Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

http://gimmegimmegam...st-really-good/

I couldn't agree more, love that ninty are going down this route and hopefully the next zelda won't have a fi who constantly told me things I knew already :/

bring on non linear levels and exploration!

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#2 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:39 AM

Windwaker has some pretty hard parts though. At least a couple things rely on pure luck to complete. And I HATE that plant boss that hangs from the ceiling.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#3 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:25 AM

Unfortunately, having the right way of thinking about games doesn't necessarily translate to the games being designed that way. But it's good to hear they are at least thinking right.

#4 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:56 AM

Well they're going exactly the opposite of that view with the 3D Mario series.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#5 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:59 AM

Well they're going exactly the opposite of that view with the 3D Mario series.

I think the last 3D Mario games (SMG) are examples of games put together when they actually were trying to make games easier, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is quite easy and most importantly, you never get stuck, you always know what to do next. In Super Mario 64, I got stuck plenty of times, couldn't find the metal cap and so on. So to see whether they are going in the right direction, we have to compare 3D World with SMG2.

This is even more important in a Zelda game, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were quite boring precisely because you always knew where you were supposed to go next. I also think that the "core gamers", i.e. the economic majority of people buying games are 12-year old boys who don't want their games to be difficult. So making good games can be a bad business decision. I'd love Nintendo to be the developer that makes the interesting games, regardless of how much they sell. We'll see how this develops.

#6 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

hard is good, but have it actualy be hard, dont do it through broken mechanics and poor camera angle like sunshine did (and made worse on dolphin). 

i do want a harder mario game but i also want the more open 3d marios, that let casuals completly bypass some of the really hard levels to go beat bowser for the last time. so only the serious players needed to play the really hard levels.  

as for legand of zelda, no constant companion would be nice, as for getting lost, it would depend how long, i was one of the people who didnt like skyward soward, i saw enough gameplay to know they did have alot of good ideas, but there were many issues, linier gameplay was one of them, along with a art system that failed to prevent dull locations.

#7 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

dont do it through broken mechanics and poor camera angle like sunshine did (and made worse on dolphin). 

It wasn't made for dolphin, Dolphin is entirely irrelevant. 

But I really hope they make their games harder, and to get lost in a open world where it's fun to get lost so you can explore, Skyward Sword completely removed exploration! The only exploring you could do is in the sky, and even then you're not allowed to do anything on the other islands until you striked some blocks on the ground! and even Mario has gone downhill A LOT, from a lot of exploration in 64, to some in sunshine then galaxy only had 2 paths to go then 3D land and World literally is a Point A to Point B game. 3D land wasn't even a hard game with the "Hard 8 worlds". 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#8 BKSmash

BKSmash

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Greatest Of The Greatest

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:45 AM

As I've said before, I believe it when I see it. 

They seriously have to work on their Mario games more, they've been way too easy these past years!

#9 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:12 AM

That's kind a of misleading title from the article. It's just Eiji Aonuma saying that the whole "holding-holds" thing will not be prominent in the next Zelda game for the Wii U and that players getting lost should find out on their own. This is great imo.

Edited by Kratos Aurion, 17 October 2013 - 07:13 AM.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

Windwaker has some pretty hard parts though. At least a couple things rely on pure luck to complete. And I HATE that plant boss that hangs from the ceiling.

Eh? The entirety of ww was a cakewalk... What parts are you talking about?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

Eh? The entirety of ww was a cakewalk... What parts are you talking about?

Mostly the squid game and the flight control platform. And anywhere where they have more than two castors that cast more enemies.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#12 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

Mostly the squid game and the flight control platform. And anywhere where they have more than two castors that cast more enemies.

None of the things you mentioned were hard in any way. Maybe you just had bad luck, but Wind Waker (and a lot of Nintendo games) have been baby easy these days. I want to struggle and get my money's worth.

#13 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

None of the things you mentioned were hard in any way. Maybe you just had bad luck, but Wind Waker (and a lot of Nintendo games) have been baby easy these days. I want to struggle and get my money's worth.

lol well just count me as another person who had a HORRIBLE time with the flight control platform.  That was miserable.  

Got the squid/battleship game on the 2nd try thankfully

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#14 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

Good to see they have this mentality. I like a challenge, I hope to see the next Mario game after 3D World be somewhat difficult. I also hope this means no more tutorials. Dream Team being a huge offender.

This theme will haunt you for practically the whole game.

Edited by Firejonie, 17 October 2013 - 01:33 PM.

#15 Thrash13

Thrash13

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Donkey Kong

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

I'm not the best gamer out there anyway, but I do enjoy the challenge.  A lot of games that were probably difficult for me were probably pretty easy for most hardcore gamers.  I'm definitely on the side of having difficult games rather than games that are too easy though! 

#16 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

Like seriously, Mario games have gotten so easy I have to look up what the Game Over screens look like for them because I have too many lives.

#17 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

Like seriously, Mario games have gotten so easy I have to look up what the Game Over screens look like for them because I have too many lives.

LOL! I know, right? I don't think I've ever seen a game over screen in a Mario game since 64, or a 3D Zelda game since Majora's Mask. Ridiculous.

#18 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

LOL! I know, right? I don't think I've ever seen a game over screen in a Mario game since 64, or a 3D Zelda game since Majora's Mask. Ridiculous.

Well I died once as Wolf Link at the beginning of Twilight Princess because I didn't understand the part about Midna using her power to attack all three enemies at once. Skyward Sword was a pretty damn tough game compared to the previous 3D Zelda games. In fact, it was the first game where the final boss  actually killed me even with faries in bottles. And I haven't even tried Hero Mode since I beat the game. Then again, the controls were quite clumsy in that game, so yeah.

Edited by Kratos Aurion, 17 October 2013 - 04:42 PM.

#19 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:39 AM

It's about time..

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:53 AM

The squid game? Dude, thats battleship.

battlshipboard.jpg
Classic strategy game. Yeah, there is definately some luck involved Theres nothing random or guesswork about it... Unless you are just randomly picking spots, but if you use any typical battleship strategies you will easily win 80% of the time.

There is no luck involved whatsoever in the distance flight challenge. If you are only making it halfway, you havent discovered the power you need to beat it, and if you are just falling short, you are lacking skill in timing.

Wizrobes can be a nuisance, but really, again, there is no random luck involved in beating them. Simply shoot or stab them dead, then clean up the mess they made.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!