totally kiddy image ... Even if someone does not buy it, it may make them feel better knowing Wii U has mature rated games. 3. It does not seem to be a sub port, it appears to be the definitive version and superior to the original. 4. I do not expect any company to revamp framerates, except Nintendo under certain circumstances, for any existing game, 5. Its a shooter, Wii U needs as many of those as it can get, 6. Its a port specially tweeked for the Wii U offering a better experience on the Wii U than any other console, 7. It now has several very high rated review, Wii U needs more games like that.

I fail to see all the hate coming out for this game, a game which seems to be meeting more requirements of what Wii U owners want,than most games have so far.

#15 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

I think the game serves a few purposes. 1. Its a game release, we need those, 2. Its not a -KIDDY- game, Wii U needs Mature rated games to offset its totally kiddy image ... Even if someone does not buy it, it may make them feel better knowing Wii U has mature rated games. 3. It does not seem to be a sub port, it appears to be the definitive version and superior to the original. 4. I do not expect any company to revamp framerates, except Nintendo under certain circumstances, for any existing game, 5. Its a shooter, Wii U needs as many of those as it can get, 6. Its a port specially tweeked for the Wii U offering a better experience on the Wii U than any other console, 7. It now has several very high rated review, Wii U needs more games like that.

I fail to see all the hate coming out for this game, a game which seems to be meeting more requirements of what Wii U owners want,than most games have so far.

The hate is that it's a 2 year old game that is $20 dollars higher than what is offered for other versions.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#16 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

from what I gather, its better than the other versions, the price will come down if you think its too much, wait.

#17 Sargiel

Sargiel

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

On amazon.co.uk it's still £23.99 for the Wii U version which is the price I pre-ordered at. Looking forward to giving it my own review once it's shipped :) 

The only disappointment in the Nintendoworld review is the wording around the graphics with them being described 'as good as' the Xbox and the PS3. My thought is that given that the Directors Cut started life as a Wii U exclusive and there was all the talk about making use of the graphical capabilities of the Wii U shouldn't there be a noticeable difference when compared to previous gen hardware? 

The reviews so far have been good although none of them have been very in depth so we just have to wait and see. I've already played through the Mac version of DX3 so have something to compare against. 

#18 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

train wreck

#19 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

On amazon.co.uk it's still £23.99 for the Wii U version which is the price I pre-ordered at. Looking forward to giving it my own review once it's shipped :) 

The only disappointment in the Nintendoworld review is the wording around the graphics with them being described 'as good as' the Xbox and the PS3. My thought is that given that the Directors Cut started life as a Wii U exclusive and there was all the talk about making use of the graphical capabilities of the Wii U shouldn't there be a noticeable difference when compared to previous gen hardware? 

The reviews so far have been good although none of them have been very in depth so we just have to wait and see. I've already played through the Mac version of DX3 so have something to compare against.

Its £22.85 on Shop To and you will get it a day before release unlike Amazon.

#20 Sargiel

Sargiel

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

Thanks for the tip! I've switched over to give Shop To a try (not used them before). 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deus Ex, Wii U, Adam Jensen, Square Enix, Straight Right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!